Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Did Jesus have sexual desires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    well his family and friends would have seen him resurrect and would not grieve as much as a wife who now had to live as a widow without her husband for the rest of her life. also what happens to her when she is resurrected in heaven? does she become the queen to God? is she kicked back into the general population? being married would cause all sorts of problems, so I think he remained single.
    Jesus was not married. He was driven by His purpose on this earth and would not have been sidetracked by anything, including a wife.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

the problem at it's root is that you think having sexual desire is evil in itself. It is NOT. God gave us sexual desires and it is GOOD. misusing that desire to lust after another, or to actually act on that desire with someone you are not married to is sinful. The bible makes that clear. but say you are married. having those same sexual desires for your spouse and ACTING on them is not a sin. So the desire is not sinful, but actions arising from those desires CAN be in certain circumstances.
      You are sweeping with too broad a brush. Yes, God gave us sexual desire, but not everything we desire sexually is good. If I desire to have sex wit my spouse's foot, did God give me that desire?

sexual desire at it's basic is an attraction to another person of the opposite sex, which drives a person to seek out a relationship with someone of the opposite sex. it is a basic drive built into human beings unless there is something wrong with them, like having hormone deficiency. Another word for sexual desire is Libido. it is completely natural and good. God designed us that way.
      That definition of sexual desire fails to account for homosexuality, pedophilia, etc. And are you saying that if one does NOT seek out a relationship with the opposite sex, "something is wrong with them?" Makes one wonder, then, why both Paul and the Lord praised those who did not marry.

Lust is a misuse of that desire to have unbridled fantasies about another. it is a matter of degree. it like the difference between hunger and craving. rather than having a healthy attraction to someone, you covet them.
      Who defines a "healthy" attraction? Is it just conveniently whatever you are attracted to and however much you are attracted to it?

Jesus could have natural sexual desires and temptations and not lust after a woman or even act on the normal desires.
      So you say, but again you are short on specifics. If he is not lusting in his mind, from whence comes the desire?

you are turning Jesus into someone who is not even human. It is as bad as what was mentioned earlier about muslims claiming if Jesus had bowel movements he could not be God. well guess what? Jesus was fully human. He had all the emotions we have and all of the natural functions we have. He pooped and wiped his butt. He peed. He got hungry. He got sad. He got mad. He had sexual desires.
      You are turning Jesus into a fallen human instead of a perfect one. Are you sure He had "all" of our emotions? Did He ever feel envy? How about greed? Was He ever bitter? Yikes, must suck to be proven dead wrong when you are arguing so passionately. Let's move on to what else you're wrong about.

God created Adam and Eve naked. They did not know they were naked. Do you think it is possible to "desire" something you do not even acknowledge? I.e., nakedness? And yet they were still capable of lovemaking and indeed commanded to do so. Ah, but that's it, they would have been making love and not merely having sex. Adam "knew" his wife. Clearly what we call "sex" has changed dramatically from what God intended it to be, as have our "sexual desires", except in those rare instances, usually in Christian marriages, where a man and woman love each other as God intended.

Comment

there you are wrong. as a man gets older he loses his libido as his testosterone drops. that is why doctors do testosterone replacement therapy.
        You are confusing correlation with causality. I am an alpha male with testosterone coursing through my body, but I am not a sex fiend.

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
          I am an alpha male
          Quoting for posterity

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            It looks to me as though Darfius is flirting with heresy on this topic.
            It looks to me as if Jedidiah is flirting with censorship with this jab. Can't handle dissent on an open forum, eh? What happened to that Christian boldness? By the way, I would love to hear the name of the heresy I am "flirting" with. Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Bill the Cat

No. Just NO!

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
            Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by mossrose; 05-15-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Is it possible that Jesus never married because He never felt the desire to? That He never "burned?" That He wasn't attracted to His "daughters?"

Nah, that's too foreign a concept to people who think you can wanna have sex, Edited by a Moderatorand yet not be lusting.

Moderated By: Bill the Cat

You need to familiarize yourself with the rules on cruse language.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Bill the Cat; 05-15-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                Quoting for posterity
                It's hilarious when boys try to call themselves alpha males. I bet he is still a pup and not a father yet. Because alpha wolves are merely the wolf mom and the wolf dad!
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Is it possible that Jesus never married because He never felt the desire to? That He never "burned?" That He wasn't attracted to His "daughters?"

Nah, that's too foreign a concept to people who think you can wanna have sex, Edited by a Moderator and yet not be lusting.
                  While claiming "I am not a sex fiend", you sure seem to have a rather perverse way of dealing with the subject of procreation. Are you always this disgustingly crass?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    While claiming "I am not a sex fiend", you sure seem to have a rather perverse way of dealing with the subject of procreation. Are you always this disgustingly crass?
                    Remember when Elijah suggested that Baal was on the toilet? How crass. Now be a dear and address the actual argument, please.

Comment

Remember when Elijah suggested that Baal was on the toilet? How crass. Now be a dear and address the actual argument, please.
                      No comparison whatsoever. You are like a Junior High boy trying to see things in an entirely crass way.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        No comparison whatsoever. You are like a Junior High boy trying to see things in an entirely crass way.
                        I didn't know there was a classy way of talking about erections. Particularly when Sparky was the one claiming Jesus had them. But don't let me get in the way of your false indignation in lieu of an actual argument.

Comment

I didn't know there was a classy way of talking about erections. Particularly when Sparky was the one claiming Jesus had them. But don't let me get in the way of your false indignation in lieu of an actual argument.
                          Seriously, how old are you? 15?

Comment

You are confusing correlation with causality. I am an alpha male with testosterone coursing through my body, but I am not a sex fiend.
                            Generally, those who are don't find it necessary to boast about it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Generally, those who are don't find it necessary to boast about it.
                              Considering the biological inaccuracies associated with the term.... If you are a dad, you are an alpha male. Simple as that. The problem with the wolves was that they had several different strange wolves thrown together in captivity. I don't think you want humans to act like the toughest guy in the refugee camp or prison block. Actual wolf packs function more like human families with a mom and a dad. Of course another similarity between wolves and humans is that you do not want to mess with their young.

Comment

By the way, I would love to hear the name of the heresy I am "flirting" with.
                                You seem to be denying the full humanity of Jesus. In addition to this possible heresy you deny that Jesus was tempted in all the ways men are and did not sin. In addition you seem to have some weird idea that being tempted is sinful. You are wrong on all counts. Jesus is exactly as the Bible describes, not as you try to redefine Him.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X