Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Bill Nye The Idiot Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole "Gays are bad cause they don't reproduce" argument might have some validity if we were an endangered species.

As it is, the human race is plague on the earth so it's actually a health thing to lower the birth rate.
    "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
      The only such "studies" showing dangers from non-hetero relationships come from heavily biased religious organizations like NARTH. There are no reputable scientific studies showing homosexuality per se is dangerous to either the practitioner or the general population.
      Ahh yes, this dumb double standard where homosexuality is clearly associated with destructive behavior but because liking men in and of itself doesn't cause the damage homosexuality is declared perfectly healthy and normal. This double standard of course exists only for homosexuality and a handful of other perversions liberals want to normalize but not for any other mental illness even though mental illnesses in general aren't dangerous "per se".
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
        The whole "Gays are bad cause they don't reproduce" argument might have some validity if we were an endangered species.

As it is, the human race is plague on the earth so it's actually a health thing to lower the birth rate.
        I agree, homosexuality is bad because it is immoral.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          I agree, homosexuality is bad because it is immoral.
          That's why ethics are far more important than morality.
          "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

That's why ethics are far more important than morality.
            How do you have ethics without moral principles?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

How do you have ethics without moral principles?
              That question shows you don't understand either word.

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

That question shows you don't understand either word.
                Ethics are based on moral principles Wally.

moral principles that govern a person's behavior or the conducting of an activity.
                Ethics or moral philosophy is a branch of philosophy that involves systematizing, defending, and recommending concepts of right and wrong conduct.

Ethics:

noun
                (used with a singular or plural verb) a system of moral principles:
                the ethics of a culture.
                (used with a plural verb) the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.:
                medical ethics; Christian ethics.
                (used with a plural verb) moral principles, as of an individual:
                His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.
                So I will ask again Wally, how can you have ethics without moral principles?
                Last edited by seer; 05-02-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor
                  There's no need to rehash this with ignoramuses who aren't even aware of the basics of the debate.
                  True, especially with a willful ignoramus who can't be bothered to look up the actual statistics before spouting off.

ETA: I'll post this from Wiki. The Wiki page has links to the actual studies.

Male promiscuity

A 1994 study in the United States, which looked at the number of sexual partners in a lifetime, found 20% of heterosexual men had only one partner, 55% had two to 20 partners, and 25% had more than 20 partners.[19] More recent studies have reported similar numbers.[20]

A 1989 study found a very high number of partners (over 100) to be present though rare among homosexual males.[21] General Social Survey data indicates that the distribution of partner numbers among men who have sex exclusively with men and men who have sex exclusively with women is similar, but that differences appear in the proportion of those with very high number of partners, which is larger among gay men, but that in any case makes up a small minority for both groups.[22] OkCupid discovered a similar pattern in the data collected from its vast number of users, published in 2010: the median number of self-reported lifetime sexual partners for both gay and straight men was six; however, a small minority of gay men (2%) were having a disproportionate share of all self-reported gay sex (23%).[23] According to updated OkCupid data published in 2014, gay male users self-reported a lower median of lifetime sex partners than straight male users: four for gay men and five for straight men.[24] A 2007 study reported that two large population surveys found "the majority of gay men had similar numbers of unprotected sexual partners annually as straight men and women."[25][26]
                  There's no ignorance quite so dense as willful ignorance.
                  Last edited by HMS_Beagle; 05-02-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

True, especially with a willful ignoramus who can't be bothered to look up the actual statistics before spouting off.
                    I've looked up the statistics and had this debate so many times I'm getting tired of it. Look, idiot:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-queer-problem

If you think gays are not any more promiscuous than straights, you are far to the left of the already far left mainstream. It's no more worthwhile to debate whether homosexuals are more promiscuous than hetereosexuals than it is to argue about whether the earth is flat. Neither debate is worth my time.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      I've looked up the statistics and had this debate so many times I'm getting tired of it. Look, idiot:

