No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're getting settled in for the night when the door opens and an elderly female halfling hobbles in. She merely glances around and totters to the back wall of the shed. A special touch opens yet another secret door and she starts down the stair. She comes right back up.

"You there, which of you will go bring in my groceries? I can't cook for so many with no food, you know."

Going back into the original room of the shed, you find [Who goes, by the way?] seven large sacks of food.

Actions?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Twig bestirs himself to help.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [Moving right along...]

Twig finds he can only manage two bags at a time. The lady of the house grabs one and lead him down the stair. At the base of the stair is a small anteroom. She deposits her load on a low shelf and pushes the wall. It opens, despite there being no apparent door, and she leads Twig into a huge chamber. She turns to her right and leads the way to the kitchen. The chamber is decorated richly, most castles would be jealous, and provisioned well with comfortable furnishings. The kitchen proves to be about half as big - which makes it larger than most small pastures. She instructs Twig to place the bags on the counter as she busies herself with putting things away and beginning dinner.

Actions?
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Twig goes back to grab more bags.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [ waiting for the other guys...]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Siri goes with and helps.
              Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Gades sighs and decides to help as well.
                Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Twig leads the way down on Trip Number Two. After a moment, you hear the upstairs door close and the old halfling follow.

Once in the kitchen, the good wife shoos you out to relax in the 'living room'. The old halfling has already made himself comfortable in something he tells you is called a 'lazy-boy'. Trying them out, you can see why - these chairs are more comfortable than most beds!

The old halfling asks if you like sport. Not waiting for a reply, he begins scrying on a large, flat thing that looks like a dim picture glass until it suddenly lights up. Two groups of humans, big ones, are colliding with each other. No weapons but they are in two different uniforms. The old halfling calls it 'footsball'. You don't know the rules but a disembodied voice tells you 'Not-a-dame' is winning by seven points and 'L'su' just got something called a downtouch.

You understand the basics of 'footsball' (the disembodied voice calls it 'football' but why insult your host?) by the time the game is over and the good wife calls you to dinner. She leads you to yet another room, this one a small feast hall. 'Small' in that it isn't as large as the kitchen - but only by a small margin. The tables (five of them) are laden with food. LOTS of food. A WHOLE lot of food.

You begin to wonder just how long you were watching 'footsball'...

Actions?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Bemused, Twig says in an aside to Gades, "May as well live in the now, if we're not going to remember this."

To the hosts, he says, "Thank you for your hospitality. This is far more than we expected."
                    sigpic

Comment

• Gades nods, "Why not? It would be rude to turn down their hospitality."

He thanks the hosts and prepares to eat.
                      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• []

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Before starting in on the food, Siri notes, "You're being awfully hospitable to a bunch of people who barged uninvited into your house just before dinner. Does this sort of thing happen often to you two?"

Comment

• "Oh my yes..." the elderly female replies. "People are always coming in for a visit. Won't you try the turkey?"

[Detect motive or whatever you got - roll for it. ]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [2. Looks like I'm doomed.]

Comment

• [16-1=15]
                                sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X