Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Derail from "Slaughter in Paris."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Who were these Christian followers of Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot?
    The subject here is Europe not Asia related to the problems of the relationship, between Jews, Christians Muslims.

I did say that there weren't pogroms but you claimed that millions and millions of Jews were killed over the millennia. Even your own link only references thousands. Again Shuny you are making stuff up.
    The pogroms over the Millennia include 20th century pogroms against Jews including the Holocaust.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-18-2015, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      The subject here is Europe not Asia related to the problems of the relationship, between Jews, Christians Muslims.
      Why should this discussion be limited to Europe?
      אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Bunk, my point was about atheistic governments, and the 60-100 million that they killed. Which includes China, Cuba, Cambodia, the Soviet Union, etc, etc...

The pogroms over the Millennia include 20th century pogroms against Jews including the Holocaust.
        Ok, so you admit that there were not millions and millions of Jew killed before the Holocaust. And even given the Holocaust we don't get near the numbers killed by atheistic governments.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          Why should this discussion be limited to Europe?
          . . .because the thread concerns Europe. If you want broaden the topic start a thread. Nonetheless Christians are knee deep in blood in pogroms against Jews and Muslims, even in recent history. Example the ethnic cleansing of Muslims in what was Yugoslavia.

The religious conflicts we see in Europe and the Middle East have a history. To understand what is happening now, you have to include the history between the relationship between Jews, Christians and Muslims.

Comment

Ok, so you admit that there were not millions and millions of Jew killed before the Holocaust. And even given the Holocaust we don't get near the numbers killed by atheistic governments.
            I include the Holocaust in ALL of Europe in the involvement of the Christians in the responsibility for pogroms against the Jews.

Comment

Does including atheistic regimes make much of a difference? People are really prone to killing other people due to their religious beliefs or their beliefs about religion.
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                Does including atheistic regimes make much of a difference? People are really prone to killing other people due to their religious beliefs or their beliefs about religion.
                That was my whole point, Tass first attacked people of faith, that is why I responded with the atheist thing, then Shuny jumped on the ban wagon, as usual, and I said to him:

They are not selectively doing anything. The point is people kill for all kinds of reasons, political, ideological, religious, for greed, for the State, etc... That is the nature of man. I'm really tired of your SELECTIVE attacks on Christianity.
                So we agree...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

That was my whole point, Tass first attacked people of faith, that is why I responded with the atheist thing, then Shuny jumped on the ban wagon, as usual, and I said to him:

So we agree...

You started the thread with an attack on people of faith.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

You started the thread with an attack on people of faith.
                    True

Comment

. . .because the thread concerns Europe. If you want broaden the topic start a thread. Nonetheless Christians are knee deep in blood in pogroms against Jews and Muslims, even in recent history. Example the ethnic cleansing of Muslims in what was Yugoslavia.

The religious conflicts we see in Europe and the Middle East have a history. To understand what is happening now, you have to include the history between the relationship between Jews, Christians and Muslims.
                      The thread is not exclusively about Europe. The initial thread was about Islam, and this this thread was broken off as a derail by Tass and seer about religion as a cause of violence in history and seer's counter with violence committed by atheistic regimes. There's no reason to limit this discussion to European religions or atheistic regimes of Europe.

Comment

The thread is not exclusively about Europe. The initial thread was about Islam, and this this thread was broken off as a derail by Tass and seer about religion as a cause of violence in history and seer's counter with violence committed by atheistic regimes. There's no reason to limit this discussion to European religions or atheistic regimes of Europe.
                        The subject of Islam in the context of the subject involves Europe and the Middle East in history. The subject gets rather smeared if you go beyond this. I could add the Christian ethnic cleansing and forced conversion of Native Americans. this subject could really go big!!!

If you wish to go the whole nine yards be my guest!!

Comment

The subject of Islam in the context of the subject involves Europe and the Middle East in history. The subject gets rather smeared if you go beyond this. I could add the Christian ethnic cleansing and forced conversion of Native Americans. this subject could really go big!!!

If you wish to go the whole nine yards be my guest!!
                          Is this supposed to be a reason why Tass & seer's discussion must be limited to European history???

Comment

If we're going to be perfectly honest, there's a lot more to past actions by a lot of countries that give fuel to terrorism as much or more than religious belief itself can account for. Most of the countries in the Middle East have been at the bottom of the septic tank for so long they forget what daylight looks like.
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Is this supposed to be a reason why Tass & seer's discussion must be limited to European history???
                              The topic of the thread is the reason, but as I said, 'go for all nine yards.' Blood and gore every where on the hands and feet of all since humans were first human.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-18-2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

If we're going to be perfectly honest, there's a lot more to past actions by a lot of countries that give fuel to terrorism as much or more than religious belief itself can account for. Most of the countries in the Middle East have been at the bottom of the septic tank for so long they forget what daylight looks like.
                                I disagree, the history of the war of the kingdoms of Europe up until the twentieth century, were to a large extent who was going to inherit the Divine right to rule including the British empire well into the twentieth century. The wars of religious beliefs in the Middle East between Islam, Christianity and Judaism have been at war for almost 2000 years or more and they are at war now, and in the religious roots of the Pakistan/India conflicts. The conflicts in Africa have a violent history rooted in colonialism and religion

Comment