Jesus rebuking Peter for slicing the man's ear off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Differences of opinions in theology doesn't bother me, especially something as trivial as open theism vs. arminianism. If he can't figure out something so obvious as stated in the OP, then he's clearly either an idiot or he's dishonest. Either one is a major red flag.
    I'm not sure it's a matter of stupidity. Sure, the interpretation itself is stupid, but it's also overwhelmingly common in pacifist circles and while I despise pacifism I also doubt every pacifist is an idiot and I've never met a single pacifist who didn't think "he who lives by the sword" = pacifism. As I've said elsewhere, intelligence isn't automatic protection from believing stupid things. People are, if anything, more likely to use their intelligence to make a belief palatable than to dispassionately analyze data and come to a dispassionate conclusion.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment