Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Three words nobody ever wants to hear (or say)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody who sees her -- doctors, nurses, PAs -- says she's doing great, and not a single "but" or "hmmm".....

Probably going home at 11 our time -- in about 2 hours. Jake will be thrilled!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• He doesn't jump on people, right?
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Praise Jesus! Still praying Creacher.
        I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          He doesn't jump on people, right?
          Only when it's time to go for a walk -- otherwise, very well behaved. I'll have to help him understand that I'm the "walker" for the next couple weeks.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Such great news, brother! Gonna keep on praying, though.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• praise the lord. and still

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Only when it's time to go for a walk -- otherwise, very well behaved. I'll have to help him understand that I'm the "walker" for the next couple weeks.
                Most of the dogs I've had seem to possess a sixth sense about these things and just know when part of their "pack" is ill and shouldn't be jumped on.

And of course, still ing for the both of you

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Most of the dogs I've had seem to possess a sixth sense about these things and just know when part of their "pack" is ill and shouldn't be jumped on.

And cats will just curl up on your face and purr, "Go into the light. Go into the light..."

Comment

I had actually expected that, and, sure enough, he was gentle.

We are home.

And there's no place like home.

Comment

• "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

MY mother-in-law, who is diabetic, has a little dog (just about a year old) and she senses when my mother-in-law is starting to hit a sugar low and harasses her until she checks her blood and sorts it out.
                        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                          MY mother-in-law, who is diabetic, has a little dog (just about a year old) and she senses when my mother-in-law is starting to hit a sugar low and harasses her until she checks her blood and sorts it out.
                          cool. That's kind of like my dog. Except he senses when his blood sugar is low and harrasses me until I feed him. Which seems to be all the time.

Comment

• LOL. When I had my surgery, my 16 lb cat figured out that he was not to walk on my tummy area. And only once did he block my legs for attention and that was on HIS first day back from the pet boarding place.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                              There are dogs trained for that. One signal for high sugar levels, another for low. The dog can sense it before a blood sugar monitor can detect it, even one of the meters that stays connected. Pretty neat.
                              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

• Mrs CP continues to improve -- she is blessedly experiencing only moderate to mild pain, not requiring heavy meds. Whenever a doctor has told us "you can expect (worst case scenario) to (best case scenario), we have experienced the very best case scenario. We have a followup on Wednesday (April 2?) at which we should learn the results of the "in surgery biopsy".

It APPEARS, so far, that she will not need (and so far has not needed) radiation or chemo.

Her attitude through all of this has been EXCELLENT, and I believe that's more than 90% of the battle.

Her doctors and medical staff have been tremendous, and I can't say enough good about MD Anderson Hospital (even though it's part of the University of Texas* system). For those who may not be aware, there's quite a rivalry between Texas A&M (whoop!) and University of Texas. When the medical staff finds out my wife is a Texas A&M employee, they just smile and say something like, "well, we'll just have to show you how kind and loving we can be!"

*wife is an Aggie!

Comment