Along came Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    As a neutral person, I would guess that while your friends are likely good friends, they exist and cohabitate for the sex. Remove the sex component and they'd not be cohabitating at all. There in lies the problem. They might be "agreeing" on the rules mutually but that does not mean its ok. The married couples are not giving each other themselves completely. In fact it is saying "you cannot satisfy me totally so I am going elsewhere" Both of them are saying it. Why stay married at all?
    You'd be absolutely wrong to make such a guess. Again, just as in any good relationship, there is far more to my friend Ryan's family than just sex. If there hadn't been, they certainly would not have lasted together as long as they have. They really do love each other every bit as much as any monogamous couple. They give themselves completely to one another in the same way as a monogamous couple does. It has nothing to do with "satisfying me totally." It has to do with loving people.
    "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
    --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

http://deeperwaters.ddns.net/?p=8467

Comment