Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Yet even MORE supporting evidence ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Jorge - I don't know why you made the bet. But really, it would have been in the best interests of 'avoiding the appearance of evil' if you had paid it. NO-ONE here - YEC or otherwise - sees this a something you actually won. You really should just take your medicine and pay up.

Jim
    I pay all my debts on time - thank you. However ...
    I'm not in the habit of "paying-up" on something I do not owe.
    If anything, I was gracious enough to forgive what was owed me.

Do I expect you or your comrades to accept that? Of course not!
    I expect the opposite. Just like the Clintons, you people are in the
    habit of accusing your 'enemies' of the crimes that YOU are guilty of.
    Regardless, facts do not depend on your acceptances or denials of them.

You really need to learn to be quiet when you don't know what you're talking about.
    But wait, that would mean that you'd be silent just about all the time.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
      Not this one. You lost fair and square and you welshed. Not surprising given your previously demonstrated level of honesty.

Comment

Do I expect you or your comrades to accept that? Of course not!
        I expect the opposite. Just like the Clintons, you people are in the
        habit of accusing your 'enemies' of the crimes that YOU are guilty of.
        Regardless, facts do not depend on your acceptances or denials of them.

You really need to learn to be quiet when you don't know what you're talking about.
        But wait, that would mean that you'd be silent just about all the time.

Jorge
        Jorge, you made a bad bet. One you really couldn't win. But it was one of your design. Do the adult thing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Jorge, you made a bad bet. One you really couldn't win. But it was one of your design. Do the adult thing.
          As per the New Age Logic of you people, you think you're right.
          Allow me to be the one to rain on your parade - you're NOT right ... not even close.
          The whole lot of you need to get a life and stop trying to get me
          to do something that would be morally wrong if I did it.
          Oh, wait, you critters are also guided by New Age Morality. My bad ... forget what I said.

Jorge

Comment

So now according to the Jorgean Lexicon things like honesty, integrity, honorable, decency... are equivalent to what you call New Age Morality. And admitting that you were in error when you were is hardly the same as doing something morally wrong unless you're under the delusion that you're perfect.
            Last edited by rogue06; 05-20-2016, 09:21 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              So now according to the Jorgean Lexicon things like honesty, integrity, honorable, decency... are equivalent to what you call New Age Morality. And admitting that you were in error when you were is hardly the same as doing something morally wrong unless you're under the delusion that you're perfect.
              Wrong again, R6 ... on multiple counts!

But listen, I grow weary of trying to educate the likes of you. Nothing save God Himself could get you people to change your wicked ways. Therefore, say or believe whatever lets you sleep at night.

BTW, I was certainly correct in my prediction that my post would generate "arm-waving, grunts, howls and name-calling" but NEVER an admission that there is indeed evidence that supports the Biblical Creation Model. You people will chew off your hind feet before you make such a confession in public. It's all part of your intellectual dishonesty.

Speaking of intellectual dishonesty, try getting any one of your ideological comrades (namely, the Atheists) to admit that regarding the origin of life they hold a RELIGIOUS position. I mean, in the final analysis they HAVE to believe in abiogenesis (the unproven belief that life must have arisen from non-living things through natural processes).

Not only has abiogenesis never been observed. In fact, the contrary (biogenesis) has been scientifically shown to hold in all cases. Ergo, these people hold an UNscientific position -- call it religious, metaphysical, ideological, philosophical or whatever but don't you dare call it "scientific" because that claim would be unjustifiable.

In short, they are every bit as religious as the Snake Worshipers of Bali.

Think you can get any of your buddies to 'fess up to that?

I again predict "arm-waving, grunts, howls and name-calling" but NEVER an admission.

Jorge
              Last edited by Jorge; 05-20-2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Not only has abiogenesis never been observed. In fact, the contrary (biogenesis) has been scientifically shown to hold in all cases. Ergo, these people hold an UNscientific position -- call it religious, metaphysical, ideological, philosophical or whatever but don't you dare call it "scientific" because that claim would be unjustifiable.

I'm sorry, but maybe you can elaborate on this. The scientists studying abiogenesis are determining the types of chemicals that existed early in the solar system's history, figuring out the conditions that likely prevailed on the early earth, understanding the chemical reactions that would occur spontaneously under those conditions, and looking at things like the spontaneous formation of membranes, the existence of self-replicating RNAs, etc. etc. I'm curious as to how those activities are the equivalent of snake worship.
                "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Wrong again, R6 ... on multiple counts!

But listen, I grow weary of trying to educate the likes of you. Nothing save God Himself could get you people to change your wicked ways. Therefore, say or believe whatever lets you sleep at night.

BTW, I was certainly correct in my prediction that my post would generate "arm-waving, grunts, howls and name-calling" but NEVER an admission that there is indeed evidence that supports the Biblical Creation Model. You people will chew off your hind feet before you make such a confession in public. It's all part of your intellectual dishonesty.

Speaking of intellectual dishonesty, try getting any one of your ideological comrades (namely, the Atheists) to admit that regarding the origin of life they hold a RELIGIOUS position. I mean, in the final analysis they HAVE to believe in abiogenesis (the unproven belief that life must have arisen from non-living things through natural processes).

