No announcement yet.

Exploratory Thread: Mutants and Masterminds 2e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't had time to do anything with it this week. Should have time by Tuesday.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Haven't had time to do anything with it this week. Should have time by Tuesday.
      Okee dokee.

As it stands, MaxVel and Carrik are the only people I have character sheets from.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
        Okee dokee.

As it stands, MaxVel and Carrik are the only people I have character sheets from.
        Speaking of which, folks...

How are the characters coming along?

Comment

Sowwy - it was a really busy week-end...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So... Uh... Anyone home?

Comment

Still here....

If anyone needs help with a build I might be able to assist...
              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                Still here....

If anyone needs help with a build I might be able to assist...
                Ooh, ooh, pick me! I need help!
                Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

As soon as I finish my character in IC's game I'll work on this one.

In other words, I will be begging for help shortly.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                    Ooh, ooh, pick me! I need help!
                    With the first pick of the 2014 M&M draft, MaxVel chooses.....

Spartacus!

A prolific scorer out of Hashtag, Nevada. Raised on the banks of the Tiber, Spartacus is noted for his feisty defense and creativity on offense.

{PM me what you have so far, or post it here....}

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                      With the first pick of the 2014 M&M draft, MaxVel chooses.....

Spartacus!

A prolific scorer out of Hashtag, Nevada. Raised on the banks of the Tiber, Spartacus is noted for his feisty defense and creativity on offense.

{PM me what you have so far, or post it here....}
                      The concept is: legend of zelda-themed lunatic who uses a mask to transform into various characters from the series. I have a few specific ideas for powers, but I really don't know what makes a good MnM character. I'm looking for an overall blueprint to make this furniture work.

We have a total of 130 points to distribute. I can spend about 50 to get device 16 with easy-to-lose, which in turn gets me 10 ranks of shapeshift, which means each power setting gets 50 points to distribute.

The base character (minus the mask) will have the ability to summon angry swarms of chickens (summon minion) and a surprising amount of storage space (extra-dimensional space): together, they shouldn't need to take up more than 10-15 PP, which leaves 65-70 for the base character.

The first three mask settings I have planned are based on the transformation masks from Majora's Mask.

Pretty flexible other than that. Basically, I need to know what the base character and the transformations will need to make a viable overall character.
                      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        As soon as I finish my character in IC's game I'll work on this one.

In other words, I will be begging for help shortly.
                        PM me when you get to that point. I'll be able to help you with that.

Comment

• Can I get some expert help? :p
                          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                          -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          I support the :
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                            Can I get some expert help? :p
                            Sure. Shoot me a PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                              The concept is: legend of zelda-themed lunatic who uses a mask to transform into various characters from the series. I have a few specific ideas for powers, but I really don't know what makes a good MnM character. I'm looking for an overall blueprint to make this furniture work.

We have a total of 130 points to distribute. I can spend about 50 to get device 16 with easy-to-lose, which in turn gets me 10 ranks of shapeshift, which means each power setting gets 50 points to distribute.

The base character (minus the mask) will have the ability to summon angry swarms of chickens (summon minion) and a surprising amount of storage space (extra-dimensional space): together, they shouldn't need to take up more than 10-15 PP, which leaves 65-70 for the base character.

The first three mask settings I have planned are based on the transformation masks from Majora's Mask.

Pretty flexible other than that. Basically, I need to know what the base character and the transformations will need to make a viable overall character.

Ok...

For the chicken summon you could use this:

Summon (Minion) Power Rank 1 [Feat: Progression 6; Extra: Horde] 8pp
                              Can summon 100 Chickens as one standard action; 15pp per chicken

Options you could add to the power:
                              Progression 7 (summon 250 chickens) +1pp
                              Feat: Mental Link (allows communication over any distance) +1pp
                              Power Rank 2 (gives you 30pp to build a mean chicken) +1pp
                              Extra: Duration (Sustained to Continuous) +1pp/PR - the chickens would be around until you dismiss them, without you having to spend any effort or concentration to maintain them.

Next:

Dimensional Pocket Power Rank 4 8pp
                              Allows storage of 1,000 lbs of stuff

Options:
                              PR 5, can store 2,500 lbs, +2pp
                              PR 6, can store 10,000 lbs, +4pp

Depending on the character concept (and with CV's approval) you could perhaps make the Summon power an Alternate Power of the Dimensional Pocket. Benefit: Costs less pp; drawback: you can't use both at the same time (You couldn't access the pocket while summoning chickens, or summon chickens while using the pocket). You would be storing stuff in the 'Chicken dimension', from where you can also summon a horde of loyal followers...

This would look like:

Dimensional Pocket PR 4 9pp
                              (can store 1,000 lbs)
                              Alternate Power: Summon (Minion) Power Rank 1 [Feat: Progression 6; Extra: Horde] 8pp
                              Can summon 100 Chickens as one standard action; 15pp per chicken

For the rest of the base character I think you should carefully choose skills and feats, abilities and saves that are going to be helpful when you're in your different mask forms.

The Mask:

(I'm not at all familiar with Zelda)

I think you could build the Mask as a Device (as you suggest), perhaps with the Restricted Feat (+1pp, limits it to only people of a certain bloodline, or with certain stats (eg Wis 20), or only women, etc)

I don't think you need to use Shapeshift: that seems to be a power for changing into any one of a bunch of related forms (eg Shapeshift into any land animal)

I think perhaps Alternate Form is better.

So:

Alternate Form Power Rank 10
                              Base Form: 'Goron' form
                              {50pp to build whatever powers needed}
                              Alternate Power: 'Deku' form
                              {50pp to build}
                              Alternate Power: 'Mogma' form
                              {50pp to build}

etc (use whatever forms you want)

Cost: 50pp, plus 1pp per Alternate Power

Each form would effectively be a separate character build

Comment

• Switch out the Mogma for a Zora. Majora's Mask didn't have Mogma's, I think they first showed up in Skyward Sword.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X