X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Watching as we speak.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I have to wonder if John Osteen was sitting there thinking, "OH, my Lord, what have I done, and how do I react to this nutcase standing there in my pulpit...."

John USED to be a great Bible Teacher - I've sat under him in "Pastor Conferences", but Joel ---- Joel is a nut that fell FAR from the tree.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I have to wonder if John Osteen was sitting there thinking, "OH, my Lord, what have I done, and how do I react to this nutcase standing there in my pulpit...."

John USED to be a great Bible Teacher - I've sat under him in "Pastor Conferences", but Joel ---- Joel is a nut that fell FAR from the tree.
        I think this lady says it all....

says it all.jpg

She ain't buyin' it.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have to wonder if John Osteen was sitting there thinking, "OH, my Lord, what have I done, and how do I react to this nutcase standing there in my pulpit...."

Yes, hopefully he did regret inviting DuPlantis to speak. I've heard that John used to actually preach the word properly. If he cared now, he would be grieving over his son.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think this lady says it all....

says it all.jpg

She ain't buyin' it.
            Yuh!

I'm surprised that image wasn't edited out when the video was released, lo, these many years ago.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Why does the temporal prosperity of some prosperity preachers feel like a divine judgment? I.e. this life is going to be the highest standard of living they'll have period. Why would anyone want their best lufe now? I'm looking forward to my best life in God's presence for eternity. Because Jesus is the difference between heaven and hell.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

It's always strange to hear this from an anti-WoF person. I enjoyed John's weekly TV broadcast back in the mid-to-late '80s when I attended a WoF church, and I've never known of him as anything other than that. AFAICT, all of his books currently available at Amazon are WoF fare.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

It's always strange to hear this from an anti-WoF person. I enjoyed John's weekly TV broadcast back in the mid-to-late '80s when I attended a WoF church, and I've never known of him as anything other than that. AFAICT, all of his books currently available at Amazon are WoF fare.
                  I have to admit I've never heard of him or read anything by him. It's only what I've heard. I do have to wonder how Joel got so bad without at least a little influence from someone else.......

Comment

I have to admit I've never heard of him or read anything by him. It's only what I've heard. I do have to wonder how Joel got so bad without at least a little influence from someone else.......
                    Joel:

John:

I've never watched Joel. Back when I watched John, he started every sermon that way.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Here's a typical sample of John from the early '80s, before I'd ever heard of him. About twenty-six minutes.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                        Why does the temporal prosperity of some prosperity preachers feel like a divine judgment? I.e. this life is going to be the highest standard of living they'll have period. Why would anyone want their best lufe now? I'm looking forward to my best life in God's presence for eternity. Because Jesus is the difference between heaven and hell.
                        One explanation I've heard is this came originally from John Calvin. People were asking how they tell if they were in the Elect and he came up with if you prosper in this world then you're in the elect. Don't know how true it is but there enough verses, especially in the Old Testament, you could make the case.

Personally, I agree with you that my best life is going to be in God's presence for eternity.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

One explanation I've heard is this came originally from John Calvin. People were asking how they tell if they were in the Elect and he came up with if you prosper in this world then you're in the elect. Don't know how true it is but there enough verses, especially in the Old Testament, you could make the case.

Personally, I agree with you that my best life is going to be in God's presence for eternity.
                          So... Most of the Apostles were not among the Elect. Most Majority World Christians are not really among the Elect.

Interesting theology.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Looks at beggar Lazarus and rich man parable. Umm....
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah, she's silly.

But JP is fairly silly also. His stodgy view of God fixates on Him as the stern King, and ignores that He is the welcoming Abba. Jesus is Lord of lords, but He also calls us His friends and brothers and sisters.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment