Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Hugh Hefner is now in hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    There is no competent human who is not under sin.
    Thats what makes it a hypothetical Jed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      If you want to argue there is no God then don't ask questions about God. You can't have it both ways. If you are going to ask questions about why God would do this or that, you have to at least for the duration of the question, presuppose God exists. You can't ask why God would do blah blah blah, then when you don't like the answer, say "well there is no God so your answer is invalid"

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Why is it that you can't seem to understand that not believing in the existence of your god, is not rejecting him?
        They like to make it "our fault", Jim. Heaven forbid that it could be the fault of the nonsensical dogma in which they believe.

Comment

His only argument is that there is no scientific evidence for a god that he claims Christians believe in. His whole argument is dishonest. One has to decide whether the universe (meaning everything that is) simply happens to be what is, or that something not a part of it brought it into existence. Science can not touch that question.
          Science is all that can answer questions re the origins of the universe. All religion has to offer is divine revelation...as alleged. 'twas ever thus.

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
          Why do you say my argument is dishonest? Please give specifics.
          I think Jed's referring to me 37818.

Comment

But you people aren't slaves to Christ. Just saying you are, doesn't make it so. You are no different than non christians, sinners all, which is evident by your behavior right here on tweb. So how are you slaves to Christ?
            Because we have given our souls to Christ. He owns us. We have turned ourselves over to him to make us a new creature with a new spirit. I am not the same person I was before I became a Christian. Sure I still sin, but I hate it. I don't relish in it. I don't want to. I try to do better. But it isn't even "me" that is trying, it is the Holy Spirit in me that is doing all the work, sanctifying and changing me more and more. Rather than living for myself, I live for Christ. My life belongs to him. I am his servant, his slave.

Comment

Why is it that you can't seem to understand that not believing in the existence of your god, is not rejecting him?
              Because that understanding is false. Not believing in the existence of something necessarily entails rejecting it.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

But you people aren't slaves to Christ. Just saying you are, doesn't make it so. You are no different than non christians, sinners all, which is evident by your behavior right here on tweb. So how are you slaves to Christ?
                We are indeed bondslaves to Christ, having voluntarily submitted ourselves to his authority. In the words of Oswald Chambers:

That does not mean, however, that we are perfect. We try to be obedient, but we sometimes fail. You are assuming that slaves must be perfectly obedient in order to be considered slaves, which is patently false.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  We are indeed bondslaves to Christ, having voluntarily submitted ourselves to his authority. In the words of Oswald Chambers:

That does not mean, however, that we are perfect. We try to be obedient, but we sometimes fail. You are assuming that slaves must be perfectly obedient in order to be considered slaves, which is patently false.
                  Except Darfius. He's perfect. He said so.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Because that understanding is false. Not believing in the existence of something necessarily entails rejecting it.
                    Wrong, it entails rejecting the assertion that the thing even exists.
                    Last edited by JimL; 10-26-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Wrong, it entails rejecting the assertion that the thing even exists.
                      Yes, it entails rejecting the assertion that the thing even exists. How is that not the most extreme possible rejection of the thing itself?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Jimmy, are you posting while drunk or high?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Jim, I'm a Molinist like Adrift, and too lean towards inclusiveness. Let me put it this way - anyone who sincerely wants heaven will find it, yet no one will be saved apart from the work of Christ. God knows men's hearts better than we know our own, He will Sovereignly get the Gospel to those He knows will repent. And for those who do not hear it before they die, but are disposed to the message, I believe will have a chance to repent in the afterlife. Don't take that to the bank though. Don't fail to receive Christ in this life because some idiot named seer told you there may be second chances...
                          He has heard the gospel, so he won't be getting another chance. This finite point of mortal existance is the only chance he gets to choose an eternity with or without God.
                          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            Science is all that can answer questions re the origins of the universe.
                            Give me some scientific evidence that only science can answer such questions.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Jimmy, are you posting while drunk or high?
                              Well, I only drink on occassion, but no, unfortunately no weed on hand either.

Comment

Give me some scientific evidence that only science can answer such questions.
                                Haven't been keeping up with scientific progress over the years I take it? We know the age of the universe now, as a result of scientific evidence, and its a lot older than 6000 years old.
                                Last edited by JimL; 10-26-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment