Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Materialists believe in magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
    You made the bet Clucky

You lost the bet.

You welshed on paying the money you owe.

It's all recorded in posts for anyone to see Clucky. What you hope to gain by lying about the issue is the mystery.
    You are supposed to be OFF this thread, you bombastic moron.
    Or is it that you actually never learned how to read? Yeah, that must be it!

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      It's always so funny to watch you go up against an expert in a field Jorge. It always goes just like this. In spite of the fact you are nothing more than a self-studied layman, you always think you know more than they do, are better able to analyze the technical data than they are. Unless, of course, they happen to agree with you. Every time I watch you do this, I take stock of my own sense of what I think I know. It is easy for any of us that study many different fields of science to get an overinflated sense of our own accomplishments, but you take that kind of over-assessment of one's own stature to a level that simply can't be matched.

Jim
      Jim ............. just shut up! You're not even entertaining any more (as you once were).

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Jim ............. just shut up! You're not even entertaining any more (as you once were).

Jorge
        Not likely Jorge. Somebody has to keep you honest.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Not likely Jorge. Somebody has to keep you honest.
          Good luck with that.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

You have a PhD in your field and I suggest you stick to that because in other fields (e.g., philosophy), bluntly, you stink.The Materialistic presuppositions are right there in front of you - immersed in the "current state of research" - but you cannot even see them. And the cop-out answer "we don't know yet" is totally dishonest (or at least naive) because while the person claims to "not know yet" they will nonetheless live out their lives AS IF the answer is fully covered by Materialism. IOW, "We don't know what the answer is so in the meantime we will live as if Materialism is the answer."
            How someone chooses to live is just that - a choice. It has no influence on the current state of scientific knowledge, or how the process of science functions.

You're saying i stink at philosophy, and yet you're flunking basic logic here.
            "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge the welsher View Post
              You are supposed to be OFF this thread, you bombastic moron.
              Or is it that you actually never learned how to read? Yeah, that must be it!

As long as you keep addressing me I have the right to respond Clucky. I guess that fact never penetrated your welsher brain.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                How someone chooses to live is just that - a choice. It has no influence on the current state of scientific knowledge, or how the process of science functions.

You're saying i stink at philosophy, and yet you're flunking basic logic here.
                Hehe ... yeah ... right ... whatever you say.

BTW, the above is known as a non sequitur.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                  As long as you keep addressing me I have the right to respond Clucky. I guess that fact never penetrated your welsher brain.
                  Wrong, you lying moron. Even when I do NOT address you at
                  all you just jump right in with or without permission to do so.

Try to keep your lies straight, okay?

Fortunately for you, just as there is presently no rule of law in the U.S.,
                  there is also no rule of law here on TWeb. The people that are supposed
                  to be enforcing the rules do so but only selectively - just as is being
                  done by the FBI and DOJ regarding the latest Clinton crimes.

Jorge

Comment

Agreed - you aren't aware. Don't make your ignorance my responsibility.
                    You have no example Jorge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                      It's all part of the voodoo sorcery. You're also mixing apples with aardvarks.
                      Jorge,

I asked:-

Besides how does "nothing" = "universal chance", where "nothing" is the layman's understaning of the term?
                      How does this:-

"It's all part of the voodoo sorcery. You're also mixing apples with aardvarks."

- form a coherent, reasoned explanation to my question?

What I am asking you is how nothing can be equivalent to universal chance (where "nothing" is the layman's understanding which seems to be the utter absence of absolutely everything and anything). Calling it "voodoo sorcery" is nothing more than name calling.

++++

Perpaps you don't understand the simple concept of explanation. So let me explain by providing an example.

To the question:-

"How does one make a sponge cake?",

- the following is not considered a valid answer:-

"You are a moron for asking such a question."

However, the following is considered a valid answer:-

"You take two eggs, half a pound of self-raising flour, ... , set the oven to 220 degrees C, ...."

Does that help you understand better?

Comment

• Originally posted by rwatts View Post
                        Jorge,

I asked:-

How does this:-

"It's all part of the voodoo sorcery. You're also mixing apples with aardvarks."

- form a coherent, reasoned explanation to my question?

What I am asking you is how nothing can be equivalent to universal chance (where "nothing" is the layman's understanding which seems to be the utter absence of absolutely everything and anything). Calling it "voodoo sorcery" is nothing more than name calling.

++++

Perpaps you don't understand the simple concept of explanation. So let me explain by providing an example.

To the question:-

"How does one make a sponge cake?",

- the following is not considered a valid answer:-

"You are a moron for asking such a question."

However, the following is considered a valid answer:-

"You take two eggs, half a pound of self-raising flour, ... , set the oven to 220 degrees C, ...."

Does that help you understand better?
                        Yeah, I understand "better" ... now go away, you Dodo!

Seriously, your question was dumb, stupid, ill-stated and loaded with a truckload of nonsense which I refrain to engage. For example, asking "how does nothing = universal chance" is a misrepresentation/distortion of what I had stated. In fact, if I recall what you did was conflate content from one post with content from a different post. I won't even waste my time to see if it was content from the same post.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                          Yeah, I understand "better" ... now go away, you Dodo!

Seriously, your question was dumb, stupid, ill-stated and loaded with a truckload of nonsense which I refrain to engage. For example, asking "how does nothing = universal chance" is a misrepresentation/distortion of what I had stated. In fact, if I recall what you did was conflate content from one post with content from a different post. I won't even waste my time to see if it was content from the same post.

Jorge
                          Jorge dictionary: Distortion: 27: pointing out any unforeseen or even just unwanted consequence of my words.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            Jorge dictionary: Distortion: 27: pointing out any unforeseen or even just unwanted consequence of my words.
                            Work must be slow at the ol' shop for O-Mudd to come a'haunting.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge the welcher View Post
                              Seriously, your question was dumb, stupid, ill-stated and loaded with a truckload of nonsense which I refrain to engage.
                              There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

For example, anyone who expects the above screed not to be recognised as empty bluster from some-one who has no answer.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
                                No, there are indeed stupid questions. Of course, stupid people will not recognize them
                                as stupid questions and so they parrot the urban myth that, "There are no stupid questions."

Jorge

Comment