Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Replicants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replicants

Scientists Hold Secret Meeting to Consider Creating a Synthetic Human Genome
    Scientists are now contemplating the creation of a synthetic human genome, meaning they would use chemicals to manufacture all the DNA contained in human chromosomes.

Well, at least it's not cloning.

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    Scientists are now contemplating the creation of a synthetic human genome, meaning they would use chemicals to manufacture all the DNA contained in human chromosomes.

They are going to kill us all eventually... Perhaps they already have...

maxresdefault.jpg
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Wow!?!?!? A human Xerox machine.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Wow!?!?!? A human Xerox machine.
        Not just copies, improvements. We're talking about actual, synthetic humans, in our own lifetimes.

Where are the hand-wringers?

Comment

ethical problems abound.

would they be able to patent the resultant human? scientific slavery? or even to manufacture workers with no free will?

sounds just like bladerunner

it is also ironic that they want to manufacture people while others want to abort them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            ethical problems abound.
            Ya think?

would they be able to patent the resultant human? scientific slavery? or even to manufacture workers with no free will?
            I think they'd be able to patent any new synthetic genes, but it's not a human if it's not using most of our current genome. The courts have already rejected patenting those genes. I suspect it would be possible to select for more pliable replicants, but the timeline on that project would be measured in generations, hence centuries.

sounds just like bladerunner
            The singularity is approaching.

Comment

Isn't there a population problem according to many on the political left? It's why I never understood the drive of science to solve mortality, now they want us to create synthetic humans?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                Isn't there a population problem according to many on the political left? It's why I never understood the drive of science to solve mortality, now they want us to create synthetic humans?
                Science is not on the political left.

Comment

I am not sure it is not pretty close.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    Your view is understandable considered your paranoid negative view of science.

Comment

Your view is understandable considering your adoration of scientists as infallible, unbiased, apolitical purveyors of truth.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        Your view is understandable considering your adoration of scientists as infallible, unbiased, apolitical purveyors of truth.
                        Nothing I have ever posted reflects this outrageous accusation.

What could ever be constructive of accusing science as being some sort of liberal leftest conspiracy? This can only come from looney bin conspiracy theories.
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-14-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          Translate, please.

Comment

I have a generally positive view of science. I do not fail to recognize that scientists can err.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Translate, please.
                              There is a tendency for scientists to prefer liberals since liberals give them more federal money.

Comment