No announcement yet.

Exploratory Thread: Mercenaries (3.5e)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone actually heard from Chrs? I think I've seen him once since the thread started.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
      Has anyone actually heard from Chrs? I think I've seen him once since the thread started.
      He's been busy. He has a basic idea for his build (Wizard/Loremaster/Archmage) but I don't know many details.
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Read Post #1, #18, and then start again around Post #258 and read from there (though you could probably skip to Post #322).

For IC and OBP's benefit, current classes are as follows:

Chrs: Druid - 7; Wizard - 20
        Spartacus: Barbarian/Bard - 7; Ranger/Horizon Walker - 20
        Ben Zwycky: Rogue - 7; Ranger/Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple - 20
        Pinoy: Ranger/Wizard - 7; Fighter/Barbarian - 20
        Chaotic Void: Cleric - 7; Paladin/Grey Guard - 20
        Yep most of the post here are from me asking for help and Ben Zwycky helping me out.

With my many post, i earned tweb points.
        Last edited by Pinoy; 03-20-2014, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Fair enough on the celestial armor variant.

Links to my character sheets are here:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ll=1#post29081

Crossbow Sniper Feat description is here:

http://dndtools.eu/feats/players-han...w-sniper--488/
          Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 03-21-2014, 08:37 AM.
          --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• Carrik, since in this world all the dragons went extinct a very long time ago, does that mean our druid characters can't get any dragonhide armor, or did someone manage to develop some sort of substitute for that/ this new world works differently in some way?

Also for our druids, would bracers of mighty fists lose their functionality while in wild shape (since that's what they would be bought for, if anything)?
            Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 03-21-2014, 10:57 AM.

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
              Carrik, since in this world all the dragons went extinct a very long time ago, does that mean our druid characters can't get any dragonhide armor, or did someone manage to develop some sort of substitute for that/ this new world works differently in some way?
              Call it wyvern-hide or something.

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
              Also for our druids, would bracers of mighty fists lose their functionality while in wild shape (since that's what they would be bought for, if anything)?
              They would, yes. Armor and shields can get the Wild ability, though.
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• --------------------------------------------------------

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• Ben, you might want to pare that advice down for a 7th level character with appropriate WBL instead of a 20th.
                  Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• I thought IC was going for a 20th level druid and OBP for a 20th level cleric?

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• Final final character sheet

Level 7 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/uftswl2x4w32sjj/Amal.xls
                      Level 20 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldw0ds554yaiz72/Farris.xls

Ready to roll...

Comment

• Question: The equipments bought by the guild can be shared (use by anyone in any adventure) but how about the equipments we bought?
                        Are equipments we have belongs to the guild?
                        Are the equipments we bought can be used only when we are with the party?

Also, if owners (level 20 PC's) want to buy equipments does the guild be the one to buy it (thus belonging to the guild) or the owner received some gp? I am just asking because I wanted to buy ring for my use (how will i have gp? is the share also 95% guild 5% PC?).

Also, if the guild have powerful equipment how can we determine who can use it? can it be use by level 1 member?

Comment

• For the last question, that's up to us to use our judgement, giving high-powered equipment to very weak characters increases the chances of that item being lost on a given quest. We're pooling our resources to form the guild, All equipment belongs to the guild, so if you want to replace your equipment with something radically better, your old item can be given to someone else in the guild as soon as your new item is ready, saving the guild the amount it would have needed to buy it. As an owner, none of us would force you to give up any item bought for you, so in all aspects it's effectively yours despite being actually owned by the guild. Together we'll decide on items to buy (that'll usually mean a certain 'allowance' each for new items and upgrades, but we can be flexible) That 5% is for you to use for other things, whatever you want really.

OBP, for your cleric, if you take the Eschew Materials feat and maximise your spellcraft skill, then if you get to level 23 you can take Ignore Material Components, which would mean True Resurrection for free. That would massively help our guild finances and attrition rate (as long as we don't lose your cleric, that is :) )

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• Carrik, what do you think of the Rapid Spell feat?

http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-di...d-spell--2378/

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
                              Carrik, what do you think of the Rapid Spell feat?

http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-di...d-spell--2378/
                              I think I'd prefer you stick to basic feats.
                              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I think I'd prefer you stick to basic feats.
                                Fair enough. IC, OBP? How are you doing with your characters?

A Hope That Burns

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X