Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Getting to grips with God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    First point is that there is no such thing as "natural justice." Nature, nor the natural laws that created us care in the least about justice. The classic golden rule, do under others, is no more valid than the other golden rule; he with the most gold rules.

Comment

You know firstfloor,

I like you. While you are a troll, at least you are obvious about it, and you have a good sense of humor and don't take yourself too seriously like a lot of people seem to do on internet forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        You know firstfloor,

I like you. While you are a troll, at least you are obvious about it, and you have a good sense of humor and don't take yourself too seriously like a lot of people seem to do on internet forums.

Comment

You might not like meeting God face to face.

Comment

I know the history FF, my point is there is no such thing as natural law.

Natural law (Latin: ius naturale, lex naturalis) is a philosophy that certain rights are inherent by virtue of human nature endowed by nature, God, or a transcendent source, and can be understood universally through human reason. Historically, natural law refers to the use of reason to analyze human nature to deduce binding rules of moral behavior from nature's or God's creation of reality and mankind. The law of nature, as determined by nature, is universal.
            Apart from God, there is no universal moral code, binding rules of moral behavior or inherent rights. Nor can there be.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Seer is a tiny speck on the horizon behind us but we are gamely willing him on.
              Well at least I'm still in the picture...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

You might not like meeting God face to face.
                Probably not, I hear you need welding goggles.

Comment

And a puke bag...

Comment

Probably should go ahead and bring the whole fireproof suit in your case.

Comment

ouch...

Comment

Won't need it, I plan to pay Him off with a sherbet fountain.

Comment

I know the history FF, my point is there is no such thing as natural law.
                          Apart from God, there is no universal moral code, binding rules of moral behavior or inherent rights. Nor can there be.
                          Morality develops naturally from human behaviour. Moralities that help societies to thrive will survive. Others will die out. The morality of Islam and to a lesser extent Christianity is parasitical on technologically advanced civilisations and they would die out if they were not. We have a duty to help these impostor religious moralities to disappear.
                          Last edited by firstfloor; 05-19-2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Morality develops naturally from human behaviour. Moralities that help societies to thrive will survive. Others will die out. The morality of Islam and to a lesser extent Christianity is parasitical on technologically advanced civilisations and they would die out if they were not. We have a duty to help these impostor religious moralities to disappear.
                            That is silly FF, there is nothing that I know that would ensure social cohesion more than a common religion. Why do you think that the evolutionary process had selected for religious tendencies? Remember in this world atheism is still the distinct minority. And you assume that less religion would lead to greater peace or unity - that too is unfounded, it could just as well lead to pogroms and gulags on a universal scale. Sorry bro, you have absolutely nothing to offer.
                            Last edited by seer; 05-19-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

That is silly FF,... Sorry bro, you have absolutely nothing to offer.
                              Silly is all ff is here for. He aims to entertain. I appreciate that he's so transparent about it.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

That is silly FF, there is nothing that I know that would ensure social cohesion more than a common religion. Why do you think that the evolutionary process had selected for religious tendencies? Remember in this world atheism is still the distinct minority. And you assume that less religion would lead to greater peace or unity - that too is unfounded, it could just as well lead to pogroms and gulags on a universal scale. Sorry bro, you have absolutely nothing to offer.
                                Strangely enough, I'm forced to agree with this.
                                Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment