Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Did Jesus have sexual desires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way, I amen'd some posts with which I did not necessarily agree, but I think the posters are popular.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      By the way, I amen'd some posts with which I did not necessarily agree, but I think the posters are popular.
      We know better. You were trying to report them, weren't you?
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        We know better. You were trying to report them, weren't you?
        Well, that, too!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
          The more concerning thing, I think, is how he's basically denying the human nature of Christ as, in orthodox theology and belief, Christ had two natures, a divine nature and a human nature. Humans experience desires, even sexual ones. The Bible is quite clear that Jesus experienced temptation. He just didn't give into it.
          What exactly did He experience? Everyone refuses to tell me. You see, as soon as someone tried to explain it, they would understand why a sinless man could never have experienced it, but let's waste a few more pages talking about how immature I am instead.

Comment

• Go ask your mommy and daddy, kid!
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
              What exactly did He experience? Everyone refuses to tell me. You see, as soon as someone tried to explain it, they would understand why a sinless man could never have experienced it, but let's waste a few more pages talking about how immature I am instead.
              People have been telling you in plain English for the past several pages of this thread. You're just deliberately refusing to accept it. It's not our problem that you're incapable of understanding the basics of sexual attraction, etc.
              My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                People have been telling you in plain English for the past several pages of this thread. You're just deliberately refusing to accept it. It's not our problem that you're incapable of understanding the basics of sexual attraction, etc.
                Yet. Another. Dodge.

Comment

Yet. Another. Dodge.
                  It's not a dodge. Your parents clearly failed at giving you The Talk.
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Yet. Another. Dodge.
                    If, by 'dodge', you really mean, 'proved you [Darfius] wrong', then yeah, you got me. :-)

Comment

What exactly did He experience? Everyone refuses to tell me.
                      That is an example of blatant dishonesty.
                      Originally posted by Darfius
                      You see, as soon as someone tried to explain it, they would understand why a sinless man could never have experienced it, but let's waste a few more pages talking about how immature I am instead.
                      You deliberately ignored a number of my personal posts to you regarding human physiology and biological response on the subject, and you also deliberately refused to explain how if Jesus was 100 percent human, that physiological responses to stimuli would not have happened or if they did why they would or would not be considered sinless given that the human body was functioning as is before the fall. However since you cannot answer that with adequate evidence you gave a piece of "fanfiction" that you claimed was as valuable as what Moses wrote thus flirting with giving yourself the status of "bible writer" You're walking some dangerous and heretical ground by 1) refusing to acknowledge humanity of Jesus and 2) promoting an ability to make your own writing equal to Moses.
                      Also as Jed said, you're immature. I really don't have patience or time for that kind of arrogance.
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        That is an example of blatant dishonesty.
                        Really? Mind quoting where specifics were given? Repeating "Jesus had sexual desires" is not specifics. It's a begged question.

You deliberately ignored a number of my personal posts to you regarding human physiology and biological response on the subject, and you also deliberately refused to explain how if Jesus was 100 percent human, that physiological responses to stimuli would not have happened or if they did why they would or would not be considered sinless given that the human body was functioning as is before the fall. However since you cannot answer that with adequate evidence you gave a piece of "fanfiction" that you claimed was as valuable as what Moses wrote thus flirting with giving yourself the status of "bible writer" You're walking some dangerous and heretical ground by 1) refusing to acknowledge humanity of Jesus and 2) promoting an ability to make your own writing equal to Moses.
                        Also as Jed said, you're immature. I really don't have patience or time for that kind of arrogance.
                        What stimuli? Unfallen humans are stimulated or not stimulated by different things than us fallen ones. I never said my writing was equal to Moses'. But I suppose that's possible, isn't it? Depends on whether I am being led by the Spirit of God. Your writing could be equal to Moses' too under such circumstances. Probably not, though, since you're wrong.

And just for fun, you're immature.

Comment

Ah, the irony.

Comment

that is not true. I have been explaining it to you over and over, and so have others. You in return mischaracterize us and turn our words into strawmen to burn. THAT is why I have stopped even trying to convince you of anything. Get back to us when you finish puberty.

Comment

Really? Mind quoting where specifics were given? Repeating "Jesus had sexual desires" is not specifics. It's a begged question.

What stimuli? Unfallen humans are stimulated or not stimulated by different things than us fallen ones. I never said my writing was equal to Moses'. But I suppose that's possible, isn't it? Depends on whether I am being led by the Spirit of God. Your writing could be equal to Moses' too under such circumstances. Probably not, though, since you're wrong.

There are unfallen humans? Really. Where?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                that is not true. I have been explaining it to you over and over, and so have others. You in return mischaracterize us and turn our words into strawmen to burn. THAT is why I have stopped even trying to convince you of anything. Get back to us when you finish puberty.
                                You are lying to your self and others if you are saying you ever offered specifics.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X