Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Humans Caused Extinction of Australia�s Prehistoric Giant Animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The reality of the facts of sediment deposits today and all know geologic history of all known formations is that gravel deposits form conglomerates, sandstone and deposits of sand, like beaches and dunes, contain only sand, loess and siltstone contains only silt size particles, and clay deposits, shales and varved clays contain or only clay, and form from discretely uniform thin strata of clay sized particles. Stoke's Law rules in the history of deposition and rock formation.

Absolutely no evidence of a Genesis flood.
    History of geological deposits is not a known. The Genesis Flood is known, from narrative history.

I was not looking for proof in the silt, of my position, just for a non-proof of yours.
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
      History of geological deposits is not a known. The Genesis Flood is known, from narrative history.

I was not looking for proof in the silt, of my position, just for a non-proof of yours.
      Taking a page from Donald Trump I see. TRUTH as defined by declaring it is so.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Look up the experiment of Guy Berthault before invoking it next time, I gave you videos.

Stoke's law would probably apply in waters much calmer than the ones we consider here.
        Berthault essentially offered a critique of Steno's original work from the 17th century rather than the many refinements and improvements made upon it over the last few centuries. Most of his "discoveries" were anything but new or revolutionary and have been widely known by geologists for well over a century.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Taking a page from Donald Trump I see. TRUTH as defined by declaring it is so.

Jim
          Jim, you are still selectively reading impaired, I see.

I was correcting someone's impression on what I argued from in a given belief or what I argued for or against by a given fact. Only someone as blind as a mole to anything not ironclad in mathematical formulas could come to a conclusion I was refraining from arguing at all and preferring to believe what I wanted with no argument at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Berthault essentially offered a critique of Steno's original work from the 17th century rather than the many refinements and improvements made upon it over the last few centuries. Most of his "discoveries" were anything but new or revolutionary and have been widely known by geologists for well over a century.
            Well, why are the geologists not even after his reminder applying that new and refined knowledge?

I argued with a geologist claiming dinos had been found over pelycosaurs, because of strata going very little in depth compared to the geographic distance between the fossils!

Comment

The Genesis Flood is not known by any objective evidence that it ever happened. An ancient tale developed from Babylonian, Canaanite and Ugarite mythology is not known, nor supported by evidence.

The geologic history a determined and supported by the objective evidence is known beyond a reasonable doubt

'Proof/non-proof'?!?!?! This is not comprehensible nor coherent.

Vast thickness of shale from clay sized particles over a thousand feet thick and siltstones cannot be explained by a global flood.

You have also dodged the issue of limestones, which are not remotely chemically similar to man made cement nor concrete as I have documented. Limestones cannot possibly form quickly, and they contain huge coral reefs just as they form today in conjunction with limestone formation taking place today.

The only viable 'dead duck' argument is the fideist approach that God Created everything with the appearance of age.

Comment

There are gypsum deposits hundreds of feet thick. The only way to form it is through tidal flats that fill and evaporate, each leaving an imperceptibly small new layer. Can't form in a flood, can't form in less than a staggering length of time.
                "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Well, why are the geologists not even after his reminder applying that new and refined knowledge?

I argued with a geologist claiming dinos had been found over pelycosaurs, because of strata going very little in depth compared to the geographic distance between the fossils!
                  They have been for well over a century. It is just that his supporters are trying to apply them to everything when the times they apply are in fact extremely limited. And dinosaurs should be found over "pelycosaurs" since the latter died out in the Late Permian and the former first appeared in the Middle Triassic.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                    There are gypsum deposits hundreds of feet thick. The only way to form it is through tidal flats that fill and evaporate, each leaving an imperceptibly small new layer. Can't form in a flood, can't form in less than a staggering length of time.
                    Evaporites (essentially salt and gypsum formations) pose an insurmountable problem for the YEC Flood model that rarely gets discussed. To briefly make the point there is an aggregate thickness of 600 meters of gypsum and salt accumulated in the Michigan Basin alone. It would take a column of water nearly 1000 km (621 miles) deep to form a layer of salt 600 meters thick.

And these salt deposits aren't on top of all other strata, as you would expect if they were the result of "left over" floodwaters evaporating but are in the middle of the strata sequences with strata deposited above and below them.

0000000000000a4.jpg
                    Note that the center of the basin is a whopping 16,000' below
                    the surface with the edges of the basin being 4000' down

And that barely scratches the surface of the problems that evaporites present.
                    Last edited by rogue06; 01-26-2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Berthault used two grain sizes and using an inclined flume system with a sustained current managed to get alternating bands of fine and coarse grained sediment layers. Not only is this phenomenon not at all surprising to geologists, but the bands are very thin and are not composed of anything besides two grain sizes of sediment. The experiment does not even begin to falsify things like fossil stratification/order, radiometric ages, varves, or the formation of huge beds of limestone. Basically, it doesn't falsify anything about modern geology at all. Moreover he seemed to think that because some laminations under some circumstances can be deposited rapidly, then this was proof that all laminations could be deposited rapidly

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Where does a 1,000 pound Kangaroo sit?
                        Anywhere it wants to.
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          Anywhere it wants to.
                          . . . except where the 2000 pound kangaroo is sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            I'm not disappointed that I never saw a dinosaur...
                            You see, and eat, dinosaurs all the time.

Comment

K-Ar is basically worthless, as witness Mount St Helen.
                              No, just no. What "Steve Austin's dishonest testing showed is that if you use the wrong metric, you get bad data. It would be like timing a 50 yard dash with a calendar and then claiming that watches don't work.

Comment

Look up the experiment of Guy Berthault before invoking it next time, I gave you videos.
                                Yeah, because some sand and water in a separatory funnel scales up to a global flood.

Comment