Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is fear a good reason to become Christian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "all" referred to is the completion of the messiah's mission, if the letter to the Hebrews is to be believed. And I believe Jesus' words, "It is finished", when he was crucified are relevant to the matter - though I won't ask anyone else to subscribe to the belief.

That Paul authored the letter to the Hebrews is highly unlikely, according to the majority consensus of scholars.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Jichard View Post
      So I'm curious: Is fear of death a good reason to be Christian?
      In and of itself? No. But as a catalyst to put one on the road to repentance and reconcilliation with God? It's as good a reason as any.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        In and of itself? No. But as a catalyst to put one on the road to repentance and reconcilliation with God? It's as good a reason as any.
        Only if it's true but there's no good reason to think that, so you're left with a debilitating neurosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Only if it's true but there's no good reason to think that, so you're left with a debilitating neurosis.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
            The "all" referred to is the completion of the messiah's mission, if the letter to the Hebrews is to be believed. And I believe Jesus' words, "It is finished", when he was crucified are relevant to the matter - though I won't ask anyone else to subscribe to the belief.

That Paul authored the letter to the Hebrews is highly unlikely, according to the majority consensus of scholars.
            http://www.egrc.net/articles/directo...ctor_1006.html

Comment