Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

On "Closing Church"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Today is PENTECOST SUNDAY. As many churches (including my denomination) told our governor, we are going to come together whether he allowed it or not. We will follow the procedures he then outlined, but we will come together!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    OK, which one of you yahoos went online and sent our Church TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    So, truth be told yes it is worse than the flu and it lasts longer. We had it in our house back in February and while the kids did ok, our oldest had breathing problems and tiredness for a month. I couldn't breathe well myself without the use of a rescue inhaler for a month and a half. It's pretty nasty, so I do understand the social mandates.
    did you get tested or just think it was COVID?

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    We've had several people in our congregation test positive and some are seriously ill. Therefore, we are going back to online services only for at least 2 weeks. I spoke with one of them today and he said, it was MUCH worse than the flu and last's longer.
    So, truth be told yes it is worse than the flu and it lasts longer. We had it in our house back in February and while the kids did ok, our oldest had breathing problems and tiredness for a month. I couldn't breathe well myself without the use of a rescue inhaler for a month and a half. It's pretty nasty, so I do understand the social mandates.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    We've had several people in our congregation test positive and some are seriously ill. Therefore, we are going back to online services only for at least 2 weeks. I spoke with one of them today and he said, it was MUCH worse than the flu and last's longer.

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Our district has given us the go ahead to open back up AFTER we receive state guidelines. So it'll be another week for us.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I thought it looked exactly the same as before. The frame rate is still really low too.
    Agreed... pretty busy right now, but maybe I'll send you a link to the test, to see if you notice a much higher video quality.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's strange - in a test I did, it was MUCH sharper, but when I saw the actual service Sunday afternoon, some of it was just "fuzzy". I don't know if the sound guys 'installed' it in vMix differently than I did for the test, but it was CRYSTAL clear when I did my test.
    I thought it looked exactly the same as before. The frame rate is still really low too.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    CP, Did you ever get your new fancy camera? Last Sunday's sermon looked the same.
    It's strange - in a test I did, it was MUCH sharper, but when I saw the actual service Sunday afternoon, some of it was just "fuzzy". I don't know if the sound guys 'installed' it in vMix differently than I did for the test, but it was CRYSTAL clear when I did my test.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    CP, Did you ever get your new fancy camera? Last Sunday's sermon looked the same.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Yeah, the limiting factor for us will be social distancing, too. We're working on figuring out how many we can accommodate. My days are mostly taken up by babysitting a toddler (and a 21-year old and 27-year old) . Since I'm "essential personnel" at church, I'm one of 5 who has been attending; my remaining free time mostly goes to putting together the church bulletin for distribution.
    If I recall, you have a heart problem and you are in a high risk category. Be safe!

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    There was a lot of confusion initially over churches in my area reopening, because businesses could only open with 25% capacity. Our governor cleared that up pretty quickly that the limiting factor would be the church's ability to maintain social distancing - not a percent.

Really good to see you, OBP.
    Yeah, the limiting factor for us will be social distancing, too. We're working on figuring out how many we can accommodate. My days are mostly taken up by babysitting a toddler (and a 21-year old and 27-year old) . Since I'm "essential personnel" at church, I'm one of 5 who has been attending; my remaining free time mostly goes to putting together the church bulletin for distribution.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    As of this evening, churches can open with up to 50% of maximum capacity - except for my county, where one commissioner saw his shadow and the lockdown will continue for another 2 weeks.
    There was a lot of confusion initially over churches in my area reopening, because businesses could only open with 25% capacity. Our governor cleared that up pretty quickly that the limiting factor would be the church's ability to maintain social distancing - not a percent.

Really good to see you, OBP.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X