No announcement yet.

Exploratory Thread: Mercenaries (3.5e)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated shield is a spell effect that can be applied to any shield type.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• It's a normal heavy steel shield, making it out of mithral would cost an extra 1000 gp.
      --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
        equipment becomes:

celestial armor +4 with moderate fortification 62400 gp
        Sorry if i am complicating this much, i hope not. The barbarian uncanny dodge ability already cover against all sneak attack, right? Or only for rouge sneak attack?

If the barbarian uncanny dodge ability already cover all sneak attacks, i am can lower my fortification to 50% if possible or to 25% (light fortification). so that i can improve the attack and damage of my other short sword.

How can they hit me with critical if i dispatched them immediately.

i hope critical hits will not happen often in the game.
        also, i have 1 damage reduction
        Last edited by Pinoy; 03-07-2014, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Pinoy; 03-06-2014, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Improved Uncanny Dodge protects against all sneak attacks by anyone without at least 4 more levels in a class that grants sneak attack (like rogue) than you have in a class that grants uncanny dodge (like barbarian). Since you have 7 or 8 levels in Barbarian, the enemy would have to be at least a level 11 or 12 rogue in order to sneak attack you successfully.

Whether you have to deal with critical hits depends on your opponent: if they're using any type of sword or crossbow, they're more more likely than usual to score critical hits. Incidentally, rogues tend to favor swords and crossbows... but if they're close enough to sneak attack you, they're probably close enough for you to smash their faces in.
            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• sorry if i am too complicating thing..

animated shield +5 49170 gp - add 5 ac
              celestial armor +4 with moderate fortification 62400 gp - protects me against critical 50%
              cloak of resistance +5 with enlarge CL2 30400 gp - add to my saves
              amulet of spell resistance 21 90000 gp - protects against spells
              ring of protection+5 50000 gp - add AC (deflection)
              ring of blinking 27000 gp - protections from incorporeal
              physical attacks are 50% chance of hitting

i can blink 20 round per encounter or per day? (blink = 1 round/level)

If i drop my shield ? can i have another sun blade? (shield is 49,170 + short sword 2,310 enough for sun blade 50,335)
              What is the best enhancement to my short sword if i drop the animated shield?

i am thinking
              instead of

In normal combat, the glowing golden blade of the weapon is equal to a +2 bastard sword. Against evil creatures, its enhancement bonus is +4. Against Negative Energy Plane creatures or undead creatures, the sword deals double damage (and ×3 on a critical hit instead of the usual ×2).

the change is

In normal combat, the glowing golden blade of the weapon is equal to a +2 bastard sword. negative eternal creature, its enhancement bonus is +4. negative or evil incorporeal creature, the sword deals double damage (and ×3 on a critical hit instead of the usual ×2).
              Last edited by Pinoy; 03-07-2014, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• You can blink with the ring an unlimited number of times per day, but you need to activate it (a standard action) to gain 7 rounds of blinking. Moderate fortification will nullify sneak attacks and critical hits 75% of the time, not 50%. There are other types of special attack that will be nullified by immunity to critical hits (e.g. wounding weapons, stunning fist) but we aren't likely to encounter those very often. While blinking, your weapons will effectively be halfway to being ghost touch (only a 20% chance of missing due to being ethereal or physical instead of 50%).

An alternative to a sun blade +4/+6 plus normal short sword +1 is to have two sun blades , both of them +2/+4, this will only cost 25 gp more. You wouldn't need to lose the shield to do that, and the shield will give you +7 AC (+2 for the shield itself, another +5 due to the enhancement).

Discarding the fortification altogether will save you 39,000 gp. Doing this and leaving out the see invisibility will save you 44,630 in total, which would enable you to have the two sun blades each +3/+5 (or each with a different enhancement worth a +1 bonus), the difference between a +5 weapon (50,000) and a +6 weapon (72,000) is 22,000 gp. You can always have someone cast the see invisibility with permanency on Farris at a later date (after we've made some money).
                Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 03-07-2014, 09:01 AM.

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• i am thinking
                  instead of

In normal combat, the glowing golden blade of the weapon is equal to a +2 bastard sword. Against evil creatures, its enhancement bonus is +4. Against Negative Energy Plane creatures or undead creatures, the sword deals double damage (and ×3 on a critical hit instead of the usual ×2).

the change is

In normal combat, the glowing golden blade of the weapon is equal to a +2 bastard sword. negative eternal creature, its enhancement bonus is +4. negative or evil incorporeal creature, the sword deals double damage (and ×3 on a critical hit instead of the usual ×2).

Comment

• What's a negative eternal creature? Incorporeal creatures are immune to critical hits, so I think it'd be better to just leave it as it is, incorporeal creatures are basically all undead, so it's already covered, maybe add ghost touch to one of your sun blades and pick something else for the other one (or leave it as +3) if you really want to cover more options.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Discarding the fortification altogether will save you 39,000 gp. Doing this and leaving out the see invisibility will save you 44,630 in total, which would enable you to have the two sun blades each +3/+5 (or each with a different enhancement worth a +1 bonus), the difference between a +5 weapon (50,000) and a +6 weapon (72,000) is 22,000 gp. You can always have someone cast the see invisibility with permanency on Farris at a later date (after we've made some money).
                      ok the shield stays.. discarding the fortification seem good. what is the cost of each sun blade with the additional enhancement of +1 bonus or (+3/+5). i will probable go into +1 bonus if i can find a good +1 bonus enhancement
                      Last edited by Pinoy; 03-07-2014, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• the cost of each sun blade (+3/+5 or equivalent) will be 72,335 gp

A Hope That Burns

Comment

the cost of each sun blade (+3/+5 or equivalent) will be 72,335 gp
                          Thanks you for being patient with me

Comment

• if i will just have the two sun blades, where can i best use the 46,940 gp (39,000 from fortification; 2,310 for the short sword, 5,630 see invisibility)

or atleast - 42,310 (39,000+2310) i will retain the see invisibility

will this add to my armour.
                            Bracers of Armor
                            These items appear to be wrist or arm guards. They surround the wearer with an invisible but tangible field of force, granting him an armor bonus of +1 to +8, just as though he were wearing armor. Both bracers must be worn for the magic to be effective.

Moderate conjuration; CL 7th; Craft Wondrous Item, mage armor, creator’s caster level must be at least two times that of the bonus placed in the bracers; Price 1,000 gp (+1), 4,000 gp (+2), 9,000 gp (+3), 16,000 gp (+4), 25,000 gp (+5), 36,000 gp (+6), 49,000 gp (+7), 64,000 gp (+8); Weight 1 lb.
                            Last edited by Pinoy; 03-07-2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Whirlwind Attack [General]
                              Prerequisites
                              Dex 13, Int 13, Combat Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, base attack bonus +4.

Benefit
                              When you use the full attack action, you can give up your regular attacks and instead make one melee attack at your full base attack bonus against each opponent within reach.

When you use the Whirlwind Attack feat, you also forfeit any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats, spells, or abilities.

What is the effect of my sun blade when i use whirlwind? will the sun blade effect becomes bastard sword? If i drop this feat what is the next best thing.
                              Last edited by Pinoy; 03-07-2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Calm down. Just like the feat says, you're trading all of your regular attacks for one attack on every enemy in reach. It doesn't affect the special abilities of your weapon. The bolded portion refers to feats like the two-handed weapon feats and spells and abilities like Haste. It doesn't suddenly ignore your weapons' bonus damage, it just means you can't use the whirlwind attack and then use other attacks on the same turn.
                                Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X