No announcement yet.

Exploratory Thread: Mercenaries (3.5e)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacred bonus to saves costs 2,000 gp times the bonus squared, so that would be 18,000 gp instead of 9,000.

I'm not sure whether I miscalculated before, or missed an earlier mistake you made, but standard celestial armor +3 is 22,400 gp. 9,000 of that cost is due to enhancement, leaving 13,400 gp to add your enhancement cost to.

+5 enhancement cost is 25,000 gp, add that to 13,400 gives 38,400, not 32,400 gp.

I've settled on the final version of my dragon disciple and his equipment, taking a little inspiration from Pinoy's character and Pending approval from Carrik. He's now a ranger 6 / sorc 1 / barbarian 1 / fighter 2 / dragon disciple 10
    Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 03-13-2014, 10:03 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
      Carrik, could I go for a Hand of Sanctity (the same as a Hand of Glory but with a +2 sacred bonus to saves instead of the daylight once per day) for 11,900 gp? (I took the cost of daylight once per day {5400 gp} off the Hand of Glory, multiplied the remainder by 1.5 and added 8,000 gp for a +2 sacred bonus to saves)
      That's fine.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• How is everyone coming on character creation?
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
          How is everyone coming on character creation?
          I've got my L20 Gray Guard's sheet made, I'm just working on Magic Items. My L7 Cleric is still on the drawing board.
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• I'm done, pending approval.

High-Level character:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20lvl%2020.pdf

Low-level character:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20lvl%207.pdf
            Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 03-13-2014, 10:14 AM.

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Sacred bonus to saves costs 2,000 gp times the bonus squared, so that would be 18,000 gp instead of 9,000.

I'm not sure whether I miscalculated before, or missed an earlier mistake you made, but standard celestial armor +3 is 22,400 gp. 9,000 of that cost is due to enhancement, leaving 13,400 gp to add your enhancement cost to.

+5 enhancement cost is 25,000 gp, add that to 13,400 gives 38,400, not 32,400 gp.

I've settled on the final version of my dragon disciple and his equipment, taking a little inspiration from Pinoy's character and Pending approval from Carrik. He's now a ranger 6 / sorc 1 / barbarian 1 / fighter 2 / dragon disciple 10
              Noted i will drop sacred bonus to cover the 6,000gp for the celestial armor. I will save the 3,000gp for later.

Comment

• For my high level, character i am planning to have ranger 2, barbarian 8, fighter 10,
                The level 2 ranger will cover for my two-fighting feat and the ranger can activate the wand. If this is the case, what is my favored class so that i will not incur amy penalty. By thi, i have the same feat

Or would it better ranger 6, barbarian 8, fighter 6. I think my feat will be the same.
                Last edited by Pinoy; 03-13-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                  I've got my L20 Gray Guard's sheet made, I'm just working on Magic Items. My L7 Cleric is still on the drawing board.
                  Need any help with that? I'll try to be less complex than with Pinoy.

I'm not familiar with Gray Guard, does it work that much differently to a paladin? Is there a breakdown of the differences available online?

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
                    For my high level, character i am planning to have ranger 2, barbarian 8, fighter 10,
                    The level 2 ranger will cover for my two-fighting feat and the ranger can activate the wand. If this is the case, what is my favored class so that i will not incur amy penalty. By thi, i have the same feat

Or would it better ranger 6, barbarian 8, fighter 6. I think my feat will be the same.
                    All your non-favoured classes have to be within one level of each other to avoid penalties, so 6/6/8 would work with barbarian as your favoured class, 2/8/10 would run into trouble. Ranger 6 Fighter 6 would mean the same feats you have now plus track, because it would give you two-weapon fighting, endurance and improved two-weapon fighting instead of three fighter feats. It'd also give you some limited spellcasting (so you could use the wand, yes, plus you get 2 ranger level 1 spells of your choice per day, but you have to choose which two at the start of the day), an animal companion and two favoured enemies to choose from.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Need any help with that? I'll try to be less complex than with Pinoy.

I'm not familiar with Gray Guard, does it work that much differently to a paladin? Is there a breakdown of the differences available online?
                      Basically, it's a Prestige Class (I'm going Paladin 10/Gray Guard 10) that lets my Character act outside the restrictions of the Paladin's Code ONLY for the Greater Good (Though, if he's found to have grossly abused said ability, whether via council or Deity, he cannot seek atonement). His 'Smite Evil' also becomes Justice Blade (which, at higher levels, lets him add the bonus damage to ANY target he hits, not just Evil Ones). He can also use Lay on Hands to attack enemies (though non-evil characters get a Will Save to halve the damage).

That list you provided earlier was quite sufficient for magic items. Not sure about Metamagic Rods, though. I might go with Maximize just to make sure his heals count, but at the same time, a Wand of Cure Critical Wounds wouldn't hurt either.
                      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                        Basically, it's a Prestige Class (I'm going Paladin 10/Gray Guard 10) that lets my Character act outside the restrictions of the Paladin's Code ONLY for the Greater Good (Though, if he's found to have grossly abused said ability, whether via council or Deity, he cannot seek atonement). His 'Smite Evil' also becomes Justice Blade (which, at higher levels, lets him add the bonus damage to ANY target he hits, not just Evil Ones). He can also use Lay on Hands to attack enemies (though non-evil characters get a Will Save to halve the damage).

That list you provided earlier was quite sufficient for magic items. Not sure about Metamagic Rods, though. I might go with Maximize just to make sure his heals count, but at the same time, a Wand of Cure Critical Wounds wouldn't hurt either.
                        That it wouldn't. We'd probably need some diamond dust for restoration, if you can cast that as a Gray Guard. How about a phylactery of undead turning, or is turning undead not a priority?

A Hope That Burns

Comment

That it wouldn't. We'd probably need some diamond dust for restoration, if you can cast that as a Gray Guard. How about a phylactery of undead turning, or is turning undead not a priority?
                          That depends on what quests we take.
                          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• I suppose so, but myself and Pinoy have weapons that do double damage against undead, so it's not unrealistic that we'd choose that kind of mission.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• So why Turn them when you can easily turn them to dust?
                              Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• True enough, turning not a priority then. Are your characters all ready then, Spart?

A Hope That Burns

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X