Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is the Earth Flat? - Some Evidence Presented

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnMartin View Post
    Give us all some relief and go back to slapping your mother.

JM
    I told you you're not my mother. And I wouldn't have to keep slapping you if you were honest and dealt with the tons of evidence against your Geo / flat earth stupidity already provided.

Comment

• Further to the previous discussion on clouds. If the earth is curved then we should see the clouds curve away at the horizon just as we see ships fall under the horizon. Picture 1 shows the view we see on earth with the clouds and ships shrinking in the distance due to perspective.

clouds.jpg
      Picture 1

Picture 2 shows the view if the earth is curved. There is an inconsistency in the ship orientation and the cloud orientation. The ships bend with the curved earth, but the clouds do not. This is typical of what we see with curved earth claims. The claims typically follow the ship, but ignore the lack of cloud curvature.

clouds2.jpg
      Picture 2

Picture 3 shows what should be seen if the earth is curved. Both the ship and the clouds should be curved over the horizon.

clouds3.jpg
      Picture 3

The inconsistency between the ships disappearing over the horizon and the lack of cloud curvature directed over the distant ships indicates the curved earths claims require observations to be eclectic.

Pictures taken from

at T1:30.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
        I told you you're not my mother. And I wouldn't have to keep slapping you if you were honest and dealt with the tons of evidence against your Geo / flat earth stupidity already provided.
        That's why you should go back. Your mother bore a son who ignores the tons of evidence.

JM

Comment

• All pictures were taken from this video - Flat Earth Freedom

An eclipse was photographed from a plane on 20 March 2015. The location of the plane was near Scotland as the eclipse path crosses over Scotland. Notice how high on the earth the shadow is, falling over Greenland and Scotland.

eclipse.jpg
          Eclipse Location on 20 March 2015.

Long shadow of the moon over the earth.

fef2.jpg
          Picture 1

The location of sun-moon and plane in relation to the plane, near Scotland.
          fef3.jpg
          Picture 2

The moon and sun are aligned at 5.14 degrees to the horizontal. The shadow from the moon sould be caste on the earth as shown and not be seen by the plane.

fef4.jpg
          Picture 3

The photo shows the sun spot on the clouds and the short shadow below the clouds. These indicate a small, close sun above the clouds.

fef5.jpg
          Picture 4

Pictures 5 and 6 show the moon shadow caste on a flat plane, matching what is seen from the photo's taken in flight.

fef6.jpg
          Picture 5

fef7.jpg
          Picture 6

A contrast of the ball earth model with the flat earth model. The ball earth model shows the moons shadow low. The flat earth model shows the shadow long, matching the photo in flight.

fef8.jpg
          Picture 7

A statement of what was observed from the plane and when.

fef9.jpg
          Picture 8

Conclusion - If the details of this eclipse event are correct, then physical support has been found in favor of a flat earth, against the ball earth model. As the geometry of the eclipse favors a flat earth model, evidence is also inferred for the moon being close to the sun and therefore having a similar size to the sun.

The eclipse is shown below -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SE2015Mar20T.gif

JM
          Last edited by JohnMartin; 02-09-2016, 05:53 AM.

Comment

That's why you should go back. Your mother bore a son who ignores the tons of evidence.

JM
            Your mother not only dropped you, she dribbled you and took a couple hoop shots.

Comment

Further to the previous discussion on clouds. If the earth is curved then we should see the clouds curve away at the horizon just as we see ships fall under the horizon. Picture 1 shows the view we see on earth with the clouds and ships shrinking in the distance due to perspective.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13069[/ATTACH]
              Picture 1

Picture 2 shows the view if the earth is curved. There is an inconsistency in the ship orientation and the cloud orientation. The ships bend with the curved earth, but the clouds do not. This is typical of what we see with curved earth claims. The claims typically follow the ship, but ignore the lack of cloud curvature.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13070[/ATTACH]
              Picture 2

Picture 3 shows what should be seen if the earth is curved. Both the ship and the clouds should be curved over the horizon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13071[/ATTACH]
              Picture 3

The inconsistency between the ships disappearing over the horizon and the lack of cloud curvature directed over the distant ships indicates the curved earths claims require observations to be eclectic.

