Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

John 20:28, My Lord and My God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geert van den Bos View Post
    It doesn't say that,

but "in him"

ἐν αὐτῷ ἐκτίσθη τὰ πάντα = in the image of God everything was created
    Howdy, kofhy. How's the self-proclaimed Messiah schtick going?
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It doesn't say that,

but "in him"

ἐν αὐτῷ ἐκτίσθη τὰ πάντα = in the image of God everything was created
      Hey Kofthu! I was just looking at your web site. Hilarious! I especially liked the bit about the Vulcan salute!

But no, it says everything was created in and by the Son and everything holds together through him.

and in John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

So the Son existed before everything and created everything. The only being that describes is God. The Son is God. As is the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Hey Kofthu! I was just looking at your web site. Hilarious! I especially liked the bit about the Vulcan salute!

But no, it says everything was created in and by the Son and everything holds together through him.

and in John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

So the Son existed before everything and created everything. The only being that describes is God. The Son is God. As is the Father and the Holy Spirit.
        According to Rashi man was created with a seal https://www.chabad.org/library/bible...showrashi/true
        Man was made with a seal, like a coin, which is made by means of a die, which is called coin in Old French
        Same idea underlies Mark 12:15-16,

The word "inscription" returns in Mark 15:26,

Not without reason

they crucified the image of God .

Like you do.

Comment

According to Rashi man was created with a seal https://www.chabad.org/library/bible...showrashi/true

Same idea underlies Mark 12:15-16,

The word "inscription" returns in Mark 15:26,

Not without reason

they crucified the image of God .

Like you do.

Comment

I had a twitter-thread about it.

Not that you are interested, it goes above your comprehension, like also John 1:4 already said: "and the light shines in the darkness, but the darkness cannot get it"

https://twitter.com/Minkmaat/status/1204813480815140864

Comment

You are ignoring it says the Son created everything and everything is held together by his power.

16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

If Paul said that about anyone else, he would have been stoned for blasphemy by the other Christians.

Comment

• There is no other valid interpretation. The Son is before all things. That means he existed before anything was made. Only God has existed before anything was made. There is only one God. Therefore the Son is God. Jesus is the Son and is the creator of all things.

Comment

Only God has existed before anything was made.
                  How do you know?

Was there even a before?

Comment

How do you know?

Was there even a before?
                    Because I just quoted the verses in the bible that said it.

Comment

Because I just quoted the verses in the bible that said it.
                      "before" and "after" are relative, time-bound, notions.

There is no time before time.

Revelation 1:8,

Revelation 21:6,
                      I [am] the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.

Not: "I am before the beginning and after the end"

Revealtion 22:13,
                      I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

Not: "I am before the first and after the last"

Comment

"before" and "after" are relative, time-bound, notions.

There is no time before time.

Revelation 1:8,

Revelation 21:6,
                        I [am] the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.

Not: "I am before the beginning and after the end"

Revealtion 22:13,
                        I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

Not: "I am before the first and after the last"
                        Um, Revelation 22:13 is Jesus speaking.

He says he is the Alpha and Omega, the First and Last and the Beginning and End. Titles only God has.

Comment

Um, Revelation 22:13 is Jesus speaking.

He says he is the Alpha and Omega, the First and Last and the Beginning and End. Titles only God has.
                          I am as eternal as my father is.

To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life for free

for free , German "umsonst"

https://twitter.com/search?q=umsonst...rc=typed_query
                          Last edited by Geert van den Bos; 12-31-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I am as eternal as my father is.
                            what?

Comment

what?
                              German "umsonst" can denote both "in vain" and "gratis, for free".

So to realize that without man creation would have been in vain can make you live for free

Comment

German "umsonst" can denote both "in vain" and "gratis, for free".

So to realize that without man creation would have been in vain can make you live for free
                                You need to see a doctor.

Comment