Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Catholic Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    I will let him know--I'm sure he will try to do better! ;)
    You have a direct line to the pope? I am not worthy!
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
      Actually, wait a second. Which Pope John XXII are you talking about?
      Er, the one which was so poor an example that there wasn't a John XXIII for several hundred years. It's possible I got the number wrong. IIRC it was during the time of the "Babylonian Captivity" when there were two or three popes at the same time.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Er, the one which was so poor an example that there wasn't a John XXIII for several hundred years. It's possible I got the number wrong. IIRC it was during the time of the "Babylonian Captivity" when there were two or three popes at the same time.
        Oh......the Anti-Pope John XXII. Sorry, I thought you were talking about the one that lived in the 20th century.
        Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Oh......the Anti-Pope John XXII. Sorry, I thought you were talking about the one that lived in the 20th century.
          No problem.
          sigpic

Comment

• What happens when a pope comes into contact with an anti-pope?

Do they just annihilate each other, as in cancel each other out, or is there a big explosion?

When Nicholas V confessed his sins to John XXIII, he forgave him, but still kept him in a rather plush prison until his death.
            אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

What happens when a pope comes into contact with an anti-pope?

Do they just annihilate each other, as in cancel each other out, or is there a big explosion?

When Nicholas V confessed his sins to John XXIII, he forgave him, but still kept him in a rather plush prison until his death.
              He gained his papacy through illigitimate means. That's what makes him an anti-pope.
              Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

I will let him know--I'm sure he will try to do better! ;)
                My only complaint is that his words are easy to twist around by the mainstream news outlets to support their irreligious agendas. Don't worry though. As soon as they figure out that Pope Francis is, indeed, Catholic, they'll vilify him, just like they did all the rest.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

He gained his papacy through illigitimate means. That's what makes him an anti-pope.
                  It was a joke.

Comment

• More like an anti-joke.

Comment

You're an anti-joke.
                      sigpic

Comment

Actually, more like antipasto. Never eat antipasto and pasta at the same time or your stomach will explode.

Comment

Actually, more like Taco Bell. Never eat Taco Bell or your stomach will explode.
                          Fixed that for you.

Comment

• Fixed that for you.
                            While what you write is indeed true, I fail to see how it illuminates the question of theoretical physics that is currently under investigation here.

Comment

• It's anti-beef.

Comment

• It's anti-beef.
                                You could say that about anything, but that does not make it true, whereas experimental science has already demonstrated the existence and properties of anti-matter, anti-popes, and anti-pesto.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X