No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gades catches a faint sound above Uncle's laughter. It seems distant - and large. As he listens, the noise is growing loader with the laughter - it's obvious now that Uncle is trying to prevent it being noticed.

Uncle offers no resistance to being gagged. He merely snorts contemptuously. Now Gades can hear the noise distinctly - foot falls, very, very big ones. And they don't seem to be alone...

Twig and Siri don't hear the foot falls for several moments - and when they finally do, it's like a Giant's reunion coming up the cavernous entryway...

Actions?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Twig looks for the source of the threat.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Back in the 'living room', Twig can distinctly hear the footfalls drawing closer. They are coming from the rear of the cavern - there's plenty of cover (boxes, furnishings - think mid century modern in the middle of a big move - all over the place) if he wants to get closer.

[If he wants to get close enough for a visual, roll a check and just don't crit fail. Other than that, it's not a problem for him to get a look at what's coming - I did mention 'plenty of cover', right?]
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [managed to not crit fail (4)]
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            [managed to not crit fail (4)]
            [Sheesh - just barely!]

Rubbing a toe he stubbed as he got into position, Twig begins to see the group coming out of the gloom. Four giants, varied types, two ogres and a tiny Halfling child riding atop of a hill giant's great club. She seems excited.

"We're home! We're home!" she squeals delightedly.

"Are you sure this time?" A frost giant asks skeptically. His voice is abnormally hushed, as if he were aware that his voice is louder than his audience can tolerate normally.

"Uh-huh! See! There's an ottoman and a settee and a umbrella stand and a TV - nobody but Granpa and Granma would have those! Home! Home! Home!"

"Finally." A female ogre sighs, "This nightmare is almost over..."

"Quit kidding yourself." A male fire giant replies, "That ha... er, her grandmother is still gonna want someone to go after that... er, you know..."

"That wasn't the deal!" The female stone giant snorts, "We held up our end. Besides, we don't even know which princess to look for."

The male ogre shakes his head, "Would it really matter? She's got us where she wants us. I'm not sure which is worse, her or that... er, you know..." He casts a concerned glance at the little one who seems oblivious to the implications of her companions.

"I wanna see Granpa and Granma and eat cake!" the tiny Halfling child squeals.

"Well, if you're right, it shouldn't be long now..." The female ogre replies gently.

Twig notices something odd - none of the party, excepting the child, seems 'in character' for their race. The giants converse intelligently and in voices appropriate to the surroundings. The ogres speak well - not at all what one would expect. They are all clothed and equipped as expected, although the female ogre is carrying a silken pouch that seems very out of place.

Back in the dining room, Uncle seems to be falling asleep...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [O-kay... moving right along...]

The giants and ogres keep moving straight toward the main 'living room'. As they pass his position, Twig gets a better look. They are all worse for wear - they've been fighting and probably recently.

The tiny halfling has visible bruises on her face and arms. They appear older than the various wounds/bruises visible on the remainder of the party. She is also noticeably in the center of the party and well protected from attack. She seems perfectly at ease with her companions and is describing her favorite ice cream to the hill giant who nods appreciatively as she talks.

As they pass, the little halfling looks inquisitively toward where Twig is hiding but doesn't seem to see him. At least, she says nothing and instead asks the hill giant about his favorite ice cream. He sighs and says he favors something called ambrosia ice that his mother made when he was a child.

Twig knows exactly what it is - it's a common enough dessert for elves but he's never seen it offered anywhere outside of Elven territories.

Back in the dining room, the atmosphere is changing for the worst - it literally is beginning to stink. Looking at the table the reason is obvious - the food has begun to rot at an incredible rate. Siri knows why - it's a rare form of magic that uses food both as the material component and the casting mechanism. If the spell is not cast quickly enough, the 'food' rots away. Siri also knows that it takes a fairly high level caster to cast such spells. [roll for any additional info]

Uncle is sleeping. Strange, that he can just drift off bound up like that....

Actions?

[Anyone? Questioning Uncle? Getting back to the party to tell them what you saw? Taking a nap? ]
              Last edited by Teallaura; 12-16-2014, 12:08 PM.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Twig clears his throat. "Er, hullo?"
                sigpic

Comment

• [3 on the die, and I don't recall offhand what my bonus is (8, I think), but it's not nearly enough for any interesting info ]
                  Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• The entire party whirls, weapons at the ready. The hill giant with his tiny cargo takes a defensive position. The rest look ready for a fight.

"Who's there?" the female ogre demands, taking a step behind the frost giant and putting her hand in her pouch.

Meanwhile, back on the farm Siri struggles to remember more information but only manages to start a lovely headache...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Twig eases into sight, hands clear of weapons, confusion writ clearly on his face. "Twig. Pardon me for asking, but. . . how did a hill giant come to make ambrosia ice cream?"
                      sigpic

Comment

• "Who are you calling a hill... oh..." The hill giant begins to respond.

"I like you." the halfling child assures him.

The female ogre glares at Twig, "You mean you're not..."

"Of course he's not." The female stone giant snorts. "He wouldn't be asking." She turns to Twig, "A'rlen isn't a hill giant. He's a wood elf. If you have a brain in your head and don't want to get turned into an orc, you'll leave the way you came." She shakes her head sadly, "Come on, one elven archer isn't anything to get upset about. Let's get going."

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• "That wouldn't help my two companions," Twig says apologetically. "And I think grandpa is a bit tied up at the moment."
                          sigpic

Comment

• "Eh?" The female stone giant asks. "Then where is the grandmother?"

[Gades and Siri, roll spot check. ]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              "Eh?" The female stone giant asks. "Then where is the grandmother?"

[Gades and Siri, roll spot check. ]
                              "She disappeared a few moments ago."
                              sigpic

Comment

• "What?!?!?!" The female ogre exclaims. "From where?"

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X