Think you can get any of your buddies to 'fess up to that?

I again predict "arm-waving, grunts, howls and name-calling" but NEVER an admission.

Jorge
                  Source: abstract from May13 science

Becker et al. show that the A and G bases can be synthesized easily and in high yield from prebiotically reasonable precursors, lending further support to the RNA World hypothesis.

© Copyright Original Source

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6287/833

Research continues. Sometimes it takes a while to work it out. We still don't understand elements of how or why tornadoes form or how they behave, yet they happen every year, every month of the year, sometimes many on a single day. "God of the gaps" is always a weak argument Jorge. Go for something stronger.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Jorge continues to welch

Originally posted by Jorge the welcher View Post
                    Codswallop.

This was your challenge to me:
                    Unless I'm mistaken, the TWeb rules don't require rogue to prove you wrong . They require that you prove yourself right - which you have not done, since you have failed to demonstrate (not claim) any background/context that differs from rogue's version.

I don't think you can.
                    You willing to bet $150.00 on that?
                    Come on, be a man, put your money where your fat mouth is...
                    I accepted your bet. I put my money where my mouth was. And what happened? You failed to do any of the things I said you couldn't do. You didn't "demonstrate (not claim) any background/context that differs from rogue's version". You didn't "prove yourself right". Instead, you admitted you couldn't. You lost the bet that you initiated. Then you welched.

It's painfully obvious to everyone here that you messed up; that you challenged me to "put your money where your fat mouth is" without understanding the implications of what I'd written; and that you have been wriggling and obfuscating, bluffing and blustering, and changing your story ever since. You messed up, and you know you messed up, but you won't take responsibility for, or deal with the consequences of, your mistake. That's why I'm happy to propagate the actual text of your challenge but you never will.

So yes, when you post here you will get responses that don't deal with the substance of your post. But it has nothing to do with your posts being unanswerable. It's because you are a lying coprophile who owes this site money from an ill-considered bet on which you welched.

Roy
                    Last edited by Roy; 05-20-2016, 03:09 PM. Reason: fixing grammar
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Becker et al. show that the A and G bases can be synthesized easily and in high yield from prebiotically reasonable precursors, lending further support to the RNA World hypothesis.

Research continues. Sometimes it takes a while to work it out. We still don't understand elements of how or why tornadoes form or how they behave, yet they happen every year, every month of the year, sometimes many on a single day. "God of the gaps" is always a weak argument Jorge. Go for something stronger.

Jim
                      And a bit more:-

http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2016/16...omms11328.html

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                        I'm sorry, but maybe you can elaborate on this. The scientists studying abiogenesis are determining the types of chemicals that existed early in the solar system's history, figuring out the conditions that likely prevailed on the early earth, understanding the chemical reactions that would occur spontaneously under those conditions, and looking at things like the spontaneous formation of membranes, the existence of self-replicating RNAs, etc. etc. I'm curious as to how those activities are the equivalent of snake worship.
                        Observing that mud hardens and, ergo, may be used to make "bricks" that may be assembled to make shelter that may be .... hardly explains a beautifully designed, functional, multilevel 50-room mansion.

What HAS been observed doesn't even take the first step towards first base in explaining how life arose from raw chemicals. Believing otherwise (as Atheists do) is precisely that -- a metaphysical / religious / ideological BELIEF.

Clear enough?

Jorge

Comment

Jim
                          Regarding O-Mudd, I have long stated that often times there is little-to-no difference between his position and that of Atheists. The above post represents yet another example supporting my claim.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            Codswallop.

This was your challenge to me:I accepted your bet. I put my money where my mouth was. And what happened? You failed to do any of the things I said you couldn't do. You didn't "demonstrate (not claim) any background/context that differs from rogue's version". You didn't "prove yourself right". Instead, you admitted you couldn't. You lost the bet that you initiated. Then you welched.

It's painfully obvious to everyone here that you messed up; that you challenged me to "put your money where your fat mouth is" without understanding the implications of what I'd written; and that you have been wriggling and obfuscating, bluffing and blustering, and changing your story ever since. You messed up, and you know you messed up, but you won't take responsibility for, or deal with the consequences of, your mistake. That's why I'm happy to propagate the actual text of your challenge but you never will.

So yes, when you post here you will get responses that don't deal with the substance of your post. But it has nothing to do with your posts being unanswerable. It's because you are a lying coprophile who owes this site money from an ill-considered bet on which you welched.

Roy
                            You poor creature! You have no life and so you must invent a cause -- even if it's
                            a totally fabricated cause -- to find some meaning for your pitiful existence.

Thank you LORD that I am not Roy!!!!!!!!

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge the welcher View Post
                              Thank you LORD that I am not Roy!!!!!!!!
                              You don't meet the requirements.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                You don't meet the requirements.
                                A big AMEN to that!!!

Those "requirements" include: intellectual dishonesty, distorting facts,
                                rewriting history, re-interpreting events to suit an agenda ... and similar.

Yup, you are 100% correct, Roy - I do NOT meet the requirements.

For that, my LORD Jesus Christ, I thank you!

Jorge

Comment