Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Okay. Congrats, you now have a knocked out sphinx.]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

[And I didn't even have to do anything (yay travel!)! But if I did, I would have gotten a few attacks of opportunity, I think ]
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

[I say we hog-tie the thing and let the goats use it as a head-butting bag. ]
        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Or we could hog-tie it, wait for it to revive, and see if it has any relevant information to divulge in exchange for release.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

As you're debating, the smallest goat gallops off toward the bridge, yelling, "Yay! Food! Thanks, Mister Fighter Men!"

The middle sized one follows after a look at its larger sibling. Evidently someone needs to supervise.

The smallest hits the bridge at full gallop and is midway across when a long, light blue tentacle emerges from the water below the bridge and grabs the little fellow. It bellows in fear and its brother charges to its aid. The largest, who had waited to thank you more politely, races to save his siblings.

Actions?
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[how far away is this from where we are?]

Comment

[About forty yards.]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[40 yards is 3 times my movement. dem goats move fast.]

Siri moves 80 feet toward the bridge.

Comment

Twig grabs his bow, moves a few yards toward the bridge [just enough to lose the negative distance modifier], and aims an arrow toward the base of the tentacle:

[18+16=34; damage=1+8=9]
                    Last edited by One Bad Pig; 09-15-2014, 08:50 PM.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Gades heads into the direction of the battle (His movement Speed is 50 ft), chugging a Potion of CMW as he goes (2d8 + 3 = 8 + 1 + 3 = 12)

Comment

• Twig nails the tentacle and it drops the goat then sinks below the bridge. There are two more coming up (one on either side) however.

The two larger goats arrive and the middle tosses the smallest to the largest. The largest throws the smallest out of harms way. The middle, still on the bridge, trips over an emerging tentacle which tries but fails to grapple it.

Actions?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Siri moves 10 feet away from one of the tentacles (let's say the one on the right side of the bridge), then attacks it with her spiked chain.

[hit: 13d20+8=21
                          7 damage]

Comment

• Siri moves 10 feet away from one of the tentacles (let's say the one on the right side of the bridge), then attacks it with her spiked chain.

[hit: 13d20+8=21
                            7 damage]

Comment

• Gades remembers that they currently have a prisoner to detain, and runs back to stop her from escaping, should she regain consciousness.

Comment

• Twig shoots the tentacle on the left:
                                [17+16=33; damage=7+8=15]
                                sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X