Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Book Plunge: Why The End Is Not Near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truther View Post

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.

11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited....

A king without a kingdom?
    You are reading kingdom prophetic scripture literally like the Pharisees, whom God blinded. Read it the way Jesus did in the 4 gospels. You are rejecting his gospel of the kingdom just as the Pharisees did. In so doing, you also reject Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post

You are reading kingdom prophetic scripture literally like the Pharisees, whom God blinded. Read it the way Jesus did in the 4 gospels. You are rejecting his gospel of the kingdom just as the Pharisees did. In so doing, you also reject Jesus.
      can you explain what denomination you are and what escatology you follow? You are sounding gnostic and unorthodox preterist. The bible in rev 21 is clear that there will be a new Earth and Heaven and the New Jerusalem will be on Earth and God will reign there. That is a physical earth, not some spiritual plane, and we will live there in physical bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

can you explain what denomination you are and what escatology you follow? You are sounding gnostic and unorthodox preterist. The bible in rev 21 is clear that there will be a new Earth and Heaven and the New Jerusalem will be on Earth and God will reign there. That is a physical earth, not some spiritual plane, and we will live there in physical bodies.
        The historic Church confirmed Premillennialism is heresy in the Ecumenical Creeds and affirmed Amillennialism the position of the scriptures. Jesus taught Amillennialism. The Pharisees created and taught Premillennialism. You either believe as they do and reject Jesus' gospel of the Kingdom. Or agree with Jesus. Please read the 4 gospels and Jesus' description of the Kingdom. It is spiritual hidden from all but the born-again.

Comment

Not at all.

The spiritual becomes physical.(now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face)

Fact is, you are forbidding Jesus to reign physically by denying it is His will per the literal scriptures.

These passages are extremely detailed and literal, and mean what they say.

Comment

Not at all.

The spiritual becomes physical.(now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face)

Fact is, you are forbidding Jesus to reign physically by denying it is His will per the literal scriptures.

These passages are extremely detailed and literal, and mean what they say.
            Say what it says not what you need for it to say. Paul is speaking about scripture replacing the gifts of the Spirit when completed.

Comment

The historic Church confirmed Premillennialism is heresy in the Ecumenical Creeds and affirmed Amillennialism the position of the scriptures. Jesus taught Amillennialism. The Pharisees created and taught Premillennialism. You either believe as they do and reject Jesus' gospel of the Kingdom. Or agree with Jesus. Please read the 4 gospels and Jesus' description of the Kingdom. It is spiritual hidden from all but the born-again.
              You didn't answer my question. Are you a preterist? Also do you believe Jesus resurrected in a physical body and is still has a physical body or do you believe he was raised with a non-physical body?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You didn't answer my question. Are you a preterist? Also do you believe Jesus resurrected in a physical body or a non-physical body?
                I'm Amillennial according to Jesus' gospel of the kingdom. God raised Jesus' physical body from the dead. His flesh did not see corruption.

Comment

Say what it says not what you need for it to say. Paul is speaking about scripture replacing the gifts of the Spirit when completed.
                  No.

Completed partial gifts when Christ returns, and the dark glass removed....

1 Cor 1
                  7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

14:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
                  Last edited by Truther; 02-05-2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

No.

Completed partial gifts when Christ returns, and the dark glass removed....

1 Cor 1
                    7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:...

14:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
                    Glass darkly = Old Testament. Face to face = New Testament.

Comment

Glass darkly = Old Testament. Face to face = New Testament.
                      No, the dark glass was what Paul saw though via the partial gifts.

Comment

When is "then"?

Comment

No, the dark glass was what Paul saw though via the partial gifts.
                          The OT was dark. The gifts provided some of the new Covenant until it became Complete (perfect). No gifts since the apostles. Tody's claims to the "gifts" are fraudulent.

Comment

When is "then"?

When the NT became complete.

Comment

The OT was dark. The gifts provided some of the new Covenant until it became Complete (perfect). No gifts since the apostles. Tody's claims to the "gifts" are fraudulent.
                              12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; butthenface to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

When is "then"?

Comment

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; butthenface to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

When is "then"?
                                When the NT became complete.

Comment