Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

On "Closing Church"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    As of this evening, churches can open with up to 50% of maximum capacity - except for my county, where one commissioner saw his shadow and the lockdown will continue for another 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Federal judge rules for right of churches to gather

https://www.toddstarnes.com/coronavi...ign=social-pug
    (After closer look) actually a temporary injunction....which means, I guess, the ball is now in the governor's court?

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Federal judge rules for right of churches to gather

https://www.toddstarnes.com/coronavi...ign=social-pug

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Today was the first day we were "reopened" since about 7 weeks ago. Lots of cautionary warnings, and plenty of "WE UNDERSTAND if you are not ready", yet 39 people showed up for worship.

It was GREAT to hear people "singing back to us", but it was a little unsettling preaching to "the train robber crew". (about half of them wore masks)

Seriously, I had JUST GOTTEN USED to "preaching to a camera", and this morning threw me a little, because I had ACTUAL PEOPLE in the room.

It was great! We called it a "Soft Open" (like some stores or restaurants do a "soft open" before their "Grand Opening".

Looking forward to the time when we're ALL back together!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Just keep the receipt.
    It's a gift - I won't have a receipt.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
    From RadioShack? How long have you had that?
    About two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• mikewhitney
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What we found out was that the USB appliance we were using (turned output from the soundboard to USB input to streaming computer) was adding noise. It was a Behringer (which I was told was "good stuff") but we replaced it with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 USB interface, and the demonic hissing and noise instantly disappeared!

The $60 RadioShack solution was replaced with the $200 professional solution, problem solved!
    From RadioShack? How long have you had that?

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    It is - but...

A) supposedly it's the best of the best for what we're doing
    2) it is being gifted to us
    C) we're planning on continuing to livestream even after this whatever-it-is is over.
    Just keep the receipt.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    It is - but...

C) we're planning on continuing to livestream even after this whatever-it-is is over.
    cool.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    woah! that's expensive!
    It is - but...

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    We are waiting on our PTZOptics camera which is directly supported in vMix, and has multiple simultaneous outputs.
    woah! that's expensive!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    YES! We are now using the gaming computer, and we have a better camera on the way, but it's POSSIBLE that the guys don't have the "input" in vMix for the camera set to the proper frame rate. I'll double check that. That's the current quest - to get smoother video, especially for the guy leading the music who likes to move his arms a lot.

ETA - plus, I think one of the problems is that the camera is about 50 feet away from the stage, and has to "see through" all those hanging lights, and has a hard time focusing.
    Your music director looks like Burl Ives to me on the video stream!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    We are waiting on our PTZOptics camera which is directly supported in vMix, and has multiple simultaneous outputs.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    So can you use the PC instead of the laptop and get a faster frame rate? It was still pretty choppy looking last week. sound was good.
    YES! We are now using the gaming computer, and we have a better camera on the way, but it's POSSIBLE that the guys don't have the "input" in vMix for the camera set to the proper frame rate. I'll double check that. That's the current quest - to get smoother video, especially for the guy leading the music who likes to move his arms a lot.

ETA - plus, I think one of the problems is that the camera is about 50 feet away from the stage, and has to "see through" all those hanging lights, and has a hard time focusing.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    What we found out was that the USB appliance we were using (turned output from the soundboard to USB input to streaming computer) was adding noise. It was a Behringer (which I was told was "good stuff") but we replaced it with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 USB interface, and the demonic hissing and noise instantly disappeared!

The $60 RadioShack solution was replaced with the $200 professional solution, problem solved!
    So can you use the PC instead of the laptop and get a faster frame rate? It was still pretty choppy looking last week. sound was good.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X