Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Persecution as Proof of Salvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I don't believe anybody claimed that.
    You certainly didn't specify otherwise. You called quiet Christian living lazy.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, there are ZERO lost people in "overwhelmingly Christian regions"? And.. where, exactly, does one find these "overwhelmingly Christian regions"?
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yes, Christians should really take witnessing advice from an anti-Christian agnostic.

Comment

• And you have every right to be as wrong as you obviously are.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        And you have every right to be as wrong as you obviously are.
        If you haven't bumped heads with the devil lately, you're probably going in the same direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
          If you haven't bumped heads with the devil lately, you're probably going in the same direction.
          That's a quote from one of my black pastor friends, you racist!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You certainly didn't specify otherwise. You called quiet Christian living lazy.
            Actual quote, please.

Yeah, there are ZERO lost people there, so we should just write them off for eternity.

you're not a believer, so you're not called to witness. In fact, it's better that you don't.

Not everyone has the funding to go to Haiti and argue with witch doctors.
            Laughing. Ummmm.... who's going to Haiti to argue with witch doctors?

Yeah, uh.... you're doing that JackWHAGon thing, again.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What makes you think I haven't?

Ephesians 6:12
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                What makes you think I haven't?

Ephesians 6:12
                I think a lot of Christians haven't, and it's possible they never will given their location and audience. Some mistake "head bumping" with the same general opposition that many religions encounter, such as when Scientologists get laughed at or Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses get doors slammed in their faces. There's a bit of self-fulfilling prophecy in this. Obviously, an obnoxious campus preacher is going to earn derision for his poor presentation--especially if he's a Ray Comfort/anti-evolution weirdo.

To say that's the "devil" is presumptuous and self-serving, whether for Muslims, Mormons, or evangelicals.

Comment

Serving can mean many things. It doesn't mean bold winessing in all situations,
                  "Witnessing", not "winessing", and yes...it does.

When you're dealing with millions of people, there's no such thing as a story that's been dulled by repetition. There are annually thousands, perhaps millions of people who come to Christ. You know jack-all about those who come to Christ.

Matthew 18:10See that you do not disdain one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. 12 What do you think? If someone owns a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go look for the one that went astray? 13 And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he will rejoice more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray. 14 In the same way, your Father in heaven is not willing that one of these little ones be lost."

No such thing as bold redundancy when it comes to collecting the lost.

This is misleading and a horrible thing to say to those who are already serving:
                  You are the horrible one, whag. You who attempt to turn God's children against each other. You who attempt to undermine those who serve God by going after the lost. You are the despicable one who'd rather we forget those who've never heard the Gospel or ignore those who have strayed. You are the one whose mind that has been darkened by the spiritual forces of evil that Bill mentioned in Eph 6:12. Your wife is a saint to have put up with your blasphemy and the darkness you've brought into her household. I pray that she has a positive effect on the spiritual wickedness that you've introduced into your family's life.

You should know. If there is anyone here that has made a pact with Satan (consciously or not) it's you. Turn to Christ, ask for forgiveness, repent of your sinful behavior, make Jesus lord of your life. Free yourself from the bondage that you've carried for who knows (but the Lord) how many years you've lived with this angst against God. You have intrinsic value, whag. You are better than this. You are loved. You can love. Change your mind. Change your behavior. Become a better man. Become the husband you know you can be. Be a better father, mentor, man, human being. There is a God, and he loves you, and he desires that you love him. Get over yourself.

Your wife sounds like she's absolutely boldly expressing her faith. Being bold doesn't mean that one need to shout from the roof tops or on the street corner their love for Christ. It can be as simple as serving others in the name of Christ. One of your many problems is that you have no idea what it means to be "bold". Maybe you've never been bold, other than to be an anonymous nuisance on a Christian forum. If that's what you think is bold, you're greatly mistaken.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You simply don't. You live in this fantasy world where Christians are accepted everywhere and constantly preach to the choir. That isn't the real world. How dare you tell a pastor how he should talk to his congregation. Who are you? Do you stand in front of dozens, hundreds, thousands of people every Sunday and speak to their heart? Encourage them? Teach them? You hypocrite!

Kingsgambit, is this a person you want to champion as an honest seeker? Seriously? I wouldn't.
                  Last edited by Adrift; 10-12-2015, 12:10 AM.

Comment

you're not a believer, so you're not called to witness. In fact, it's better that you don't.
                    Only a fool leaves the field completely to his opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      Only a fool leaves the field completely to his opponent.
                      Well, yes, there will always be enemies of the cross.

Comment

Well, yes, there will always be enemies of the cross.
                        Even God knows the value of intellectual opposition. Did He not create Lucifer?

Comment

That's a whole 'nuther discussion. God created the being that would become Lucifer (Exekiel 28:15)

Comment

Lucifer is not intellectual opposition.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Lucifer is not intellectual opposition.

Comment

• Martin Luther's works are online and can easily be looked up, if you so desire. but searching your soundbites, on Google, doesn't bring up what works these soundbites came from. It keeps bringing up the quote, but doesn't give the work in which these soundbites came from. I'm afraid that you seem to show us, yet again, that reason and you are as far apart as night and day is. Unless of course, you can dig up the works where these came from and show, based on the context, that he is saying what you claim he is saying. Of course, I suspect you got these quotes from a source, that just got them from a source, which got it from another source, who misattributed them or just made the quotes up. Just because there's a paragraph, with the authors name next to it, that you found online, doesn't mean that guy or gal actually said what is being attributed to them. Now get to work FF or you could admit that you don't know where those soundbites came from and they likely were just made up with somebody who had an axe to grind against Martin Luther and/or Christians in general.
                                Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-13-2015, 08:15 AM.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment