Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

See more
See less

Book Plunge: Can Christians Prove The Resurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Why should we take you seriously if you pooh-pooh even reading agnostic scholarship? God's not a puppet to dance to your fantastical whims, Gary.
    Why doesn't Jesus perform indisputable miracles in front of a panel of skeptical medical experts on live, national TV?

Answer: He's dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary View Post
      Why doesn't Jesus perform indisputable miracles in front of a panel of skeptical medical experts on live, national TV?

Answer: He's dead.
      Yes, the only possible explanation for somebody not doing something he used to do is that he must be dead.

My Dad doesn't run his division of Ford Motor Company any more. He must be dead*.

*he's very much alive, albeit somewhat cantankerous these days.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yes, the only possible explanation for somebody not doing something he used to do is that he must be dead.

My Dad doesn't run his division of Ford Motor Company any more. He must be dead*.

*he's very much alive, albeit somewhat cantankerous these days.
        You have no proof that Jesus is still doing miracles other than alleged eyewitness claims of healings after someone has said a prayer to Jesus. But if Christians are always saying prayers for the sick and the dying, why should we believe it is prayer that causes the rare, occasional healing and not random chance?

Comment

You have no proof that Jesus is still doing miracles other than alleged eyewitness claims of healings after someone has said a prayer to Jesus.
          Ummm.... I was an eyewitness myself. And you have no proof that Jesus is dead.

But if Christians are always saying prayers for the sick and the dying, why should we believe it is prayer that causes the rare, occasional healing and not random chance?
          You're really quite the exaggerator, eh? I don't know Christians who are always saying prayers for the sick and dying -- many times, we're doing other things like ministry to the poor.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

God's not a puppet to dance to your fantastical whims, Gary.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And He had pretty harsh words for those who demanded miracles.

Comment

Sounds like fundy atheists don't realize that God is a personal entity and can do whatever He wants to do. He ain't a genie.
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Sounds like fundy atheists don't realize that God is a personal entity and can do whatever He wants to do. He ain't a genie.
                  But He could be if he wanted to!

Comment

But He could be if he wanted to!
                    Why would He want to be a genie? Itty bitty living space!

Comment

Why would He want to be a genie? Itty bitty living space!
                      Well, I wouldn't imagine He would, but if he WANTED to....

Comment

Well, I wouldn't imagine He would, but if he WANTED to....
                        Yes, and the child with the imaginary friend says the same thing:

"My friend isn't going to appear or do a magic trick just because YOU want him to, Mister. You have to really, really, genuinely believe...and THEN he will appear to you or do a magic trick."
                        Last edited by Gary; 05-03-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, and the child with the imaginary friend says the same thing:

"My friend isn't going to appear or do a magic trick just because YOU want him to, Mister. You have to really, really, genuinely believe...and THEN he will appear to you or do a magic trick."
                          That's a silly comparison. Jesus is not an imaginary friend. And He doesn't do "magic tricks". He's not a preforming seal.

Comment

That's a silly comparison. Jesus is not an imaginary friend. And He doesn't do "magic tricks". He's not a preforming seal.
                            If he is invisible, has supernatural powers, and only you can hear him communicate with you, then by the very definition of the term, he is an imaginary friend.

Comment

If he is invisible, has supernatural powers, and only you can hear him communicate with you, then by the very definition of the term, he is an imaginary friend.
                              Or we are His "imaginary friends". Some philosophers would say that God made everything up from His "imagination", so...

Comment

Or we are His "imaginary friends". Some philosophers would say that God made everything up from His "imagination", so...
                                And why did God make us? Why does a perfect, eternal, all-knowing, omnipresent God need to create something new?

Comment