This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary View Post
    What is truly sad, ignorant, and pathetic is your ancient, superstition-soaked, middle-eastern fable. Educated people living in the 21st century should realize this and abandon it.

As I mentioned above, educated fundamentalist Christians such as many on this thread have abandoned the literal interpretation of many passages in the Bible that only a hundred years ago were believed literally by almost all Christians. The most glaring example is the abandonment by even evangelical bible scholars of the literal interpretation of the (two) Creation stories in Genesis. Why? Because the cumulative scientific evidence proving that they are pure nonsense is now so overwhelming that the harmonizations Christians previously used to justify believing them are no longer tenable even to educated conservative Christians:

The Beginninghttp://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter5.html
    Typical Gary. When caught out, redirect. Drink!

Oh, and copy-paste. Drink again!
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Again, you have to accept the offer of salvation to get into heaven because we all have behaved in a jerkish manner to others and to God before! You don't end up separated from God for eternity merely for not being a Christian, but for all of the misdeeds one has preformed!
      Why would you believe the "salvation claims" of a book riddled with so many ignorant scientific errors? Why would you entrust your eternal "salvation" to a god who believes that stars hang on a domed ceiling?
      http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter5.html

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
        What interest could Paul have in pointing out yet again the facts that were taught during initial presentation of the gospel? Why would a high school math text point out that 2+2=4? The epistles weren't written for the benefit of people who were outsiders, they were written for members of the churches, already schooled in the elementary principles of Christianity.

According to Romans 1:3 Jesus was born from out of the seed of David according to the flesh. (That would be Mary - Jesus could NOT have been born from out of Joseph.)
        Romans 8:32 shows that God did not spare HIS OWN son

Ephesians 3:9 acknowledges that God created all things through Jesus Christ. An echo of the statements of John - though incomplete, and the Bible makes it plain that Jesus was present before anything had been created ... which can only be God, according to Jewish concepts.

But I believe Mikeenders actually addressed this matter in full detail a bit earlier.
        Tabby,

How can you believe it was Jesus who told you that your friend's dad was going to die when Jesus believes that Epilepsy is caused by demon possession???

Jesus' diagnostic skills regarding the health of human beings appears to be poor to pathetic. Your "sense" that your friend should visit his dad was just a lucky hunch. You cannot prove it was anything else, but I can prove that Jesus has a very bad track record of diagnosing disease in human beings. The Christian holy book is littered with medical inaccuracies:

Anthropological PseudoscienceThus, the Bible has once again demonstrated its own hilariously fallacious nature.

Source: http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter5.html
        Last edited by Gary; 09-23-2015, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Oy! OY! alleged science contradictions in the Bible

I LOVE THOSE. Count me in for debunking Gary when I have the time.

So whats he got so far?

Flat earth? Chewing the cud? measurement of PI? Ussher Redux??? Earth cannot be moved PIllar stuff?? anything original?

Will see.

Comment

These violent neurological events are the result of some physiological abnormality, such as a brain tumor, or an imbalance in electrical activity.

BZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! Wrong . Not always and any doctor worth a dime would know that.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/..._coping_skills

I've also known two people who were in fact cured by exorcism. You are full of hot air and the fact that you think the only cause of seizure behaviour are physiological abnormalities means youmare at best the quack I always thought you were and would not check for other very likely reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
              Oy! OY! alleged science contradictions in the Bible

I LOVE THOSE. Count me in for debunking Gary when I have the time.

So whats he got so far?

Flat earth? Chewing the cud? measurement of PI? Ussher Redux??? Earth cannot be moved PIllar stuff?? anything original?

Will see.
              http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter5.html

Gary: Again, anyone who believes this tall tale is an historical fact needs to have his high school diploma ripped right out of his hands.
              Last edited by Gary; 09-23-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Hey gary... shouldn't you be putting in the accreditation links in your last two posts??

As silly as they are we all know you are not capable of having thoughts of your own

Comment

• much better...good boy

Comment

BZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! Wrong . Not always and any doctor worth a dime would know that.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/..._coping_skills

I've also known two people who were in fact cured by exorcism. You are full of hot air and the fact that you think the only cause of seizure behaviour are physiological abnormalities means youmare at best the quack I always thought you were and would not check for other very likely reasons.
                    Good god! You are a superstitious, ignorant person, my friend.

Exorcisms are not real.

You are an embarrassment to educated Christians.
                    Last edited by Gary; 09-23-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Ok, Mike, why don't you tell us why an all-knowing God would fear mankind building a tower to get a peak of him?

Don't have to since the text expressly states it was what they may do next that he was concerned with

ROFL.......You never read the text do you. Your biblical illiteracy reaches EPIC proportions

Comment

Hey gary... shouldn't you be putting in the accreditation links in your last two posts??

As silly as they are we all know you are not capable of having thoughts of your own
                        I have listed the source of the excerpt each time, ds.

Comment

Good god! You are a superstitious, ignorant person, my friend.

Exorcisms are not real.
                          Tell that to a good friend of mine who had all kind of issues that after a prayer meeting just for that found them all cleared up and went on to be well balanced for the last two decades and rasie a great family.

Who cares what you think

You are incompetent on just about everything you write on. How could an alleged doctor not know that seizures are not always caused by brain damage. You are a verifiable quack

Comment

I have listed the source of the excerpt each time, ds.
                            Good confirming just like I said that you have no independent thoughts of your own.

By the way your genetic comparison of Jews piece was a hot mess that shows you don't know anything about the field or how science is done. its a comparative analysis that you clearly do not understand which I will expose as such as time allows.

Toodles.

Comment

Tell that to a good friend of mine who had all kind of issues that after a prayer meeting just for that found them all cleared up and went on to be well balanced for the last two decades and rasie a great family.

Who cares what you think

You are incompetent on just about everything you write on. How could an alleged doctor not know that seizures are not always caused by brain damage. You are a verifiable quack
                              You are talking like an ignorant, hill billy.

Go get a real education at a secular university.

I'm not going to continue debating someone who believes in the reality of exorcisms. Your extreme views in the supernatural are truly frightening.

No one wonder you people have burned people at the stake and drowned women as "witches". Your brain is filled with visions of ghosts and goblins.
                              Last edited by Gary; 09-23-2015, 04:08 PM.

Comment

You are talking like an ignorant, hill billy.

Go get a real education at a secular university.
                                WOW Two lines of original thought? Don't give yourself a brain cramp

P.S. get your blood pressure medicine handy by the weekend when your latest junk will be thoroughly debunked as I have done for all others before it.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X