Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Rapture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I don't have that problem...
    You should keep a fire extinguisher handy

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Obviously it would be "PJB before the Mandela Effect" not "PJBBTME"

PJB. Sort of like FBI. CIA. Or several other short "acronyms"

PBJ!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Izzat the one where, every time you see a new conspiracy theory, you down a shot of Jim Beam? I'm down with that. *hic*
        Watch out for alcohol poisoning! There are a lot of conspiracy theories out there.

Comment

I am a futurist.

And we need to get our smiley list fixed before the rapture!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            You should keep a fire extinguisher handy
            Nahh...that would defeat the purpose of the crematorium.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I am inclined to be a futurist. However, I am with CP on putting how we live ahead of such a view. What I do is more important than what I believe about the rapture.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I tend to agree, generally. The thought of Christ's imminent return helps keep me focused on how I should be living, however.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  I am a futurist.

And we need to get our smiley list fixed before the rapture!
                  It is fixed. Raphael reinstaterated it.

Comment

It is fixed. Raphael reinstaterated it.

Comment

All right....that solves a mystery for me. I saw about the April deadline on FB and had no idea who was spouting that one.
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        All right....that solves a mystery for me. I saw about the April deadline on FB and had no idea who was spouting that one.
                        I haven't seen anything about it. I guess none of my friends care to warn me about the end of the world.

Comment

I haven't seen anything about it. I guess none of my friends care to warn me about the end of the world.

Just like none of my friends told me there was a new season of Sherlock.

Comment

There's a new season of Sherlock??? CP - why didn't you tell me!!!
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

yeah me either!

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                                There's a new season of Sherlock??? CP - why didn't you tell me!!!
                                It was late last year.

My friends are now on notice that if I am not told about a new season in the future, then they will need to be very afraid.

Comment