Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Life after the eclipse (sign of Jonah)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
    You said "the end times", not Sept 23. If the end times don't happen, I'll say my bad.
    You claimed that Sept 23 would be Revelation 12. That is part of the end times is it not? None of the events of Rev 12 happened as far as I can tell. Were any stars cast down to earth? Was there a war in heaven? Did Satan get cast down and land on Earth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You claimed that Sept 23 would be Revelation 12. That is part of the end times is it not? None of the events of Rev 12 happened as far as I can tell. Were any stars cast down to earth? Was there a war in heaven? Did Satan get cast down and land on Earth?
      The sign in the heavens did happen

Comment

OK, but that same sign happens a lot - If you google back you can see that people have been predicting the end times occurring on sept 23 during various years and using the same "sign" -- and you said the sign would be that sign that Revelation 12 was occuring. Rev 12 is not just a sign, but a sign of something. The war in heaven, satan being cast out, the woman fleeing to the desert, etc. the end times.

1999: http://www.betemunah.org/rev121.html
        2015: http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/20...k-2469094.html

Comment

The regularly occurring sign which you seem to think has some special significance THIS time (but presumably not any of the other times) happened. Still waiting for any connection to the end times.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I've already explained to you idiots how and why it isn't "regularly occurring." At this point you refuse to have eyes to see and ears to hear, so may it be on your own heads.

Comment

I've already explained to you idiots how and why it isn't "regularly occurring." At this point you refuse to have eyes to see and ears to hear, so may it be on your own heads.
              and yet, as I linked to above, people have been using that same sign on the same date in various past years, so I guess you are wrong about that too.

Anyhoo,

1. What does the sign signify occurring on earth?
              2. Can you show me where that happened?

Comment

I've already explained to you idiots how and why it isn't "regularly occurring." At this point you refuse to have eyes to see and ears to hear, so may it be on your own heads.
                *reads through thread* No, you haven't. You asserted, once, that it isn't. An assertion is not an explanation.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• All this astrology stuff sounds dangerous to me. Israel is warned against worshipping these things.

Deu 4:19* And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Act 7:42* Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness?*
                  Then again it says God's glory is seen through the stars.

Psa 19:1* To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.*
                  Psa 19:2* Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.*
                  Psa 19:3* There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.*
                  Psa 19:4* Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,*
                  Psa 19:5* Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.*
                  The Capitol Insurrection And Religion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_bibl_vppi_i0

Comment

OK, but that same sign happens a lot - If you google back you can see that people have been predicting the end times occurring on sept 23 during various years and using the same "sign" -- and you said the sign would be that sign that Revelation 12 was occuring. Rev 12 is not just a sign, but a sign of something. The war in heaven, satan being cast out, the woman fleeing to the desert, etc. the end times.

1999: http://www.betemunah.org/rev121.html
                    2015: http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/20...k-2469094.html
                    Neither of these is an example of the sign. In the first, the author says "the moon" is the child in the woman's womb when in Rev 12 it specifically says the moon is at the woman's feet. The other link doesn't mention Rev 12 at all, just the date of 9/23, which was popular in preceding years because of its recurrence in film (presumably because the occult knew about the significance of the celestial alignment) and because it frequently fell on a Jewish holiday.

Comment

and yet, as I linked to above, people have been using that same sign on the same date in various past years, so I guess you are wrong about that too.

Anyhoo,

1. What does the sign signify occurring on earth?
                      2. Can you show me where that happened?
                      1 The birth of "the manchild", whomever or whatever that is. The devil attempting to kill this manchild. The church fleeing the devil's wrath.
                      2 The birth pains have clearly quickened and worsened since the eclipse. Two major hurricanes, several large earthquakes, raging wildfires, the "harvest" (mockery of rapture) mass shooting and the "wars and rumors of wars" with Russia, Iran and North Korea.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        *reads through thread* No, you haven't. You asserted, once, that it isn't. An assertion is not an explanation.
                        It's a claim. In order to prove it, I'd have to provide hundreds of thousands of screenshots of star chart programs. To disprove it, you just need to provide one showing the exact alignment which occurred.

Comment

It's a claim. In order to prove it, I'd have to provide hundreds of thousands of screenshots of star chart programs. To disprove it, you just need to provide one showing the exact alignment which occurred.
                          Planets periodically line up. What is so special about this particular alignment and its placement against the zodiac, and why? Keep in mind that the zodiac and the constellations which make it up are purely a (pagan) Greek concept related to astrology. Are you mixing a little pagan with your Christianity, or do you have some sort of rationale why an uneducated Jewish fisherman would allude to anything of the sort? Why is America so special that an eclipse crossing the contiguous United States fulfills an apocalyptic vision recorded 1400 years before anybody had any idea the continent existed?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Planets periodically line up. What is so special about this particular alignment and its placement against the zodiac, and why? Keep in mind that the zodiac and the constellations which make it up are purely a (pagan) Greek concept related to astrology. Are you mixing a little pagan with your Christianity, or do you have some sort of rationale why an uneducated Jewish fisherman would allude to anything of the sort? Why is America so special that an eclipse crossing the contiguous United States fulfills an apocalyptic vision recorded 1400 years before anybody had any idea the continent existed?
                            I quoted the segment in Job where God mentions the zodiac and in Genesis 1:14 He explicitly says they are for signs. Jesus says there will be "signs in the stars." Honestly, I've heard of echo chambers, but you guys seem to have yours limited to your own heads. Pay attention.

Comment

• It's true that God made the heavenly lights, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth." Gen 1:14-15 But trusting in God is better than looking for this kind of sign. Clement of Alexandria said that Abraham was an astronomer. He may have referred to Gen 15:5, but it is more likely that he referred to this lesson of faith in the ancient Jewish book of Jubilees.

Abram sat up throughout the night on the new moon of the seventh month to observe the stars from the evening to the morning, in order to see what would be the character of the year with regard to the rains, and he was alone as he sat and observed. And a word came into his heart and he said: All the signs of the stars, and the signs of the moon and of the sun are all in the hand of the Lord. Why do I search (them) out. If He desires, He causes it to rain, morning and evening; And if He desires, He withholds it, And all things are in his hand.' Ch 12:16-18
                              The Capitol Insurrection And Religion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_bibl_vppi_i0

Comment

I quoted the segment in Job where God mentions the zodiac and in Genesis 1:14 He explicitly says they are for signs. Jesus says there will be "signs in the stars." Honestly, I've heard of echo chambers, but you guys seem to have yours limited to your own heads. Pay attention.
                                Fine. Let's say for the sake of argument that the stars are for signs. Why that particular alignment?
                                sigpic

Comment