The Baldie Vs Mariology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    All right, guys, knock if off! How do you think Mary feels about all of you arguing about her?
    She would be aghast at people praying to/worshiping her.

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
      She would be aghast at people praying to/worshiping her.
      I dunno ... after all, she does help Notre Dame win football games.

You do know Notre Dame is the winningest team in history of college football, right?
      אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Nah dude their 4th.

Michigan is #1.

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/...hools-wins.htm

Comment

Read your own link:

Teams ranked by winning percentage

1 Notre Dame 874 305 42 .733 1221
          2 Michigan 910 321 36 .732 1267

Comment

• I went by this definition.

Winningest: having the greatest number of wins
            http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/winningest

Comment

Citing James then does not support your argument at all. It is dealing with asking those on earth to pray for you.
              You are reading that into the text. It deals with the prayers of righteous men.
              Romans 8:26-27 disproves your heretical belief that saints in heaven can be prayed to. Only God is able to fully know the mind of the Spirit - the source of which these prayers come from.
              The prayers of the saints are not the same as prayers of the Spirit. Would you please stop fighting straw-men? You might be able to make some good points if you addressed what I actually believe and not what you imagine I believe.
              Psalm 62:5 also refutes that belief that anyone other than God in heaven is to be prayed to.
              How? Is asking someone else to pray for you relying on someone other than God? Or are you back to using your special definition of prayer which we already agreed does not apply to prayer to the saints?
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I went by this definition.

Winningest: Having the greatest number of wins
                http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/winningest
                Read your own link. That definition is only applied to comparable time frames, eg, "the winningest coach in football, winningest coach in the conference, the winningest team in our school's history"

Michigan has had a football team a little longer than Notre Dame. They've won more games, but they've also lost more games. In order to have a valid comparison, you absolutely must look at winning percentage. This is how it is done in baseball. This is the only standard recognized by the College Football Data Warehouse, the College Football Reference database and even the University of Michigan Bently Historical Library. No wonder you're having credibility problems around here.
                Last edited by robrecht; 02-28-2014, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• You used a word and didn't properly define it.
                  No wonder you (and others) live in a confused Humpty Dumpty made up definitions fairly land.

Comment

You used a word and didn't properly define it.
                    No wonder you (and others) live in a confused Humpty Dumpty made up definitions fairly land.
                    I can't help it if you apply definitions in an improper and inapplicable manner. Everyone else knows what it means.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      You are reading that into the text. It deals with the prayers of righteous men.

The prayers of the saints are not the same as prayers of the Spirit. Would you please stop fighting straw-men? You might be able to make some good points if you addressed what I actually believe and not what you imagine I believe.

How? Is asking someone else to pray for you relying on someone other than God? Or are you back to using your special definition of prayer which we already agreed does not apply to prayer to the saints?
                      Men that have not departed. The context (which you continually ignore) teaches this.
                      The sainst can not fully understand the prayers of the Spirit because they do nto fully know the Spirit ...like God does. Think!
                      1 billion people asking a person on this earth to pray for them would never work. You know it and i kjnow it but you just can't shake free of the heresy you so pathetically cling to.

You too have fun with your fairy tale land of definitions.

goodbye

Comment

I can't help it if you apply definitions in an improper and inapplicable manner. Everyone else knows what it means.

No, it is YOU who should have made that clear - Webster's does not agree with you. You asserted therefore you prove.

Praying to Mary about it won't help you either.

goodbye

Comment

No, it is YOU who should have made that clear - Webster's does not agree with you. You asserted therefore you prove.

Praying to Mary about it won't help you either.

goodbye
                          BS. I could not have anticipated that you would misunderstand and misapply Webster's definition. You must have gotten your degree from the University of Michigan, I guess.

Comment

• אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

You can base your heretical prayers to Mary based on football games. How stupid.

I'll stick with what God teaches in the Bible.

Enjoy your cheering now....it won't last.

Later.......................

Comment

• אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X