Lack of Enthusiasm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by footwasher View Post
    PS Denying yourself isn't hanging up your brain on the hat rack when you enter the church...
    Neither is "being of one mind".

[2Co 13:11 KJV] 11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

[Phl 1:27 KJV] 27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

[Phl 2:2 KJV] 2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, [being] of one accord, of one mind.

[1Pe 3:8 KJV] 8 Finally, [be ye] all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, [be] pitiful, [be] courteous:
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Neither is "being of one mind".

[2Co 13:11 KJV] 11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

[Phl 1:27 KJV] 27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

[Phl 2:2 KJV] 2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, [being] of one accord, of one mind.

[1Pe 3:8 KJV] 8 Finally, [be ye] all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, [be] pitiful, [be] courteous:
      You mean "Being of one mind" is...

Yo' losin' it, CP...

Comment

You mean "Being of one mind" is...
        No, I meant EXACTLY what I said.

When you make a goofy statement like...

Denying yourself isn't hanging up your brain on the hat rack when you enter the church..

Just insert

Being of one mind isn't hanging up your brain on the hat rack when you enter the church..

Yo' losin' it, CP...
        Yo' lost it long ago, FW.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The collectivist societies of the world would like a word with you about calling it a 'herd mentality.'
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

When I'm in an unfamiliar town I look for a church with liturgy. (Lutheran, Anglican, Methodist) So While I may disagree with the congregation, I know the liturgy will be uniform and gospel will be presented as well as communion and the creed will be present. I do not need to be distracted by politics and I can hear God's word being spoken.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig;
              The collectivist societies of the world would like a word with you about calling it a 'herd mentality.'

Comment

No, I meant EXACTLY what I said.

When you make a goofy statement like...

Denying yourself isn't hanging up your brain on the hat rack when you enter the church..

Just insert

Being of one mind isn't hanging up your brain on the hat rack when you enter the church..

Yo' lost it long ago, FW.

Comment

How can you be of one mind if you are not using it?
                  Why don't you take that up with Apostle Paul if you should ever meet him?

Comment

Why don't you take that up
                    with Apostle Paul if you should ever meet him?
                    Did. This is what he says:

1 Corinthians 3:2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.

They were hanging on to second hand knowledge, Paul, Appolos, Luther, Carson. They were not learning from the Holy Spirit dwelling in their midst, gold and silver and precious stones,

Comment

Why don't you take that up with Apostle Paul if you should ever meet him?
                      Did. This is what he says:
                      Why does it not surprise me that you think you actually met Apostle Paul?

Comment

Why does it not surprise me that you think you actually met Apostle Paul?
                        Whoever has his name written in the book of life, even if he dies does not die. Is not God the God of the living and not of the dead?

John 11:25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

Luke 20:28So he is the God of the living, not the dead, for they are all alive to him."

Chee, I thought you knew all this.

Comment

Whoever has his name written in the book of life, even if he dies does not die. Is not God the God of the living and not of the dead?

John 11:25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

Luke 20:28So he is the God of the living, not the dead, for they are all alive to him."

Chee, I thought you knew all this.
                          I'm beginning to question your sanity.

Comment

I'm beginning to question your sanity.
                            You should get up to speed. Then we can move ahead. Try reading up stuff on the Judaism websites about the Book of Life.

Comment

You should get up to speed.
                              Maybe you should stop taking speed.

Comment

Maybe you should stop taking speed.
                                And start on the tranquilisers you feed your flock?

;-)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X