Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

ISIS destroys the "Tomb of Jonah"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also might I add that he attempts to assassinate Horowitz's character calling him uncritical, unbalanced etc rather than address what he is actually saying which is an ad hominem.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      More like cackle fiendishly.
      And Corporal Kool-Aid thinks I'm an old meanie. This thread has been nothing but win.

And I thought that you would appreciate it
      Almost as much as watching the horny doofus rally to his rescue.

Make a substantial bribe of crispy bacon (and substantial for me not you) and I'll consider it.

Try to pass of turkey bacon or even worse that abomination called tofu and I will follow you around explaining in detail every sly reference that you think you might slip by.
      You're a reprobate recidivist, and I have no illusions that there's a bribe sufficient to make you change your ways.

Just leave this one unsullied, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

You're a reprobate recidivist, and I have no illusions that there's a bribe sufficient to make you change your ways.

Just leave this one unsullied, okay?
        As Go Go Yubari so aptly put it: "You can beg better than that!"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As Go Go Yubari so aptly put it: "You can beg better than that!"
          Right-o. Nice bacon stash you have there. It'd be a real shame if somebody told Thirsty where to find it.

Comment

Right-o. Nice bacon stash you have there. It'd be a real shame if somebody told Thirsty where to find it.
            Go for it. He'll just steal borrow your motorcycle to get here and drive it into the lake again

Notice to TG5410: As you can see, the best way to treat lao is to never take him seriously even when he tries oh so hard to be serious.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Notice to TG5410: As you can see, the best way to treat lao is to never take him seriously even when he tries oh so hard to be serious.
              The colored name tags would never have given it away, Captain.

Comment

Go for it. He'll just steal borrow your motorcycle to get here and drive it into the lake again

... or you can just click add to ignore list. Out of sight, out of mind.

Comment

The colored name tags would never have given it away, Captain.
                  Care to hazard a guess who has been teaching Thirsty how to hotwire a motorcycle or open a padlock (like the one you have on the garage door) with a beer can*?

* And yes, I really can open every sort of padlock I've ever tried with a beer can. Never mess with a rogue.

Comment

Care to hazard a guess who has been teaching Thirsty how to hotwire a motorcycle or open a padlock (like the one you have on the garage door) with a beer can*?

* And yes, I really can open every sort of padlock I've ever tried with a beer can. Never mess with a rogue.
                    Or you can buy shims 20 for $25.

Comment

Those padlocks with the 4 digit dials are a bit trickier... it would take a bit more finesse to cut that tool or just use a hook.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Yes. I was reaching for an example which IMO TG would be familiar with - which indeed is a low bar. I was hoping it would cause him to re-evaluate toasti's counter-argument.
                        I reevaluated his counter-argument per your wishes. Did I cover everything or was there a vital resource I missed?

Comment

Additionally I want to stick with my original thesis that he is a troll. I saw his comment that he felt he was winning... most likely by getting a rise out of me... unless he really is that thick that tantrums and name calling is a valid argument in which case he is every bit as dumb as your run of the mill internet fundie atheist.

Comment

I was going to let this go. But since you asked. . . .
                            Originally posted by That Geek 5410 View Post
                            I asked him/her why she couldn't denounce Hamas and he/she responded "All I know is what she wrote at the link" and then accused me of not reading the linked material at all.

He/she keeps bringing up this Godwin concept as if it automatically disqualifies the content of the issue at hand. He equates the situation to the Nazi party since Hamas and similar terrorist groups call for the death of Jews and this sentiment is certainly echoed in several Muslim student clubs through various incidents as outlined here for instance: http://www.commdiginews.com/politics...-israel-26662/

