What Would You Teach About Angels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Yeah, the flipside to the angels are evil is that demons are misunderstood and not so bad. Says an awful lot about Hollyweird and those in control of it.
    You're not suggesting they're "under the influence", are ya?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      You're not suggesting they're "under the influence", are ya?
      Suggesting?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have addressed the rankings of angels, those who are named in scripture (sorry, Raph), as well as their ministries to believers and their pronouncing of judgment on unbelievers, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Long?

It'll be a useful diversion from my current reading project, which is making my head hurt.

My Ryrie SB is also NASB.
          Hey! It's like, 18 pages! It was a lot of work for an old lady!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Hey! It's like, 18 pages! It was a lot of work for an old lady!

The operative word here is...

wait for it

"lady"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You sure did sweet talk your way out of that one, rogue-y.

Comment

You sure did sweet talk your way out of that one, rogue-y.

As I said, I love it when folks think they know what I'm gonna do.

Comment

Suggesting?
                  verb
                  gerund or present participle: suggesting

put forward for consideration.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And now the trend to portray angels as power mad homicidal maniacs (Legion, Constantine, Supernatural ...)
                    As much as I enjoy Supernatural, I do have to remind myself on occasion that it is not Christian belief that is being betrayed. Let's not even get started on "Chuck."
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                      As much as I enjoy Supernatural, I do have to remind myself on occasion that it is not Christian belief that is being betrayed. Let's not even get started on "Chuck."
                      Same here, and I've always liked Constantine although the movie was a disappointment.

Comment

Chuck? Isn't that about the nerd that gets involved with spies and stuff? As in, "stay in the car, Chuck"?

Comment

Chuck? Isn't that about the nerd that gets involved with spies and stuff? As in, "stay in the car, Chuck"?
                          I know what show you mean but I'm not referring to it. I meant the Supernatural character "Chuck."
                          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I know what show you mean but I'm not referring to it. I meant the Supernatural character "Chuck."
                            Who is supposed to be God and at best a self-absorbed whiny twit.

Comment

Ok. I've never watched Supernatural so was just thinking Chuck.

Comment

Ok. I've never watched Supernatural so was just thinking Chuck.

Yeah, he abandoned heaven without saying a word because it was too much for him

Comment