If you think gays are not any more promiscuous than straights, you are far to the left of the already far left mainstream. It's no more worthwhile to debate whether homosexuals are more promiscuous than hetereosexuals than it is to argue about whether the earth is flat. Neither debate is worth my time.
                      Look at the actual statistics I provided idiot, not an unsupported opinion piece.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle
                        You can tell an idiot who's only interested in gay bashing when he doesn't provide any data to back up his claims at all.
                        Isn't okcupid a dating site? Besides I can imagine the push back if anyone published a study that even suggested that homosexuals were more promiscuous.

study by Bell and Weinberg (1978), published by the Kinsey Institute, and often called the most ambitious study of homosexuality ever attempted, gathered its data before the AIDS crisis had begun. http://www.josephnicolosi.com/an-ope...e-truth-about/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose..._Men_and_Women
                        Last edited by seer; 05-02-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Look at the actual statistics I provided idiot, not an unsupported opinion piece.
                          Why are you lying? The article has an entire page's worth of references. Really getting desperate, rat.

To make matters worse, your own "statistics" don't really support your original claim, which is that homosexuals and heterosexual promiscuity is virtually identical, they just claim gay promiscuity is massively loaded into a small % of the gay population.

Like I said, you're the mental equivalent of a flat earther.

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle
                          You can tell an idiot who's only interested in gay bashing when he doesn't provide any data to back up his claims at all.
                          Seems to me like you're a homophile interested in lying for your allies in evil, which is why you're trying to dismiss a well sourced article by a Psychology PhD that can't even be reasonably construed as "gay bashing". It's all propaganda with you.

PS: my religious beliefs about homosexuality don't require homosexuals to be more promiscuous than average. I just like rubbing it in because it's true. So your argument is completely nonsensical. OTOH, homophiles DO have to pretend homosexuality dindu nuffin for you to keep your religious beliefs intact. And it doesn't, so you lie and try to discredit anyone who says otherwise.

Comment

Isn't okcupid a dating site? Besides I can imagine the push back if anyone published a study that even suggested that homosexuals were more promiscuous.
                            LOL! Posting opinion pieces by a well known anti-gay doctor isn't very convincing either. Also this is from your own link to the almost 40 year old Bell and Weinberg book you're citing.

Though the book became influential, and is sometimes seen as a classic work, it has been criticized for its sampling methods and many of Bell and Weinberg's findings have become dated due to social changes since 1978, such as the AIDS epidemic and the progress of the gay rights movement.
                            The simple fact is males in general (gay or straight) tend to be much more promiscuous than females. Being gay or straight doesn't really factor into the equation.

Promiscuity Differs by Gender

Homophobic bigots like the idiot here love to demonize gays with the usual dishonest stereotype as all being wildly promiscuous and only interested in sex. The truth is much different but the lying gay-bashers have never been interested in any scientific truths about human sexuality.
                            Last edited by HMS_Beagle; 05-02-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

LOL! Posting opinion pieces by a well known anti-gay doctor isn't very convincing either.

The simple fact is males in general (gay or straight) tend to be much more promiscuous than females. Being gay or straight doesn't really factor into the equation.

Promiscuity Differs by Gender

Homophobic bigots like the idiot here love to demonize gays with the usual dishonest stereotype as all being wildly promiscuous and only interested in sex. The truth is much different but the lying gay-bashers have never been interested in any scientific truths about human sexuality.
                              Hey I just linked the Bell and Weinberg study for the Kinsey Institute, and homosexuals are more promiscuous - period. Which makes sense since men are generally more promiscuous than women, and if you don't have women to check the behavior then men on men have little restraint. And the "anti-gay" doctor was just quoting the studies, and I did link a second source.

Comment

Hey I just linked the Bell and Weinberg study for the Kinsey Institute, and homosexuals are more promiscuous - period. Which makes sense since men are generally more promiscuous than women, and if you don't have women to check the behavior then men on men have little restraint. And the "anti-gay" doctor was just quoting the studies, and I did link a second source.
                                You ignored this from your own link regarding your almost 40 year old data.

Though the book became influential, and is sometimes seen as a classic work, it has been criticized for its sampling methods and many of Bell and Weinberg's findings have become dated due to social changes since 1978, such as the AIDS epidemic and the progress of the gay rights movement.
                                Gay men are no more promiscuous than hetero men. People who claim differently are either woefully ignorant or lying.

Comment