Pictures taken from

at T1:30.

JM
              hey stupid, go to the beach and hold a ruler up to the horizon. You'll notice that the ocean droops at the edges, just like in picture 2.

As for the clouds, I can see the curvature you talk about almost any time I look at the clouds. What is your problem?

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Even with the claims of slowing the film to imitate moon walking on the moon, the moon walks are still faked. The steps and jumps are too small for 1/6th gravity. Your conclusion is largely based upon the testimony of one video which doesn't address many other objections.
                Of course the steps were small. Their suits were pumped up like balloons, making it difficult to move in them. You're not going to take long strides in one of those spacesuits.

Not to mention that they didn't want to risk falling over and damaging their suits on rocks.
                Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

• if the earth were flat it would take a lot longer to go around the earth at the southern tip of south america than it would at say, at florida or even at the equator it doesnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    If you're aiming for the thread starter, you missed. He's an ardent Roman Catholic.
                    Some Roman Catholics can consider themselves to be Evangelicals.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...n-is-over.html
                    "Look at what happened after the European peoples succeeded in removing the clergy from public life and restricting them to their churches. They built up human being promoted enlightenment, creativity and rebellion. States which are based on religion confine their people in the circle of faith and fear."-Raif Badawi

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                      I thought he was Catholic.

Oh, nevermind. Looks like the Pig has you sorted.
                      You're probably right, I should have just said fundamentalist Christians (and yes Catholics can be fundamentalists).
                      "Look at what happened after the European peoples succeeded in removing the clergy from public life and restricting them to their churches. They built up human being promoted enlightenment, creativity and rebellion. States which are based on religion confine their people in the circle of faith and fear."-Raif Badawi

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        hey stupid, go to the beach and hold a ruler up to the horizon. You'll notice that the ocean droops at the edges, just like in picture 2.

As for the clouds, I can see the curvature you talk about almost any time I look at the clouds. What is your problem?

Jim
                        So Jim can see what the rest of us cannot see. Apparently the curvature is so small over 8 miles or so that we shouldn't see curvature. When refraction is taken into account, as Jim says it should, we should always see something else again. what are we to see, whatever we are to see to affirm the globe, that's what we are to see.

A ruler to the eye? I suppose whenever the ruler moves the earth ain't curved no more. If the ruler is a little bent then the earth is doubly curved. If we have a drink or two, the earth is no longer sober.

What a joke.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                          Of course the steps were small. Their suits were pumped up like balloons, making it difficult to move in them. You're not going to take long strides in one of those spacesuits.

Not to mention that they didn't want to risk falling over and damaging their suits on rocks.
                          Apparently they fell over plenty of times. They did it inside an oven as well. Its simply no believable. They didn't have the technology to get to the moon, let alone move around safely on the moon. The landings are a fraud.

Where did those moon buggies come from? Quite large weren't they and those pods were quite small. I guess they were waiting for them when they landed at the local studio. Apparently the space pods just move through 2000 degree space without feeling the temperature and the van Allen belt twice without affecting the astronauts. Those guys could also throw away their suits before they left the moon as well. No need for a suit, we will open the pod door in 200 degree heat and no atmosphere, take a loooong breath, and then throw the suit out. After that, then reconnect with the orbiting ship, then head back home. No problems at all.

NASA is a faith based initiative. Not much substance their at all.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            if the earth were flat it would take a lot longer to go around the earth at the southern tip of south america than it would at say, at florida or even at the equator it doesnt.
                            Why don't you do us a favor and go down there for a while?

JM

Comment

Apparently the space pods just move through 2000 degree space...
                              2000 degrees?
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

The landings are a fraud.
                                Well, at least he moon landing conspiracy theory is one where you can find a lot of other kooks online who agree with you. Not here, but there are places on the internet they like to hang out. I'm amazed to find anybody who takes the flat Earth idea seriously these days. The ones you find talking about flat Earth online are normally just jokers and hoaxers who don't really believe it. Which is why it's very hard to believe you're not just hoaxing us about that.
                                Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment