Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Opinions on Billy Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    lol. yep. is that a thing it does?
    It do. Stops shouting. If you type all caps, it gets automatically lower cased. (At least, it used to)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It do. Stops shouting. If you type all caps, it gets automatically lower cased. (At least, it used to)
      INTERESTING. I WONDER IF IT HELPS IF i THRoW IN SOMe LOWER CASE letters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        INTERESTING. I WONDER IF IT HELPS IF i THRoW IN SOMe LOWER CASE letters.
        That works just fine. It's the ALL CAPS all the time that triggers the haircut.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL
          One man[']s blaspheme [sic] is another man[']s free speech. I'm not blaspheming your god if I don't believe your god exists. When I say it's a fantasy, I'm affirming my belief that your god doesn't exist in reality. Are you saying that those of us who don't believe what you believe, who don't believe in the reality of your god, are not allowed to say so?
          For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

• Originally posted by The Remonstrant View Post
            anthropocentric: man-/human-centred. God has no place in your world view.
            The concept is incoherent in and of itself. That we are all imperfect, i.e. all sinners, created or not is a given. That we are redeemed, made perfect, and rewarded with eternal life, for believing in that which we don't know to be true is ridiculous.

Comment

It's like if you don't believe in Santa Clause, do you spell that with lower case?
              And if you misspell Santa Claus, does that mean you are disrespecting St. Nick?
              Coal in your stocking next Christmas!
              When I Survey....

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
                And if you misspell Santa Claus, does that mean you are disrespecting St. Nick?
                Coal in your stocking next Christmas!
                It could, or it could make you a weirdly festive devil-worshipping occultist.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Why Billy Graham's Casket Was Built By Inmates at a State Prison

Excellent question! Explored here...

And here...

TJ1_9369-1024x683.jpeg

Comment

• If they have inmates making caskets, the prison guards better be sure they are doing a roll call often.
                    When I Survey....

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
                      If they have inmates making caskets, the prison guards better be sure they are doing a roll call often.
                      This prison has a bunch of remarkable stories...

The Louisiana State Prison was once known as "The Bloodiest Prison in America" until Warden Burl Cain arrived in 1995. Warden Cain opened the door wide for Christ and the rest is history.

I actually had this in mind when I was talking about the moral decline in America, and the school shootings, and stuff like that.

Jesus Christ has changed hundreds, if not thousands, of lives here in this maximum security prison.

Comment

Your time would be better spent teaching a herd of pigs to sing the Hallelujah Chorus.

Comment

I never got that.... Jesus is a proper noun, but some atheists go out of their way to spell it with a lower case j, same with god vs God, as if that somehow validates their unbelief. It's like if you don't believe in Santa Clause, do you spell that with lower case? (But, then again, this is JimL we're talking about)
                          Can't ever recall spelling Jesus in lower case, but I drop the case on god fairly often, usually just to emphasize the fact that as a non-believer, my ideas about your god differ a good deal more than mere capitalization from your ideas about your God.

To me, your god is an idea, and ideas exist, so yes, Virginia, but there's still no Santa Clause in the Times style book.

Perish the thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                            Can't ever recall spelling Jesus in lower case, but I drop the case on god fairly often, usually just to emphasize the fact that as a non-believer, my ideas about your god differ a good deal more than mere capitalization from your ideas about your God.

To me, your god is an idea, and ideas exist, so yes, Virginia, but there's still no Santa Clause in the Times style book.

Perish the thought.
                            Obviously I disagree, but I don't necessarily find this offensive. I'll continue to capitalize God, and if somebody else decides not to,
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

Perish the thought.
                              I never see in you the contempt for God that I see in certain other posters.

Comment

• JimL is a notoriously bad speller anyway so I don't look for any hidden meaning in what he's saying.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment