Is Polygamy Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    They are lucky they are not in the military.
    What should anybody care about that? We're talking about the freedoms people should have as citizens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Reread the posts I told you to. Saul didn't kill all of the Amalekites.
      You're forgetting how it works Adrift:

1. If Saul really did kill all of the Amalekites, than that means God is evil and mean.
      2. If Saul really didn't kill all of the Amalekites, than that means God is unclear.

See, no matter what, Jimmy and his pals can continue in their unbelief. This isn't about the truth, this is about them justifying their doubts no matter what the evidence says.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
        What should anybody care about that? We're talking about the freedoms people should have as citizens.
        So vote for people who agree with your views and petition the government in favor of your views.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You're forgetting how it works Adrift:

1. If Saul really did kill all of the Amalekites, than that means God is evil and mean.
          2. If Saul really didn't kill all of the Amalekites, than that means God is unclear.

See, no matter what, Jimmy and his pals can continue in their unbelief. This isn't about the truth, this is about them justifying their doubts no matter what the evidence says.
          It would boggle my mind that as a grown man he has absolutely no clue what a figure of speech/rhetorical speech is, if it weren't for the fact that he let slip that he's really just pushing an agenda (second to last sentence in post #387).

Comment

It would boggle my mind that as a grown man he has absolutely no clue what a figure of speech/rhetorical speech is, if it weren't for the fact that he let slip that he's really just pushing an agenda (second to last sentence in post #387).
            Of course he has an agenda. This isn't about the truth, this is about anything and everything to support their unbelief.
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Reread the posts I told you to. Saul didn't kill all of the Amalekites.
              Doesn't matter if Saul killed them all or not, even though he says himself that he did. The point being discussed is the command to kill, not the actual act. You say the command to kill the women, children, as well as the animals was just rhetoric. So answer the question. Why was god angered because Saul did not kill the animals if the command to do so was only wartime rhetoric? If you can't answer that, then just do the difficult thing and admit you are wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Doesn't matter if Saul killed them all or not, even though he says himself that he did. The point being discussed is the command to kill, not the actual act. You say the command to kill the women, children, as well as the animals was just rhetoric. So answer the question. Why was god angered because Saul did not kill the animals if the command to do so was only wartime rhetoric? If you can't answer that, then just do the difficult thing and admit you are wrong.
                No, this is about you coming up with excuses to support your doubts. No matter what. Stop pretending you care about truth Jimmy because we both know that you don't.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

No, this is about you coming up with excuses to support your doubts. No matter what. Stop pretending you care about truth Jimmy because we both know that you don't.
                  Just answer the question lilpix, like Adrift, if you can't answer, then look in the mirror and stop accusing me of what you see there.

Comment

So vote for people who agree with your views and petition the government in favor of your views.
                    If a "right" can be right voted away, then it was never a right.

Comment

Just answer the question lilpix, like Adrift, if you can't answer, then look in the mirror and stop accusing me of what you see there.
                      Sorry Jimmy, you were answered. The issue here isn't the truth, it is you don't care what the truth is and have an agenda to press.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

If a "right" can be right voted away, then it was never a right.
                        So you refuse to do what is required in order to get what you want passed and it will continue to remain illegal because you're unwilling to take the steps to make it legal.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So you refuse to do what is required in order to get what you want passed and it will continue to remain illegal because you're unwilling to take the steps to make it legal.
                          It's getting passed in several states.

But it doesn't matter because the retarded American public can change their fickle little minds again in the next election, so I'm not going to waste my time like that.

Comment

It's getting passed in several states.

But it doesn't matter because the retarded American public can change their fickle little minds again in the next election, so I'm not going to waste my time like that.
                            And thus it will remain forever illegal.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Professor of Theology Francesca Murphy points out in her commentary of 1 Samuel that Saul's sin wasn't necessarily in sparing animals, it was specifically sparing the best of the animals "and all that was good" which essentially turned what was supposed to be a war of remembrance for all of the atrocities the Amalekites routinely put the Israelites through, into "a human war of despoliation, a war for glory and gain".

Comment

And thus it will remain forever illegal.
                                What's your opinion on it?

Comment