Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

T.B. Joshua/Emmanuel TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    . . . "Lucifer" himself has nothing better to do than to possess a random African woman...
    . . . and target Reinhard Bonkee.

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldo View Post
      . . . and target Reinhard Bonkee.
      It's not Bonkee. It's Bonnke. And he's just as bad, falsely "prophesying" a global revival starting in the UK in the 90's. To date, every year, church attendance in the UK has fallen. False prophecy = false prophet.

Next...
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It's not Bonkee. It's Bonnke. And he's just as bad, falsely "prophesying" a global revival starting in the UK in the 90's. To date, every year, church attendance in the UK has fallen. False prophecy = false prophet.

Next...
        That's according to a wikipedia article about Bonnkee.

Do you have any other examples of any so-called false prophecies by Bonnke?

Comment

That's according to a wikipedia article about Bonnkee.
          One E! And Wiki records it too, yes.

Do you have any other examples of any so-called false prophecies by Bonnke?
          One is all that is necessary. But just for your instruction:

It doesn't matter if they get healed or not, what matters is that the Lord wants the blind to be prayed for now." (It is His business anyway if they get healed, we obviously have nothing to do with that anyway.) The Word is sure, "the Word of God" Jesus spoke to him "is as powerful in My mouth as it is in your mouth." Reinhard said to himself, "that sounds like heresy." The Lord repeated Himself, "My Word in My mouth is as powerful as My word in your mouth!"
          - At Brownsville AOG in 1999
          http://www.blessedquietness.com/jour...e/matraya3.htm
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

One E! And Wiki records it too, yes.
            Did I spell Rienhard right?

One is all that is necessary. But just for your instruction:

It doesn't matter if they get healed or not, what matters is that the Lord wants the blind to be prayed for now." (It is His business anyway if they get healed, we obviously have nothing to do with that anyway.) The Word is sure, "the Word of God" Jesus spoke to him "is as powerful in My mouth as it is in your mouth." Reinhard said to himself, "that sounds like heresy." The Lord repeated Himself, "My Word in My mouth is as powerful as My word in your mouth!"
            - At Brownsville AOG in 1999
            http://www.blessedquietness.com/jour...e/matraya3.htm
            Then I suppose this video of someone allegedly rising from the dead isn't true.

Comment

Did I spell Rienhard right?
              No. "Reinhard"

Then I suppose this video of someone allegedly rising from the dead isn't true.

***Edited***

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/bonnke2.html
              It was a fraudulent scheme.
              Last edited by Bill the Cat; 12-07-2015, 07:27 AM.
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Not one of these "healings" took place where there was any chance of an objective test.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Not one of these "healings" took place where there was any chance of an objective test.
                  Neither did any of the healings in the NT take place where there was an objective test. Do you believe those took place?

Comment

. . . It was a fraudulent scheme. . .
                    Like the allegation the disciple's stole Jesus's body? (Matthew 28:13)

The person who wrote the article linked below interviewed all of the parties involved and concluded it wasn't a fraudulent scheme.
                    http://www.bereanpublishers.com/conc...iel-ekechukwu/

Comment

Neither did any of the healings in the NT take place where there was an objective test. Do you believe those took place?
                      Jesus was not taking donations to do dubious healing.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Jesus was not taking donations to do dubious healing.
                        So you believe Jesus did healings in the NT. Why won't He do so today?

Comment

So you believe Jesus did healings in the NT. Why won't He do so today?
                          He does. As answered prayer when according to God's will. It is just not being done by prophecy today.
                          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Like the allegation the disciple's stole Jesus's body? (Matthew 28:13)

The person who wrote the article linked below interviewed all of the parties involved and concluded it wasn't a fraudulent scheme.
                            http://www.bereanpublishers.com/conc...iel-ekechukwu/
                            He is a false teacher in his own right. Explain in your own words his teaching on how to be born again. You can include quotes from him to support your presentation.
                            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                              He is a false teacher in his own right.
                              David Servant is someone who interviewed all persons shown in the video. I don't think anyone is dispupting that, even "Deceptions in the Church." His eyewitness accounts were used by "Deceptions in the Church" to allegedly discredit the events depicted in the video. David Servant counters all such arguments in the link below.

http://www.heavensfamily.org/ss/answ...niel-ekechukwu

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                              Explain in your own words his teaching on how to be born again. You can include quotes from him to support your presentation.
                              I don't know his teaching, perhaps you could enlighten us?

Comment

David Servant is someone who interviewed all persons shown in the video. I don't think anyone is dispupting that, even "Deceptions in the Church." His eyewitness accounts were used by "Deceptions in the Church" to allegedly discredit the events depicted in the video. David Servant counters all such arguments in the link below.

http://www.heavensfamily.org/ss/answ...niel-ekechukwu
                                David Servant is a worshipper of mammon. And all he did here was reiterate the claims made by the members of the church Bonnke was preaching at.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X