Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Ramadan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siam View Post
    ... have a spiritual kick
    What the heck is that?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I absolutely deny it.

Perhaps I can get through to you another way............(If not, I will give up )

If I were to make this statement....would you agree to it....?....

America ALONE among today's modern nations has murder and terrorism as an acceptable "tool" of "evangelism".
      (the ideology they would be "evangelizing" would be Manifest Destiny and American exceptionalism)
      Examples of terrorism and murder-------
      Drone terrorism---where innocent men women and children are murdered---used in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Iraq, Somalia and perhaps in the Philippines.
      Extraordinary renditions---Foreign civilians are kidnapped off the streets and tortured at "Black Sites", CIA run prisons
      Covert ops, black ops, CIA operations----were Armed Americans interfere (including assassinations) in foreign territories/nations to destabilize and exploit. example, South America.
      Wars of Aggression---were Americans attack another country on false pretenses. examples....Iraq, Afghanistan.
      ...and so forth.......

When we are deluded we can make statements based on false premises. Such statements would be false, untruthful, wrong, incorrect.....need I go on....?.....
      You know, Siam, I've yet to see you say anything positive in this thread about the Jews in Israel, or attempt to sympathize with the attrocities committed against them by the terrorists in Gaza and the West Bank.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

When we are deluded we can make statements based on false premises.
        I agree you are deluded.

Such statements would be false, untruthful, wrong, incorrect.....need I go on....?.....
        Feel free -- you have the credibility of Baghdad Bob -- he was a lot of fun.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The Golden Rule to Becoming Better People Through Religious Practices

By Ameena Jandali and Dr. Henry Millstein

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/altmusl...ous-practices/

Comment

The Golden Rule to Becoming Better People Through Religious Practices.
            Thou shalt not strap on a suicide vest and murder a bunch of innocent people.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Or tell Christians in Iraq that they must convert, pay a high tax, or die by the sword...
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

http://www.chicagonow.com/midwestern...ogger-go-free/

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Or tell Christians in Iraq that they must convert, pay a high tax, or die by the sword...
                  A wacky group calling itself ISIS is apparently making these statements in Iraq---for more info look here:- http://www.juancole.com/2014/07/chri...inorities.html

The Christians who have moved out are being given refuge by other Iraqi's and people in the region.

Human beings are good and bad and here are examples of good---

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...m_hp_ref=islam

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5587742.html

Comment

Ramadan is a special time, but there is only so much spirituality one can stomach (especially on an empty stomach) so, here is a bit of humor.

How Ramadan Helped Make Me A Soccer Fan

By Hesham Hassaballa, July 8, 2014 at 11:57 am
                    http://www.chicagonow.com/midwestern...-a-soccer-fan/

In the Name of God: the Infinitely Merciful and Compassionate Beloved Lord

Growing up, I never really liked soccer. I had played it at the age of nine for one year and hated the experience (probably because I was so bad at it). So, when the World Cup started, I had an aloof interest but was never really into the tournament. That is, until Ramadan started.

Ramadan, the ninth Islamic month during which Muslims (including this one) forgo food and drink from dawn until sunset, started on June 28. That happened to be the very same day the "knockout round" of the World Cup began. So, to help pass the time - and there's a lot of it to pass - I started watching each game. And I really liked what I saw.

I didn't realize how great international soccer can be, even though the scores are much lower than that to which we Americans are accustomed. There is a lot of amazing athletic ability, intrigue, strategy, and sheer excitement. Of course, I was rooting for the USA and was very saddened when they lost to Belgium. But, even after our guys went home, I continued to watch the other matches, and it was a truly enjoyable experience.

Indeed, I should have been reading scripture and been engaged in deep spiritual reflection since this is, after all, Ramadan. But, the World Cup only comes around once every four years, and the games this year have been, quite honestly, too good to pass up. I now truly can't wait to see the Brazil-Germany game later this afternoon, and I'm looking forward to watching the Netherlands take on Argentina.

I'm beginning to learn various players' names; I've asked friends and family about the various rules of international soccer and the different leagues around the world. I am beginning to look forward to watching the games in the Premier League and other leagues across Europe. I even watched a Chicago Fire game the other day on TV (although, I must admit, it wasn't as exciting). Moreover, I really like the fact that I can watch an entire half commercial free, and this makes the game all the more enjoyable. In fact, I wish more American sports games on TV had the same set up.

All this because the World Cup happened to be during Ramadan in Summer, when I can't eat for a very, very, very long time. Again, ideally, I should have spent all those hours - watching the amazing goals and penalty kicks, blocks and extra time - reading scripture and praying to God. That's what Ramadan is truly all about: self-reflection and spiritual renewal. But, I couldn't help myself. The games were truly awesome. I pray the Lord forgives me for all those hours spent watching soccer when I should have been worshiping.

But I hope and pray it will ultimately be a good thing, especially if it gets me more excited about playing soccer with my kids, two of whom are slated to play this fall. What's more, perhaps the next time someone walks up to me - as I am wearing my Arsenals jersey - and says, "Tough season for the Gunners, man!" I will have some inkling as to what in God's Most Holy Name he is talking about.

Comment

So, you agree that these Islamist Terrorists are in violation of the principles of Islam (or the publicly proclaimed principles, at least) yet mainline Islam does almost nothing to denounce and oppose them.

What a crazy religion.

Comment

The Christians who have moved out are being given refuge by other Iraqi's and people in the region.
                        Do you have any support for this statement?

Comment

Yeah, maybe in Candyland. In real life, it's more like this:

Source: Breitbart

When U.S. troops invaded Iraq in 2003, there were at least 1.5 million Christians in Iraq. Over the last ten years, significantly in the last few months with the emergence of ISIS, that figure has dropped to about 400,000.

In a region where Christians predate Muslims by centuries, over one million Christians have been killed or have had to flee because of jihadi persecution, while America is basically standing by and watching. This is the sad news that Breitbart’s National Security Editor and one of the world’s leading experts on asymmetric warfare, Dr. Sebastian Gorka, brought to Breitbart News Saturday, hosted by Editor in Chief Alex Marlow on Sirius XM Patriot Radio.

Dr. Gorka explained that “in the last 48 hours, ISIS, which is now called the Islamic State in Mosul, has painted the letter “N” for Nazarene on the houses of all the surviving Christians in the city. ISIS has basically given an ultimatum to all the Christians left: You can either flee or convert to Islam, or we will kill you.”

Gorka points out that, over the last 20 years, America has stood up around the world to save Muslims. “Whether it was to save the Muslims in Bosnia or the Albanians, Kosovars, and Muslims in Serbia, it is now time for a humanitarian operation to save the remaining Christians in Iraq,” he said. “It is time for the American people and our representatives to do something for our co-religionists remaining in the Middle East.”

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Do you have any support for this statement?
                            Examples of unity with Christians.....

1)http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/21/wo...lee-mosul.htmlhttp://www.juancole.com/2014/07/chri...inorities.html

Comment

Examples of unity with Christians.....
                              This does nothing to change the fact that, in the name of your God, millions of Christians are being persecuted and killed all over the world, and there are no Christian Churches allowed to stand in Muslim territory.

Pretend all you want, your religion is rife with rape, murder, persecution, brutality and hate. Not to mention how your people treat women and young girls.

Comment

Source: shoebat.com

SHOEBAT EXCLUSIVE

© Copyright Original Source

christian church.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X