Pathfinder One-Shot: Any Takers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, I wonder if I could talk CV into letting me have a pet meatshield
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Hmmm, I wonder if I could talk CV into letting me have a pet meatshield
      Played in a game many years ago where there was a lot of conflict among the players and their characters. Much of the problem was due to a Kender that one of the players had who was constantly permanently "borrowing" items from other party members. One time it resulted in the death of a Barbarian character who as he lay mortally wounded discovered that his Potions of Extra Healing had gone missing. He was raised but lost a point in Constitution which at his level cost him a dozen hit points permanently lost.

The Barbarian bore a grudge and had a score to settle.

One time while in a dungeon as we could hear a large force of I forget what kind of monsters approaching in the distance. The Barbarian poured some Sovereign Glue onto the front of his shield while the Kender Thief was listening to see if he could tell what and how many of them were approaching. The Barbarian then used his shield to push the Kender from behind into a wall thus affixing him to the front of his shield and then charged the enemy. The Kender had no choice but to use his short sword while stuck to the front of the shield.

He didn't survive.

Every time I hear someone use the expression "meat shield" I cannot help but think of the time a character quite literally became one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Been about a week since the last update from CV. I'm guessing we're all still interested in playing?
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

And here I was feeling embarrassed when I realized how long it had been since I checked this thread...

I'm still here!

Comment

Me, too!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Me three.
                  My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Having driver issues but I am still here!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Has anyone heard from CV recently?

Comment

• CV's not been feeling well lately. Had to spend my three-day weekend making trips to the hospital due to an impacted colon. I'm still not 100%, but I'll see what I can do in the next week or two.
                        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                          CV's not been feeling well lately. Had to spend my three-day weekend making trips to the hospital due to an impacted colon. I'm still not 100%, but I'll see what I can do in the next week or two.
                          Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

• Take your time and get better soon!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Hoping I have judged this correctly as being "Reasonable to keep the thread moving, while killing two birds with one stone" rather than "Threadjack":

I have game I am running on another site (GitP), that only has two players. Which would be fine, if it weren't for the fact that it is a "figure out what is actually going on here so you can fix the problem" type game. I could at least use some kibbitzers*. Would linking the IC thread or describing what is going on there be acceptable either here (before CV returns), or in a separate thread?

*More players who will actually stick with the game would probably be too much to hope for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draco Dei View Post
                                Hoping I have judged this correctly as being "Reasonable to keep the thread moving, while killing two birds with one stone" rather than "Threadjack":

I have game I am running on another site (GitP), that only has two players. Which would be fine, if it weren't for the fact that it is a "figure out what is actually going on here so you can fix the problem" type game. I could at least use some kibbitzers*. Would linking the IC thread or describing what is going on there be acceptable either here (before CV returns), or in a separate thread?

*More players who will actually stick with the game would probably be too much to hope for.
                                PM a mod to make the request.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X