Announcement

Collapse

Ecclesiology 201 Guidelines

See more
See less

. . . the Real Presence in the Eucharist or another Jesus another gospel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And He became a baby with a soiled diaper. Why could He not become a piece of unleavened bread?
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Because a baby is a person...a wafer is not.

Plus the fact Christ is now seated at the right hand of God. He is not now a wafer.

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
        They believe it is literally the body, blood, soul and divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ and it is to be offered worship (latria).

That is worshiping a wafer god. Now if they refuse to see it that way that is their choice but the facts speak for themselves.
        You neglected to answer my question: "Have you found any Catholic theologians who agree with you that they worship a wafer god?"
        אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          You neglected to answer my question: "Have you found any Catholic theologians who agree with you that they worship a wafer god?"
          I think I qualify.

Comment

Post #130

Comment

You are welcome to go to that thread and respond accordingly. Your attempt at "shock value" simply reveals the inadequacy of your position.
              Again, you neglect to answer my questions: "Or would that be a polemical misrepresentation of Foudroyant's sacramental theology? If he has a sacramental theology? Is it of any importance whatsoever that we represent his theological convictions correctly or should we just make up the most demeaning characterization we can think of, regardless of whether or not it corresponds to his actual beliefs?"

Comment

• They worship the wafer and say "Hey, that's Jesus"!

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0074/0074_01.asp
                Last edited by foudroyant; 06-12-2014, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                  I think I qualify.
                  You'll have to convince me of that.

Comment

Post #130
                    ... was also not an answer to my question.

Comment

You'll have to convince me of that.
                      I'm a Catholic with a bachelor's degree in theology from a major Catholic University. I am familiar with, among other things, the practice of Eucharistic adoration, as well as its significance in the spiritualities of many saints, not excluding Thomas Aquinas.

Comment

• It is an answer. Don't matter nuttin if you don't like it.

Now that Sparty fessed up to it it's time for you to start dealing wit the REAL facts on hand.
                        Last edited by foudroyant; 06-12-2014, 09:31 PM.

Comment

They worship the wafer and say "Hey, that's Jesus"!

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0074/0074_01.asp
                          Comic book theology. Seriously? Isis, Horus, and Seb. Nonsense. IHS is variously interpreted as "in hoc signo" in this sign, transforming the words of Constantine, or simply the first three letters of Jesus' name. That you or your comic book theologians believe they stand for the Egyptian gods of Isis, Horus, and Seb is just anonder falsehood on your part.

Comment

• I figured you were acting stupid so I added to the comedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                              I'm a Catholic with a bachelor's degree in theology from a major Catholic University. I am familiar with, among other things, the practice of Eucharistic adoration, as well as its significance in the spiritualities of many saints, not excluding Thomas Aquinas.
                              Eucharistic adoration can be a very profound form of contemplative prayer, to God, not god. Notre Dame has a pretty good football team, but I have yet to see anyone here quote a real Catholic theologian who says that they worship a wafer god.

Comment

I figured you were acting stupid so I added to the comedy.
                                When is it ever funny to misrepresent people's beliefs? This is why your nonsense does not deserve to be taken seriously.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X