No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[I think the Party is just at a loss of words for how terrible this Sphinx is... did it flunk Riddle School's Kindergarten?]
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

[No, that would be an improvement on this sphinx' riddle abilities. Incidentally, from the look on its face it's going from 'confused' to 'massively annoyed' at about 60 mph...]
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Gades catches onto the rhyme... at least until the Sphinx wrenches it with that last line after the pause. He ponders for a moment, even appearing to count on his fingers several times before he catches himself, then responds, "There is at least one person: You, and anyone traveling alongside you to St. Ives. That could very well include the man and his collection of wives, sacks, cats, and kits... but if you're going to be vague in your questioning, then I will do likewise with my answer."

Comment

The sphinx sputters and growls. It seems too mad to do anything for a second, then it yells, "Wrong! Now I eat you!"

The sphinx leaps toward Gabe. Actions?

[Now is a good time to ask - would you prefer group or individual initiative? Needless to say, roll it along with any attacks/damage. Unless you are feeling generous enough to give the poor thing a free meal? ]
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[Initiative: 15 + 3 = 18. ETA: regarding Group/Individual Initiative, I vote for Individual Initiative. Were this a large battle, I'd say 'Group']

Feeling sorry for this poor Gabe fellow, Gades unleashes a Flurry of Blows towards the Sphinx. "Cheater! Go back to the Land of Inversions where you came from!"

Blow 1: 11 + 9 = 20. Damage = 6 + 4 + 3 = 13
            Blow 2: 6 + 9 = 15. Damage = 2 + 6 + 3 = 11

[Oh, and my AC is 19.]

Comment

The sphinx strikes first, landing a moderate blow [-10] with its claws while taking considerable punishment from Gabe (Oww!). Landing, it turns and attacks again.

Actions?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[Is everybody in melee range at this point, or did the others not involved in the initial exchange have an opportunity to move away?]
                Initiative=14+4=18
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

[You are all in melee range. Sphinx acts before you do. ]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Twig unlimbers his longsword and takes a swing.
                    [10+10=20; damage=8+4=12]
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

[Waiting for CV's attack. You doing anything, Spart?]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Undaunted by his injuries, Gades unleashes another Flurry of Blows, attempting to take the Sphinx down.

Blow 1: 7 + 9 = 16. 4 + 4 + 3 = 11 Damage.
                        Blow 2: 13 + 9 = 22. 1 + 1 + 3 = 5 Damage.

Comment

[What did it ever do to you? ]

The now badly battered sphinx manages a couple claw strikes on Gabe [18 dam total] then turns tale and runs. You can hear its feminine voice crying like a little girl as it heads off.

[Yes, you can both attack as the poor thing flees...]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Gades, smarting from the last blow (25/53 HP), tries to land a nasty haymaker as the Sphinx runs away.

[To hit: 14 + 10 = 24. Damage = 5 + 6 + 3 = 14]

Comment

[Wait, what? Are you doing blunt damage or weapon?]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[Blunt.]

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X