Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Where in Canada have you been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mossy, West Virginia.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      No stranger than some American place names are.

Pennsylvania's got some doozies:

North East
      Nanty-Glo
      Bird-in-Hand
      Intercourse
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Passamaquody.

Or however it's spelled.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Passamaquody.

Or however it's spelled.
          Are you aiming for Punxatawney?
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Passamaquoddy, NY

Comment

Hell, Michigan.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Wrong state. That's where idiots stand around and watch to see what a groundhog does in early February

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Wrong state. That's where idiots stand around and watch to see what a groundhog does in early February
                  And that determines which Sunday Easter will be!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Admit it, you're trying to herd people there!

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                      Admit it, you're trying to herd people there!
                      Git along little dogies!

Comment

I drive past the town all the time on my way to visit relatives. I was only guessing that because she posted it in response to my naming other Pennsylvania towns.
                        sigpic

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that most respondents who have set foot in Canuckistan had the good sense to leave?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that most respondents who have set foot in Canuckistan had the good sense to leave?
                            I was kicked out.

OH!!!! I didn't include the time me and my buddy Roy tried to go to Canada from Lorain Ohio floating in truck inner tubes, and got picked up by the Coast Guard somewhere in the middle of Lake Erie!

Comment

My grandfather once tried to take several cartons of cigarettes across the border. The border guard said, "You can't take those across without paying a duty tax. You can only take across duty-free what you can carry on your person." So he emptied the cartons and stuffed all the packs down his shirt, and they let him drive through.
                              sigpic

Comment

No where. But I had a dream I visited Mossy's house. Then it looked like a buried cave with cats and we ate Venison stew and there was a tornado. Not kidding.
                                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                                George Bernard Shaw

Comment