If a student organization supports the belief that Jews should be hunted down and killed then I fail to see how this is dissimilar to the Third Reich's agenda regarding anti-Semitism. There is a distinct parallel here so this Godwin crutch he keeps leaning on does little to address the substance of his argument but rather cherry picks one specific item while ignoring the rest. This is a red herring and this is not usenet.
                            You're not paying much attention to the link you provided. The worst statement, and the only one potentially comparable to the Third Reich, was made by an individual (not an organization) who quite likely was not fast enough on her feet to fence verbally with Mr. Horowitz (and who retracted her statement after consideration). Further, Mr. Siegel is clearly not interested in bothering to check to see if the allegations about Mr. Horowitz are accurate or not, and proffers getting bumped with a shopping cart alongside death threats. Serious journalism it is not.
                            Following that I broke down the student's attempt at backpedaling and addressed several issues I had with it. The first response is to accuse me of wanting to have a relationship with her... very childish.
                            You did so after lao tzu averred he was not her apologist, so responding point by point to her while responding to him doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
                            Followed by accusing me of guilt by association when the political science of it clearly points in a different direction.
                            You were clearly accusing the MSA (and others) of guilt by association. He was not accusing you of guilt by association. You're at least being sloppy with your choice of words here.
                            He dismissed my list of terrorist organizations as not being a list of genocidal organizations rather than look at the organizations actions and what they advocate. My statistics from the ISA was dismissed using the same childish tactic of what I can discuss with my alleged crush. The remainder of my analysis of her statement pretty much bounced back and forth between those two.
                            Terrorism =/= genocide. You're being sloppy again. He'll pick sloppiness apart all day.
                            When I rebutted his guilt by association comment he simply said I was wrong and didn't have a clue then went on to promote his so-called fan thread.
                            You didn't rebut anything. You merely reiterated your assertion.
                            The only counter-argument he has offered was he only knows what is in the link and he doesn't like a comparison he made so therefore his entire argument is invalid.... in other words he has no counter-argument aside from how Israel wrongs Palestinians which two wrongs doesn't make a right.
                            That's a simplistic way of looking at your conversation.
                            If he wants to indeed be more intelligent than your run of the mill fundie atheist then he should probably use some better tactics than them.

Is that it or did I miss some critical piece of information from an outside source that he might have posted that actually granted some sort of substance to his vitriolic and childish tantrum?
                            Childish tantrum? IMO if he'd seen some substance he'd have replied in kind. As it is, he managed to get on your ignore list in no time flat. Is that typical?
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by That Geek 5410 View Post
                              Or you can buy shims 20 for $25.
                              More fun to make them. Just pick the sturdier cans. They work better. And Thirsty always has beer cans around. $25... not so much.

Comment

You're not paying much attention to the link you provided. The worst statement, and the only one potentially comparable to the Third Reich, was made by an individual (not an organization)
                                Who represents an organization at least on the campus level.

who quite likely was not fast enough on her feet to fence verbally with Mr. Horowitz (and who retracted her statement after consideration).
                                It seems as if she had taken time to consider her answer to me, I know bull when I smell it.

Further, Mr. Siegel is clearly not interested in bothering to check to see if the allegations about Mr. Horowitz are accurate or not
                                Which accusations regarding Mr. Horrowitz was he presented with exactly?

and proffers getting bumped with a shopping cart alongside death threats.
                                It was not merely meant to demonstrate hostility on a mortal level but hostility from an organization towards a group of people much like the act of interrupting Jewish student's meetings was... unless you want to assert that the writer meant to communicate that those interruptions were also perceived to be equal to death threats.

You did so after lao tzu averred he was not her apologist, so responding point by point to her while responding to him doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
                                After being accused time and again that I am uncritical and didn't even bother to read the linked article and regardless of how many times I stated I did he continued to make the same assertion... yeah I don't know what I was thinking.

You were clearly accusing the MSA (and others) of guilt by association. He was not accusing you of guilt by association. You're at least being sloppy with your choice of words here.
                                I guess DHS and other such entities better change their way of thinking when it comes to organizations that are closely associated to known terrorist organizations or such entities that fund them. MSA is linked to Muslim Brotherhood, Muslim Brotherhood provides support to known terrorist organizations. MSA, specifically through their JIP initiative, has shown excessive hostility toward Jews in general which is not too distant to the same viewpoints espoused by organizations such as Hamas, Hezbollah, etc. Nope, no correlation here.

Terrorism =/= genocide. You're being sloppy again. He'll pick sloppiness apart all day.
                                You're right, it doesn't. Unless said organization espouses genocide.

You didn't rebut anything. You merely reiterated your assertion.
                                If you ignore the evidence

That's a simplistic way of looking at your conversation.
                                It is what it is.

Childish tantrum? IMO if he'd seen some substance he'd have replied in kind. As it is, he managed to get on your ignore list in no time flat. Is that typical?
                                Let's see, use of logical fallacies, and using different types of accusations to try to make me angry (i.e. hurt my feelings) by using words that have no basis in reality while pretty consistently name calling. "I hate you mom... you're a poo poo head" yeah it's pretty much a tantrum. Maybe I would have got what he was really trying to communicate if he used his grown up words.
                                Last edited by That Geek 5410; 10-09-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X