Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nobody Dies for a Lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    In other words heaven is not a place, it's a mind set.
    You are, once again, revealing your ignorance of the Bible.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      You are, once again, revealing your ignorance of the Bible.
      Haven't read it in a while, but the passage could be understood in either way. Thomas, which didn't make it into the bible said basically the same thing, if I remember that correctly. "Heaven is spread across the face of the earth, but men don't see it."

Comment

Haven't read it in a while, but the passage could be understood in either way. Thomas, which didn't make it into the bible said basically the same thing, if I remember that correctly. "Heaven is spread across the face of the earth, but men don't see it."
        Make at least a feeble attempt to answer Sparko's post, then I'll point out where you really got this mixed up.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thomas, which didn't make it into the bible...

Thanks, Jim, I needed a laugh this morning!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Make at least a feeble attempt to answer Sparko's post, then I'll point out where you really got this mixed up.
            ^that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Maybe you should go look for it. Reading the bible might do you some good.

I will wait here for you. Nobody help him. Jim can do it himself. He is a big boy.
              Ask yourself why becoming like little children would be prerequisite of entering heaven?

Comment

Ask yourself why becoming like little children would be prerequisite of entering heaven?
                Oh, good heavens.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I really have a problem with that since it's nowhere mentioned in the Bible. I think people hold to it for emotional reasons (not wanting to envision babies in hell). People are certainly awfully dogmatic about it for something nowhere mentioned in Scripture. Since I'm an annihilationist, I don't have a problem with holding to the idea that only those who accept Christ get eternal life, because I don't have to deal with the idea of babies being eternally tormented.
                  I think CP covered the scripture part, but I think the nature of God helps us here too. God is both just and merciful, it is in the interest of both justice and mercy for God to take into consideration the mental capacity and the knowledge of individuals into account when judgment comes.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Thomas was written by the Gnostics and contained many crazy concepts, such as women becoming men to make it into heaven. If you want to go with the gnostic stuff, I like the one with the talking cross myself. That one is rather entertaining.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Dang, you actually got something right.
                        Getting the doctrine of the 'hypostatic union' right is not a problem. The trick is to explain how Jesus can be simultaneously fully God and fully Man. Because it is nonsense!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Getting the doctrine of the 'hypostatic union' right is not a problem. The trick is to explain how Jesus can be simultaneously fully God and fully Man. Because it is nonsense!
                          Not at all difficult to explain, I do it all the time. What's difficult is for atheist to comprehend it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            Oh, good heavens.
                            Well said!

Comment

Still waiting... find your verse yet?

Comment

• Wow, you really do live in a fantasy world don't you Lilpix. Having a concept of innocence, which btw, we adults do not lack, is not the same thing as being innocent, and little kids are not honest at all, and they are as gullible as you are, which is obviously very gullible.
                                Last edited by JimL; 05-04-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment