Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    Your objection to Same's post stands.

I just wonder where he gets these terrible talking points.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
      Something from Leviticus, perhaps?
      Scripture Verse: Deu 24:16

The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        A) You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the context of the OT passage.
        2) You have fundamental ignorance of the Old Testament and the New Testament Covenants.

The two examples are not even talking about the same thing.

Comment

• What are they going to help me do? I've already pointed out that this is about capital punishment for crimes --- the LEGAL system. It's not about atonement for sin.

Seriously, Hakeem, where do you get these hideous talking points?

Comment

What are they going to help me do? I've already pointed out that this is about capital punishment for crimes --- the LEGAL system. It's not about atonement for sin.

Seriously, Hakeem, where do you get these hideous talking points?
            The following verses from Ezk 18 will surely help you;

19 “Yet you ask, ‘Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?’ Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live. 20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

21 “But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die. 22 None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them. Because of the righteous things they have done, they will live. 23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

24 “But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked person does, will they live? None of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness they are guilty of and because of the sins they have committed, they will die.

Comment

• Please refer to another scientific mistake in the Bible found in Leviticus 11:13-19; in verse 13 Moses talks about us about the birds, then he lists them out; however, in verse 19, the bat is included in this list of birds. According to 101 science, a bat is not a bird and hence, the Bible is incorrect in this regard.

Leviticus 11:13-19 read "These are the birds you are to regard as unclean and not eat because they are unclean: the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture, 14 the red kite, any kind of black kite, 15 any kind of raven, 16 the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, 17 the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, 18 the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, 19 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat." (Emphasis added)
              Last edited by Same Hakeem; 06-01-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
                The following verses from Ezk 18 will surely help you;
                I think you're the one who needs help, my friend. None of these verses are saying what you're trying to force them to say.

Comment

Please refer to another scientific mistake in the Bible found in Leviticus 11:13-19; in verse 13 Moses talks about us about the birds, then he lists them out; however, in verse 19, the bat is included in this list of birds. According to science, a bat is not a bird and hence, the Bible is incorrect in this regard.

Leviticus 11:13-19 read "These are the birds you are to regard as unclean and not eat because they are unclean: the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture, 14 the red kite, any kind of black kite, 15 any kind of raven, 16 the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, 17 the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, 18 the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, 19 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat." (Emphasis added)
                  That's not a scientific mistake, my friend, it's a translation problem. The Hebrew word for bird is actually It simply means "to fly" or "has wing". That would include both birds, bats and flying insects - "flying creatures". A bat most certainly is a "flying creature", and I would recommend not eating one.

This information is amazingly simple to obtain if you were truly seeking it.

The KJV translates Strong's H5775 in the following manner: fowl (59x), bird (9x), flying (2x), flieth (1x).

1) flying creatures, fowl, insects, birds
                  A) fowl, birds
                  B) winged insects

Again, I ask --- where are you getting these idiot talking points?

Comment

That's not a scientific mistake, my friend, it's a translation problem. The Hebrew word for bird is actually It simply means "to fly" or "has wing". That would include both birds, bats and flying insects - "flying creatures". A bat most certainly is a "flying creature", and I would recommend not eating one.

This information is amazingly simple to obtain if you were truly seeking it.

The KJV translates Strong's H5775 in the following manner: fowl (59x), bird (9x), flying (2x), flieth (1x).

1) flying creatures, fowl, insects, birds
                    A) fowl, birds
                    B) winged insects

Again, I ask --- where are you getting these idiot talking points?
                    This does not solve the problem. Deut. 14:11-18 in all bibles use "birds" and continue to include the bat in this list of birds. Below is KJV of Deut 14:11-18;

11 Of all clean birds ye shall eat.
                    12 But these are they of which ye shall not eat: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
                    13 And the glede, and the kite, and the vulture after his kind,
                    14 And every raven after his kind,
                    15 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
                    16 The little owl, and the great owl, and the swan,
                    17 And the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the cormorant,
                    18 And the stork, and the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
                    Last edited by Same Hakeem; 06-01-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

This does not solve the problem. Deut. 14:11-18 in all bibles use "birds" and continue to include the bat in this list of birds. Below is KJV of Deut 14:11-18;

11 Of all clean birds ye shall eat.
                      12 But these are they of which ye shall not eat: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
                      13 And the glede, and the kite, and the vulture after his kind,
                      14 And every raven after his kind,
                      15 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
                      16 The little owl, and the great owl, and the swan,
                      17 And the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the cormorant,
                      18 And the stork, and the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
                      I'm going to assume you have a problem with English as a second or third language.

The use of the word "bird" was a translation of a Hebrew word that meant "flying creatures" - bats fall into that category.

Problem solved.

Comment

• Dude. Go look at a bat sometime.

It has wings.

I think it's not just atheism that makes people stupid.

Comment

I'm going to assume you have a problem with English as a second or third language.

The use of the word "bird" was a translation of a Hebrew word that meant "flying creatures" - bats fall into that category.

Problem solved.
                          https://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/14-11.htm

Comment

• Also, please turn to Leviticus 11:6 "the hare chews the cud"

https://biblehub.com/leviticus/11-6.htm

Comment

Had the Hebrew in question meant flying creature, the word "bird" would not have used...
                              The word "bird" was used because it was referring to form --- a bat looks and behaves far more like a bird than it does an elephant.

Do you also object to any reference of the sun rising or setting in the Bible? You realize the sun doesn't actually do that, correct?

Comment

The word "bird" was used because it was referring to form --- a bat looks and behaves far more like a bird than it does an elephant.

I see where you are coming from. However, bat is not bat and hence the Bible errs here.

Do you also object to any reference of the sun rising or setting in the Bible? You realize the sun doesn't actually do that, correct?
                                I only object when there are contradictory statements in the Bible with science or God's qualities. For example, God's order to slay infant (1 Sam 15:3) and anything that breathes (Deut 20:16-17) is in conflict with God's quality of justice and love. Such claimed orders of God will not be made in human courts.
                                Last edited by Same Hakeem; 06-02-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment