No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twig swaps weapons, readies his shield, and takes a swing at the dire wolf with his longsword:

[attack=20+11=31, crit check=8+11=19; damage=8+4+3+4=19]
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [Spart, I thought you were by the door? My bad. There's a nice dire wolf coming your way next round and you can beat on any bird in the place.

Oh, guys, snakes in two rounds... just sayin'... ]Dice Roller.jpg

[ Y'all would never believe me if I didn't show you...

They read bottom to top. The first two were birds that evidently can't hit a barn door let alone Siri and Twig. The third was the leopard and the fourth the dire wolf.

]

Twig mangles up my perfectly good dire wolf which then manages to bite its own leg trying to attack him. It has had enough - it slinks out the door (yes, you can put it out of its miserly). The leopard isn't dead despite getting the crap kicked out of it and managing to break its leg falling down. It starts limping away, too.

Most of the other critters are scattering randomly now. The dire wolves, not counting their mutilated companions, are out for blood. One is eyeing Siri and the other remaining one is looking at Gades, but neither is charging yet. Snakes are everywhere and birds are running into walls (stupid birds).

Outside you hear "We can't kill a freaking dragon!!!!" "It's not a dragon!" "Am too!"
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• [I assume that's an attack of opportunity; (attack=5+11=16; damage=2+4=6 if that connects); otherwise, Twig lets it go]

Twig reverts to his bow and aims at the nearest snake: attack=13+15=28; damage=1+9=10

[I assume these are venomous snakes?]
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Gades will ready to attack the first animal to attack him. [To hit: 26 and 21. Damage is 9 and 9]
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• [ Last time I ever use random encounter rules. My bad...]

[Yes, the snakes are venomous, well, at least most of them are. The king snakes, not so much... Yes, attack of opportunity. Poor wolfie...]

Another dire wolf dies - poor thing. The other four leopards are either making for other exits or hiding under the table. Snakes are everywhere.

Three dire wolves are left. One for each. Twig and Gades both hit theirs. Twig's manages a bite/claw attack (11 pts). Gades' manages to miss again. but at least didn't hurt itself...

Yo, Siri?

Actions?
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [wait... I thought the only one left by Twig was running away, and my AoO did it in. ]
              sigpic

Comment

• [Ack, my bad. Number five can't attack until next round. Forget it. You can shoot him, however.]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Twig switches targets to the dire wolf barreling in:
                  attack=4+15=19; damage=3+9=12
                  sigpic

Comment

• [Attacking any hostiles near me: 13 and 21. 7 and 13 damage, respectively]

Comment

• Siri attacks the nearest enemy. [10d20+8=18 to hit, 6 damage]
                      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• [You guys could miss once in a while, you know... ]

Twig nails the dire wolf and is nailed in return (crit!!! Finally! All of 13 pts... ). The other wolves are hit and the one Gades keeps pummeling looks none too healthy, but both are still on their feet.

Neither can bite worth a darn, however.

Outside, it's getting hard to tell who's fighting what. They seem to be arguing over whether the thing is a dragon and whether or not to attack it. A lot of yelling but no blows that you hear.

Oh, and the snakes finally get to Gades. The big nasty looking viper is hissing at you.

Actions?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [Ow!] Twig swaps weapons again, readies his shield, and takes a swing at the dire wolf with his longsword:

[attack=6+11=17; damage=5+4=9 if that hits (doing my best to miss with my last two rolls)]
                          sigpic

Comment

• [The effort is appreciated...
                            <looks up better monsters>]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [Crushing the snake. 28 and 22 to hit. 15 and 10 Damage, respectively.]

Comment

• [ Do I kill your NPC nasties in your game, huh?

I mean, would I had I ever joined like I planned? ]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X