Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

New member question about philosophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Why would you be watching Riverdance?
    I wouldn't which was my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by element771 View Post
      I wouldn't which was my point.
      Don't try to clean it up! And what is it with you and nuns?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        It remains possible that our physical existence is eternal and the causation of the 'uncaused self-existent existence' are eternal Natural Laws.
        No, because uncaused Existence is only one thing. Natural Laws are many and contingent on existing.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

It also remains possible that I could get hit by a bus full of nuns while sitting in my living room watching Riverdance.
          That is possible, and I used to teach the Irish dance that is performed by River dance if you want lessons. I am sure Irish nuns know the dance well and make good company once they get off the bus.

It remains possible that our physical existence is eternal and the causation of the 'uncaused self-existent existence' are eternal Natural Laws.

Are you saying in your ex-spurt opinion that this is not possible.
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-31-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Are you saying in your ex-spurt opinion that this is not possible.
            Of course it is possible just like it is possible to be struck by lightning after being hit by the bus full of nuns while sitting in my living room.

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
              No, because uncaused Existence is only one thing. Natural Laws are many and contingent on existing.
              There is absolutely no objective verifiable evidence that Natural Laws are contingent on anything. This is merely an assertion on your part based on a religious agenda.

If you have such evidence please present it.
              Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-31-2018, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Of course it is possible just like it is possible to be struck by lightning after being hit by the bus full of nuns while sitting in my living room.
                Than you acknowledge that it is possibly despite your hyperbole comparison. Can you provide any objective verifiable evidence that it is not possible?

Comment

Then you acknowledge that it is possible despite your hyperbole comparison. Can you provide any objective verifiable evidence that it is not possible?
                  Fixed your sloppy writing.

I said it is possible... just like it is possible for me to be struck by lightning after getting hit by a bus full of nuns while watching Riverdance in my living room.

Comment

Fixed your sloppy writing.

I said it is possible... just like it is possible for me to be struck by lightning after getting hit by a bus full of nuns while watching Riverdance in my living room.
                    I said, Then you acknowledge that it is possible despite your hyperbole comparison. Can you provide any objective verifiable evidence that it is not possible?

This line of reasoning indicates you share the religious agenda of seer and 37818.

Comment

I said, Then you acknowledge that it is possible despite your hyperbole comparison. Can you provide any objective verifiable evidence that it is not possible?

This line of reasoning indicates you share the religious agenda of seer and 37818.
                      Do you lack the self awareness that you are guilty of doing what you accuse others of?

Comment

Do you lack the self awareness that you are guilty of doing what you accuse others of?
                        Not a meaningful response. I simply acknowledge possibilities beyond my own knowledge. Apparently Seer, 37818, and you do not. based on a religious agenda.

The possibilities of our physical existence being infinite or eternal, or even finite and temporal are possibilities without bias nor agenda.

I do believe that God and our Created physical existence is eternal by faith, but that is a belief, and I acknowledge by the evidence it remains an unanswered question without the hyperbole and sarcasm of your objections.
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-01-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Not a meaningful response. I simply acknowledge possibilities beyond my own knowledge. Apparently Seer, 37818, and you do not. based on a religious agenda.
                          Didn't I say that it was possible?

Please stop putting words in my mouth.

Also, is English your second language? Typos are one thing but your posts are written like your brain just threw up on the page (stream of consciousness / word salad).

Comment

Not me! You manage to put a lot more words in your mouth than necessary. You simply had to agree that it is possible, and this meaningless dialogue would not dribble on and on, but you have insisted on meaningless over the top hyperbole trying desperately to demonstrate how unlikely this is the case. The bottom line is that it remains simply an open question and a possibility that our physical existence and the Natural Laws are eternal.

Also, is English your second language? Typos are one thing but your posts are written like your brain just threw up on the page (stream of consciousness / word salad).
                            Typos are not the issue of the thread.

Your pulling the fallacy of the English Gestapo Grammarian and side stepping the issue.

Comment

Element, why do you encourage his insanity by responding?
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Not me! You manage to put a lot more words in your mouth than necessary. You simply had to agree that it is possible, and this meaningless dialogue would not dribble on and on, but you have insisted on meaningless over the top hyperbole trying desperately to demonstrate how unlikely this is the case. The bottom line is that it remains simply an open question and a possibility that our physical existence and the Natural Laws are eternal.
                                You realize that possible and likely are two different things correct.

I said it is possible.

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Typos are not the issue of the thread.

Your pulling the fallacy of the English Gestapo Grammarian and side stepping the issue.
                                It demonstrates your lack thought and the ability to adequately communicate them which speaks to the issue at hand.

Comment