Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Did Jesus have sexual desires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I think it might be a matter of creating a pot hole and then him trying to dig himself out and ending up making the hole deeper. He keeps having to resort to insults and misreadings of people's points and posts and making false accusations, all to just keep from saying "oh, I understand what you mean now, I was wrong. Carry on"

Instead he keeps trying to characterize us as claiming Jesus was a sexual deviant when we are just pointing out that Jesus was 100% human and not some robot.
    Or he is calling his mom and dad sexual deviants for merely reproducing. Unless they did IVF, they did a certain act needed to reproduce! Again, do you think sexual reproduction is a sin, Darf?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• So according to Darfius, Sexual urges are sinful. I didn't read that ANYWHERE in Scripture in fact what I DID read was
      "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. KJV
      Other versions state helper or help mate. And to cross reference:
      KJV 1 Corinthians 11:9
      Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Genesis 2:20
      And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

Proverbs 18:22Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
      In other words the human (male) body and if you want to go that far the female body was made to reproduce. Now you can go a life time without sex, and St. Paul did indeed praise those who went without sex for the Kingdom. He even pointed out that there were called to celibacy, but he also made a very specific point that not everyone was called for this. And No there isn't anything wrong with wanting sex. Even better there isn't anything wrong with being married and wanting sex. How the heck do you think we make kids? If we didn't want it or all found it gross we wouldn't want to or we would have problems making children. That's one of those things that makes it so darn incredible. And then there are other things. What's wrong is when people start preaching that what God hath made is dirty. And its not. Sex (i'm talking within marriage) holds two functions. One is the creation of life, and two is for a man and woman to show love to each other in the most intimate way. And if that was sinful or wrong then you are sitting here telling God he made something bad that he made good. In fact here it is in Genesis this is a covenant of marriage King James Version
      Genesis 2:24
      Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
      Dude how do you think that happens? Well? How do you think man and woman become one flesh..... It ain't "the wedding kiss" God ordained this. He ordained it from the begninning before sin entered the world.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
        This thread was wild from start to finish.

The op was actually a fair and legitimate question.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think it might be a matter of creating a pot hole and then him trying to dig himself out and ending up making the hole deeper. He keeps having to resort to insults and misreadings of people's points and posts and making false accusations, all to just keep from saying "oh, I understand what you mean now, I was wrong. Carry on"

Instead he keeps trying to characterize us as claiming Jesus was a sexual deviant when we are just pointing out that Jesus was 100% human and not some robot.
          What I find most incredible here is that God took an ALL that we are. In his divinity he took on all of it, and Darfius is Twisting that to mean we are claiming Jesus was sinful. The reality is God created all of our physiolgy and ordained it from the beginning before sin entered the world. And called it Good! The only person calling it sinful is Darfius
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            I would agree.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

OK what exactly are you even trying to say here? That Adam did not have sexual attraction for Eve? That he didn't lust her because he didn't have clothes? I am at a loss here Darf. Please explain.
              The first time Adam had awoken to see a new face, it had been the face of his father, the first face he had ever seen, and up to then by far the most beautiful. But now, after awakening from a deep sleep, he saw before him a face which rivaled the beauty of his father's. She--for he knew from his naming of the animals that he was male and she female--was still sleeping, and he praised his father for giving him such beauty as he took in her form. For he also knew that she was his. His father had seen his look of confusion after he had finished naming the pairs of animals brought before him. Why was he among all of his father's creatures made without a pair? His father knew his thoughts as always and before he could voice his concern, said, "It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." Then He had led Adam to this part of the garden and placed him into the sleep he had just awoken from. This creature before him looked like him and did not. She had both a symmetry and lack of symmetry that he found captivating. She was smaller, but to him altogether lovelier. As he looked down at her with love filled eyes, hers opened to look into his. Seeing his love for her awakened her love and she only smiled as he took her hand and led her to his father and her father.

Over time the two learned each others thoughts and ways. Learned to know each other. This only deepened their love for one another and now from smiles and grasps of the hand, their love sought a deeper mode of expression, their bodies sought a union which their souls already felt. And so they came together as man and woman, and the man cherished what made her a woman and the woman cherished what made him a man, but never did they think that the one they cherished was only their body. And certainly they never could have conceived of making love with someone they did not know as they knew one another. That would not even be making love. That could not even be desired.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                Well yes but "this thread was wild from the second page to now" doesn't have the same ring to it.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
                  The first time Adam had awoken to see a new face, it had been the face of his father, the first face he had ever seen, and up to then by far the most beautiful. But now, after awakening from a deep sleep, he saw before him a face which rivaled the beauty of his father's. She--for he knew from his naming of the animals that he was male and she female--was still sleeping, and he praised his father for giving him such beauty as he took in her form. For he also knew that she was his. His father had seen his look of confusion after he had finished naming the pairs of animals brought before him. Why was he among all of his father's creatures made without a pair? His father knew his thoughts as always and before he could voice his concern, said, "It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." Then He had led Adam to this part of the garden and placed him into the sleep he had just awoken from. This creature before him looked like him and did not. She had both a symmetry and lack of symmetry that he found captivating. She was smaller, but to him altogether lovelier. As he looked down at her with love filled eyes, hers opened to look into his. Seeing his love for her awakened her love and she only smiled as he took her hand and led her to his father and her father.

Over time the two learned each others thoughts and ways. Learned to know each other. This only deepened their love for one another and now from smiles and grasps of the hand, their love sought a deeper mode of expression, their bodies sought a union which their souls already felt. And so they came together as man and woman, and the man cherished what made her a woman and the woman cherished what made him a man, but never did they think that the one they cherished was only their body. And certainly they never could have conceived of making love with someone they did not know as they knew one another. That would not even be making love. That could not even be desired.
                  I didn't read that in the Bible. Did you make that up?
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    How long has Darfius been writing fanfiction?

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I thought it was kinda sweet.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's all there in the white spaces.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

and that proves that the sex drive is sinful how?

Comment

One writer to another: that first sentence has a comma splice. A colon might fit well there.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

• Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                              One writer to another: that first sentence has a comma splice. A colon might fit well there.
                              Colons carry poop. Therefore colons are sinful.

Comment

Colons carry poop. Therefore colons are sinful.
                                My bad. From now on I will only refer to the punctuation as vampire bites.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X